Official 2010 Off Season Free Agent And Trade Thread

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Durant signs an extension with no fanfare.
I posted about it earlier.The real question for Chicago fans: how does the Boozer signing affect their chances of getting Lebron?
I posted about it earlier.The real question for Chicago fans: how does the Boozer signing affect their chances of getting Lebron?
It doesn't. LeBron just isn't going to The Bulls
It doesn't. LeBron just isn't going to The Bulls
This is what I meant:chadfordinsiderBulls agree to 5 yr, $80 mil deal with Carlos Boozer. Bulls still have enough cap space to sign a max player. I didn't mean that the presence of Boozer would influence Lebron to go to Chicago. I couldn't remember what their cap space situation was.

Just heard that Lebron changed his property billing address to ChicagoThat team would be a bear with Boozer - I think he's going there - damn you Chris Bosh

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A...ug=ap-salarycapSalary cap set at $58 million, more than expected43 minutes agoNEW YORK (AP)—The NBA salary cap for next season has been set at $58 million, a higher number than projected.The cap goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. Thursday, ending the league’s moratorium period and allowing free agent contracts to be signed.Commissioner David Stern said in April the league was projecting the cap to come in at $56.1. The nearly $2 million more will be helpful to Miami as it tries to fill out a roster around Dwyane Wade(notes), Chris Bosh(notes) and perhaps even LeBron James(notes).The mid-level exception is $5.8 million.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A...ug=ap-salarycapSalary cap set at $58 million, more than expected43 minutes agoNEW YORK (AP)—The NBA salary cap for next season has been set at $58 million, a higher number than projected.The cap goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. Thursday, ending the league’s moratorium period and allowing free agent contracts to be signed.Commissioner David Stern said in April the league was projecting the cap to come in at $56.1. The nearly $2 million more will be helpful to Miami as it tries to fill out a roster around Dwyane Wade(notes), Chris Bosh(notes) and perhaps even LeBron James(notes).The mid-level exception is $5.8 million.
It keeps getting better and better. And Miami stole USC's prized OL recruit today. Great day.

Not really a surprise.Allen agrees to re-sign with CelticsBy Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 13 minutes ago Ray Allen(notes) has reached agreement on a two-year, $20 million contract with the Boston Celtics, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.Allen is scheduled to make $10 million in each season of the deal. The second year is at his option.Allen’s agreement comes five days after the Celtics agreed to give Paul Pierce(notes) a four-year, $61 million extension.

I think it would be cool if the Lebron announcement was made just like the NBA lottery with all the GM's there at a big table and envelopes showing what place everyone finished in

all this talk about how the cavs can pay lebron like 35 million more is nonsense I haven't seen anyone point out that it's because they can sign him for an extra yearis there really any doubt that Lebron will still be a max player at 30 by that time the max will probably be close to 30 mil anyway - sounds like almost a push to me

LeBatardShow an awful lot of connected people i know have already dropped 66K each on heat season tickets. and it isn't because of bosh and wade about 12 hours ago via web

I keep hearing the theory about how since Lebron didn't go to college he never got to experience being recruited and now he wants all of that. Did colleges really not recruit him because he was almost definitely going to enter the draft? You'd think they would still be pushing hard to convince him to go to college.Apparently he's going to announce his decision at the beginning of the show (and then I guess they need an hour to answer questions about why?).I drew this line as a representation of the show's ratings:2gsrct5.jpg

lol, I pretty much agree with everything this guy said
I think we should probably wait to see the show before making judgments about it.I don't think the way he has handled free agency has been bad.
I think we should probably wait to see the show before making judgments about it.I don't think the way he has handled free agency has been bad.
I agree, besides this self indulgent press conference, what else has he done? He has pretty much shut up and people around him have been speculating.EDIT: I guess you could find fault that he has idiots as his business advisors, but at least Master P isn't his agent.

All the Lebron hate is mostly crap. However, having a tv special to announce you are crushing Cleveland (the ultimate in cursed sports cities) would be brutal. A small part of me hopes he decides to go back to Cleveland despite how awesome it would be to watch Wade/Bron/Bosh for half a decade. If he comes to Miami, I will get over it.

I love the fact that places like Us Magazine are getting involved in the speculation.LeBron James has rented six cabanas at the W Hotel South Beach this weekend to celebrate his team decision, two sources confirm to UsMagazine.com.

I love the fact that places like Us Magazine are getting involved in the speculation.LeBron James has rented six cabanas at the W Hotel South Beach this weekend to celebrate his team decision, two sources confirm to UsMagazine.com.
Yeah, a lot of us at work were talking about going over to the W this weekend. There's even a Mr. Chow there!Seriously, I am still not convinced at all that Lebron is coming. I just can't see how we get that lucky.

Even though its the most annoyingly dragged out story in sports, I must give it to Lebron for having ESPN donate all the ad revenue to his charity...But man if he goes to Miami, what a slap in the face to the city of Cleveland..As a Raptor fan we think we got the short end of the stick, but if Lebron leaves Cleveland loses the only things they have going for them , sports wise.

Even though its the most annoyingly dragged out story in sports,
I think it's blown so far past anything I've ever seen before, I actually love it. All of the gossip, all of the desperation. Right now on sports center they are having a guy from new jersey say " what went wrong?". There could be riots in cleveland. This is amazing.