Official 2010 Off Season Free Agent And Trade Thread

Because it doesn't matter. If lebron says something, it can be considered tampering. But since Wes has no official position with Lebron, then he can say what ever he wants.
I don't think Lebron can tamper with himself.But my point was: Lebron wants to make this offseason all about him and loves the attention. Why would he want any information leaked about where he's going? He wants it to be a mystery.Obviously this is all speculation, but that's what it seemed like to me.
  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Lebron can tamper with himself.But my point was: Lebron wants to make this offseason all about him and loves the attention. Why would he want any information leaked about where he's going? He wants it to be a mystery.Obviously this is all speculation, but that's what it seemed like to me.
I guess I don't see Wes Making a comment as some how taking away from attention. Teams are still going to shower him with attention in the off chance he changes his mind. in fact, it might inspire them to shower harder.
There are only 5-10 good GMs in the whole league and Portland just fired one. Not a strong move.
They say that Pritchard is a good player personel guy but isn't a good people person and especially isn't good with his superiors.
Stephen A Smith reports Lebron and Bosh will join Wade on HeatI still don't think anybody really knows yet.
Steven A Smith is a total douchbag who is always making crap up.
I guess I don't see Wes Making a comment as some how taking away from attention. Teams are still going to shower him with attention in the off chance he changes his mind. in fact, it might inspire them to shower harder.
Pretty sure teams are going to go all out regardless of what they hear.But this is really all I'm saying, IF it is true that Lebron is definitely going to Chicago:The people who would actually know this would be really close to Lebron. The people who would be really close to Lebron wouldn't go against his wishes and leak this information.That's just my opinion and there are some pretty obvious assumptions I'm making to reach that conclusion.
Steven A Smith is a total douchbag who is always making crap up.
Well then.
I hope these ****ers make a superteam and get crushed by the Lakers every year in June. Then Kobe can tell every player in the history of basketball to suck it.
I hope that they make their superteam and crush the Chris Wallace hand delivered superteam Lakers in 5 straight finals so Kobe retires with 5, Wade has 6, and Kobe can suck it.
I hope that they make their superteam and crush the Chris Wallace hand delivered superteam Lakers in 5 straight finals so Kobe retires with 5, Wade has 6, and Kobe can suck it.
my name is CaneBrain and I approve this message.
Kobe's only playing 4 more years before he goes to Italy, so Wade can only get even on Kobe's watch.I really hope this doesn't happen in Miami, it would be a million times cooler if they all went to NY. Unfortunately, there's probably no way the Knicks can get rid of Curry's contract to do so.
So are you buying season tickets now or waiting for an offical announcement?
I bought a 10 game flex package which was pretty cheap. Figured that was hedging my bets. If they get the triumvirate, then I can always pick up a few games here and there if I want at crazy high prices. I am locked in for 10 games at a very reasonable rate for now.

While having season tickets to a sports franchise seems cool. There is little to no value to it, unless you are in a city where games are always sold out with a huge demand so you can offload your extra tickets.The NFL, maybe the only exception to that, because it's pretty reasonable to think you can make 1 -2 preseason games, 8 regular season games, and if you are lucky 1-2 post season games.Baseball is just insane.

While having season tickets to a sports franchise seems cool. There is little to no value to it, unless you are in a city where games are always sold out with a huge demand so you can offload your extra tickets.
In addition to taking offense at your punctuation, I don't agree with this. There are plenty of people who the time and inclination to attend every game, in which case season tickets make sense.
In addition to taking offense at your punctuation, I don't agree with this. There are plenty of people who the time and inclination to attend every game, in which case season tickets make sense.
I may have bad punctuation, but you left out words.The people who HAVE the time and inclination are very few. Going to 45 basketball games a year, is a A LOT. So for those few, it's great. But the majority of people who purchase season tickets, go to less than half the games.
I may have bad punctuation, but you left out words.The people who HAVE the time and inclination are very few. Going to 45 basketball games a year, is a A LOT. So for those few, it's great. But the majority of people who purchase season tickets, go to less than half the games.
Dammit.But anyway, most teams have programs for their season ticket holders where they can sell unused seats. Just call them up and say, "Hey, I can't use the seats for tomorrow's game" and bam, problem solved.Personally, I think having the same seats and all the other privileges that come with it is totally worth the expense. But I don't really believe your "majority go to less than half" statistic, so there's that.
My evidence is completely anecdotal. But everyone I know who has season tickets does not get full use out of them.
Thats why it is all about the flex package.....also, the obvious reason to get season tickets now for the Heat is they are cheap.....and if they sign Lebron the price will triple overnight.

I used to have a pair of Raptors Season's Tickets and one year I went to over 40 games including pre-season and playoffs. This was in the Vinsanity days and I could have sold off any game I wanted as almost every game was a sell out that year and my seats were affordable and desirable in the first row of the upper bowl.Now I buy a third of a pair from the guy who had the seats next to me and I go to about 15 games per year.A large part of the reason for season's seats is having the best seats in a given price range such at my first row upper bowl ones.

I used to have a pair of Raptors Season's Tickets and one year I went to over 40 games including pre-season and playoffs. This was in the Vinsanity days and I could have sold off any game I wanted as almost every game was a sell out that year and my seats were affordable and desirable in the first row of the upper bowl.Now I buy a third of a pair from the guy who had the seats next to me and I go to about 15 games per year.A large part of the reason for season's seats is having the best seats in a given price range such at my first row upper bowl ones.
first row of the upper deck is always the best deal in the stadium.
does paul pierce really think someone will pay him more that 21 million next year?
yeah that is really mystifying......maybe he sees how old everyone but Rondo is and he wants to explore his options. I cannot imagine he leaves Boston though. That would be shocking.

Don't underestimate the panic some teams will have if they don't land a big name. Think the Knicks wouldn't pay him after guys like Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Stoudemire, etc. spurn them?Here is that ESPN Free Agency Summit show that aired last night. With Kornheiser, Wilbon, Simmons, and LeBatard.p.s. That's not necessarily a recommendation to watch it; I haven't seen it.

Lebatard tweeted that Bosh to Miami is a done deal via sign and trade.Miami gets Bosh, Bosh gets true max money and Toronto gets Beasley, chalmers, joel Anthony and a draft pick. Enjoy our poo poo platter Bob!