Official 2010 Off Season Free Agent And Trade Thread

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Bosh and Wade in Miami? Riley must be pretty excited.
Is it a sign and trade for Bosh?

This just in:New York Yankees say, "Ah, fuck it" and sigh LeBron James to a 10 year, $300 million contract to play left field.

Stephen A Smith is reporting that Bill Simmons is an idiot with no sources
This just in:New York Yankees say, "Ah, fuck it" and sigh LeBron James to a 10 year, $300 million contract to play left field.
These both made me chuckle.
No word on that. I hope Broussard is wrong and an idiot like he's been all along. (Among others)
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-h...0,3863221.storysorry, man. HUZZAH!!! Now, they just have to fill out the team with some lower cost pieces (Mike Miller, Ray Felton, Haywood, etc).
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-h...0,3863221.storysorry, man. HUZZAH!!! Now, they just have to fill out the team with some lower cost pieces (Mike Miller, Ray Felton, Haywood, etc).
You're in a bit of a fantasy land if you think any of the 3 you've mentioned will be cheap. There will be a lot of money chasing not a lot of talent and there are going to be a lot of players being overpaid in that third tier of players.Miami might get one of those players at most.
You're in a bit of a fantasy land if you think any of the 3 you've mentioned will be cheap. There will be a lot of money chasing not a lot of talent and there are going to be a lot of players being overpaid in that third tier of players.Miami might get one of those players at most.
I was merely showing the pool of players they should be choosing from. I know they won't get three. I think two is in the realm of possibility. One is probable. Raymond Felton would be my guess. He is said to have a lot of interest in playing with Wade and agreed to wait and see what happens with Bosh first. Mike Miller might be willing to take less, you never know.Haywood is staying in Dallas I think. Nowitzki specifically took less so they could try and keep him. I am thinking, realistically for Miami:Felton/Wade/shooter x (Miller or Korver I hope)/Bosh/AnthonyThats a contender.
I was merely showing the pool of players they should be choosing from. I know they won't get three. I think two is in the realm of possibility. One is probable. Raymond Felton would be my guess. He is said to have a lot of interest in playing with Wade and agreed to wait and see what happens with Bosh first. Mike Miller might be willing to take less, you never know.Haywood is staying in Dallas I think. Nowitzki specifically took less so they could try and keep him. I am thinking, realistically for Miami:Felton/Wade/shooter x (Miller or Korver I hope)/Bosh/AnthonyThats a contender.
Well let's just compare that lineup to the Lakers.Wade and Kobe are pretty much a wash at this point in their careers.Gasol is better than Bosh.Then the comparison gets really ugly for The Heat and I think the players you've mentioned is the best case scenario for Miami.They will be in the mix though.
So if you're Chicago I guess you overpay either Boozer or Lee and then overpay for a shooter who can play the 2. I actually think JJ Redick would be a good fit on The Bulls.This link lists all of the free agents by position.http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgmG...genttracker2010
Interesting article about pick and roll stats.Derrick Rose is the 4th best mid-range shooting point guard in the league and the Bulls are the 4th best at ball-handler points per pick and roll possession. Basically, when they run the pick and roll, they are really good at scoring with the ball-handler. However, they are second to last at roll-man scoring.The Knicks were the best team at roll-man scoring in large part due to David Lee. They were #1 in spite of the fact that Chris Duhon, who ran it most of the time, was dead last in mid-range shooting. Maybe there is some correlation between a bad shooter forcing it to the roll man all the time or a good scorer not giving it to him enough, but it seems like if you combine Rose and Lee in a pick and roll, you would have an excellent scoring option. Add a shooter on the wing like Redick and that's a great three-man game you can run, especially in late game situations.
Well let's just compare that lineup to the Lakers.Wade and Kobe are pretty much a wash at this point in their careers.Gasol is better than Bosh.Then the comparison gets really ugly for The Heat and I think the players you've mentioned is the best case scenario for Miami.They will be in the mix though.
I said contender. Not "clear champion".I like the Felton v Lakers PG matchup just fine though. Plus, Kobe has to get old eventually. Miami will be contending for a long time with Wade and Bosh and whoever.

Kevin Durant signed a 5 year extension.He wouldn't have been an unrestricted free agent next year, right? He and Melo being available next off-season would've been almost as much fun as this off-season.

I have to say whether Cle loses Lebron or not - I think it's cool that the NBA's structure has kept most of its big names in the cities that they were drafted byDurant staying in OK is great

Kevin Durant signed a 5 year extension.He wouldn't have been an unrestricted free agent next year, right? He and Melo being available next off-season would've been almost as much fun as this off-season.
CBA changes next year. Same reason Richard Jefferson re-signed when he could have pocketed 21 mill this coming year and then been a UFA. These guys are getting their long term money now before all the rules change again for the worse.
He would have been a restricted free agent. Most restricted superstars like Durant or Wade and LeBron when they were in the same position sign the max extension the year before they are actually a restricted free agent.

Some thoughts from Stan Van Gundy.http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_ma...nt-special.html

It shouldn’t come as a surprise that Stan Van Gundy will not watch tomorrow night’s LeBron James announcement special. James will declare his intentions for next season in a one-hour special on ESPN that will air at 9 p.m.As Van Gundy put it a few minutes ago , “It takes 15 seconds to say, ‘I’ve decided to stay in Cleveland,’ but we’ve got another 59 minutes and 45 seconds to, what? Promote LeBron James? As if we don’t do that enough.”Choosing one quote over another from the 7 minutes we spoke to Van Gundy about this before AirTran Airways Pro Summer League tipped off is completely impossible, so I’ve posted a nearly full transcript of Van Gundy’s thoughts on free agency.Some highlights:1. He thinks the whole spectacle is ridiculous and said the big three did a nice job putting on a charade.2. He likened Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade together to Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol and also said he wasn’t surprised Bosh went to Miami because he’d been following Wade around “for two weeks like a lapdog.”3. He seemed to have great admiration for the way Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant handled their recent contract extensions. “You don’t hear Kobe Bryant and certainly not Kevin Durant talking about their brand … they’re simply basketball players who want to be great players and win games.”4. He hopes Pat Riley doesn’t return to coach the Heat (thus unseating Erik Spoelstra).
hey ron jeremy, shut up. no one cares what the "master of panic" thinks.
I quite enjoy hearing what he has to say about a wide variety of subjects.
I quite enjoy hearing what he has to say about a wide variety of subjects.
I actually like him a lot but his views on Pat Riley are, um, skewed.
http://twitter.com/RicBucher/status/179796610775 yrs/80 mill for Boozer is what I've heard.Edit: They just mentioned it on ESPN.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A...ozerbulls070710Source: Bulls to sign BoozerBy Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 13 minutes agoThe Chicago Bulls have reached agreement with Carlos Boozer(notes) on a five-year contract worth $80 million, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.The Bulls moved quickly to secure a commitment from Boozer after Dwyane Wade(notes) decided to re-sign with the Miami Heat and bring Chris Bosh(notes) with him.