Official 2010 Off Season Free Agent And Trade Thread

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

goodwill announces that the latest trend among homeless people will be a ton of number 23 jerseys donated from Northeast Ohio
Can't imagine how soul crushed Cleveland fans are right now.

Gotta tell you......if Lebron just keeps repeating the "people say athletes always take the money......I was willing to sacrifice supreme alpha dog status and a lot of cash to try and contend for years.....and people are still pissed....that's hypocrisy" argument......he might come out of this looking ok. People are fickle.Not in Cleveland obviously, they will hate him forever. But elsewhere.

i have to admit that the team he had in cleveland went as far as they can go and I've always said the one thing Lebron needed and never had was another guy that demanded a double team i'd like to say that Miami will have no money to fill out their roster but there are always plenty of salary cap tricks maybe not this year but eventually they'll have a sick sick team possibly despite Chris Bosh

i have to admit that the team he had in cleveland went as far as they can go and I've always said the one thing Lebron needed and never had was another guy that demanded a double team i'd like to say that Miami will have no money to fill out their roster but there are always plenty of salary cap tricks maybe not this year but eventually they'll have a sick sick team possibly despite Chris Bosh
yeah with cap exceptions and veteran's exceptions and Pat Riley the genius......they should be ridiculously stacked by 2012. By then, they could be a super team......for now they are contenders with Lakers, Magic, Celtics, Bulls (maybe)

‎"Lebron, you should go to Miami and make your mother happy" - Lebron's mom after having a fight with Delonte West and finding out Michael Beasley was on the Heat.A friend of mine posted this on their Facebook page. I found it funny.

Gotta tell you......if Lebron just keeps repeating the "people say athletes always take the money......I was willing to sacrifice supreme alpha dog status and a lot of cash to try and contend for years.....and people are still pissed....that's hypocrisy" argument......he might come out of this looking ok. People are fickle.Not in Cleveland obviously, they will hate him forever. But elsewhere.
That's bullshit.We'll see if they actually are taking less money when it all shakes out and his ego has only shown itself to be even more massive than before with this whole process.If it was about winning I think he would have gone to The Bulls, this is about being part of the biggest spectacle in the NBA.A guy who many times has said his goal is to be a billionaire can never play the I took less money card unless he actually takes a lot less money. He would only piss more people off playing that game. He should just be honest and say I think the best place for me is playing with the Heat with another great player Dwayne Wade and not paying any State Income Tax on my worldwide earnings since I'm now going to be a Florida resident.
If it was about winning I think he would have gone to The Bulls
I can agree with or at least somewhat recognize the rest of your post but the above is true bullshit. The way people are dismissing a team with two of the best three players in the NBA is stunning. Short term, they will be awesome. Long term with exceptions, they are downright scary.Wade won a title by himself almost. When did Rose or Noah or Boozer ever do that? The idea that Chicago is so much better set up to win is being completely overhyped. I'll take Wade/Bosh/X over Rose/Noah/Boozer. Love the idea of picking up Brad Miller. He would be a perfect fit. Plus, Pat Riley is clearly a demi-god at the very least. He will talk enough people on the back end of their careers to forgo the money this one time.
I can agree with or at least somewhat recognize the rest of your post but the above is true bullshit. The way people are dismissing a team with two of the best three players in the NBA is stunning. Short term, they will be awesome. Long term with exceptions, they are downright scary.Wade won a title by himself almost. When did Rose or Noah or Boozer ever do that? The idea that Chicago is so much better set up to win is being completely overhyped. I'll take Wade/Bosh/X over Rose/Noah/Boozer. Love the idea of picking up Brad Miller. He would be a perfect fit. Plus, Pat Riley is clearly a demi-god at the very least. He will talk enough people on the back end of their careers to forgo the money this one time.
For next year I think The Bulls would have given LeBron a better chance of winning, no question Wade is a great player and better than anybody on the Bulls though. It's a debate that can never be settled unless of course Miami wins the title.Will be interesting to see what happens with Beasley and if they move him, if they don't then every other player on the roster is going to be a minimum salary guy and players like Brad Miller are going to be able to make a lot more than that elsewhere.I think one real problem in getting players to take less money is the fact that everybody expects there to be a lockout in 2011/12 so players aren't going to be able to make up taking less money as easily moving forward. That and the fact that there is going to be so much cap space floating around on other teams to attract those players elsewhere.Bosh has a bad knee that might be chronic and Wade has had injury problems. That to me would be a huge concern since any of them going down is going to really hurt.Edit: I also expect Wade to be the one to back off a bit on offense and let it mostly run through LeBron. His ego can handle it.

you know as i think about this I think it becomes apparent that Lebron was too young to worship the Michael Jordan who struggled to achieve his first threepeatI think he just knows the Rock Star atmosphere of the second one where the Bulls strode everywhere followed by camerasI have to admit that despite being sad that he didn't go for loyalty I'm intrigued at watching the Heat - plus as far as the East goes - that was Boston's last gasp although I love Rondo- the Hawks peaked - the Bulls aren't quite there - Orlando is really the only team that can stop them the next few years

NEW YORK (AP)—The agent for David Lee(notes) says the All-Star forward is heading from the New York Knicks to the Golden State Warriors in a sign-and-trade deal.Mark Bartelstein says Lee will get a six-year, $80 million contract. The Knicks will receive forwards Anthony Randolph(notes), Kelenna Azubuike(notes) and Ronny Turiaf(notes).Lee has been the Knicks’ most popular and productive player under coach Mike D’Antoni, but the team wouldn’t commit to signing him so it could preserve enough salary cap room to afford two maximum salary players.The Knicks gave one of those contracts to Amare Stoudemire, who signed Thursday and plays the same position as Lee.

This is awesome.http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.htmlOpen Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight; As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier. This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment. Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us. The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you. There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you. You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal. You have given so much and deserve so much more. In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: "I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE" You can take it to the bank. If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels. Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there. Sorry, but that's simply not how it works. This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become. But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio. The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma. Just watch. Sleep well, Cleveland. Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day.... I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only: DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue.... Dan GilbertMajority OwnerCleveland Cavaliers

that gilbert statement is insanei guess there will be lots of fun stories and recriminations to followI knew there was trouble when Gilbert kept saying that he wasn't picking a coach by talking to Lebron and Lebron not meeting Izzonot very classy Dan - then again his franchise is now worth about 60 percent of its value

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE" currently on the phone trying to book Dan Gilbert's action - I may be the new owner of the cavs

This is awesome.
Sure. Funny, too. And wildly delusional. Don't forget that part.This is just example #1 of why this move is so so so good for the NBA.

My 2 cents on this:1. The one thought I keep having thats pissing me off that no one in the media is asking. If winning is all that mattered to Lebron, and Cleveland was his first choice.....why couldnt he convince Wade+Bosh to come to HIM? (I probably know the answer, just wondering why he isnt being called out on it)2. Best thing I heard: Michael never left, and joined the Pistons.Im vacationing in Miami as we speak. At first I was tempted to join the bandwagon, now Im just feeling dirty for ever having considered it. There's something to be said for turning around a bad situation by yourself, and not taking the easy route. Oh, and I listened to ESPN for a about an hour today.....I think even the Todd Van Pelt, the afternoon host, realized how badly they looked having this "special". Overkill FTW. That said, you cant go 5seconds without someone talking about it in Florida.

This is awesome.http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment. There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.
I loved it too!And while much of it sounds rather crazy, I believe this part to be true.