How'd You Come Up With Your Username?

so this may be a dumb thread..but i always look at ppl's usernames in the forums, and wonder how they came up with it...lol..so i'll go first...back when i was younger, i liked the rapper Shyne..not sure if any of y'all are familiar with him...he went to jail and recently got released...anyways, he used to call himself "shyne po"...after a harlem drug dealer named "al-po" (who was named after the dog food)..i added the 3 on the end because sometimes it would be taken, and 3 is my fave #...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forum name - comes from the Deep Purple song which I was obsessed with when I signed up to this forum.Stars Name - Blue Baboon - stems from my first hotmail email address I made when i was 13 and I still use. Edit - I have no idea why I chose this for an email address.FTP Name - DuckMySoup - sounded good at the time. Partially from the Marx Brothers movie Duck Soup.

Many moons ago, i.e. pre 2000, i was signing up to a web forum much like FCP. I wanted to use my real life nick name, paddy but that was taken so mrpaddyx was born. The name paddy was given to me very early on at school and have no memory of why or how.

Started off as total_anarchy, but switched over when I first started playing Diablo 2 (about 10 years or so ago) I had the username Anarchy, and when your character goes up in difficulty they get a title in front of their name and one of the titles you get is Lord. My poker screen-name (pandemonic) comes from the Behemoth album name Pandemonic Incantations.

Yeah DNA, but those other ones came about before I got here, thusly I'm not allowed to post in them.As discussed, my name is street that crafted the world's greatest polish hotdog. The proprietor wisely called this item a 'maxwell street polish'.In addition my wife got a sheepdog after graduating college, just before we moved in together. She wanted to name him max after the sheepdog from the little mermaid. Turns out if a dog is a purebred and you register it with the AKC, if you name it "max", it becomes "max" followed by the number of max's that are registered. That's why the dogs in those AKC shows (probably same with horses) have silly 3 name names. Anyways, the dog became maxwell street polish as well. We'd never dare to eat him though! Because we love him.....and are not asian.We got him like 7 years ago, which is when I started playing poker. As such all my poker handles have taken the MaxStPolish form. If you ever played a neg-o or whatever on stars, my picture is my dog holding big slick. Nurse avatar for tilt because wife is a RN. Family is well incorporated in my poker doings on.

My names change usually from time to time simply because I get bored of them. On older RPGs it was either "Gordhead22" (Nickname + Number) or "Creeper120" (Random lolz)As for now, delved is a name that popped in my head that sounded cool at the time so I went with it. Thebangtrain is my name on FTP which I think is funny and I came up with it probably 3 years ago or so. Bertiful is my Stars/XBL name and Bert is also a name I have used for a long time on many different things, so I finally thought of the right play on words to use of it combining Bert + Beautiful = Bertiful.Boom

As a hobby other than poker, I like to strip and refinish furniture. The most satisfying part is after you've removed the old finish, you blow that last bit of the old off. Voila, a fresh new canvas to make your own. I used strippersnblow, instead of stripnblow. I didn't want people to get the wrong idea.

I was in my messy ass office room and was cleaning up, lurking on FCP, moving stuff, etc. I was also in the middle of signing up.At one point I hopped down in my chair, spun around, which made the arm of the chair slam the table, which was piled high with a bunch of clothes and magazines, on top of which I had placed our Black and Decker "Dustbuster" , which then slid off landslide style and landed hard in my lap, and.....ldo

Lurbz - Kinda obv...last name is UrbzDaemonReich (FTP) - "Daemon" because I was an AV kid in high school who did a lot of editing rather than camera work, so my nickname was Daemon (since in computing a Daemon is something that operates in the background.) Reich has been my nickname since I was 12, started off as a randomly assigned nickname for a Laser Tag Overnight Lock-In at the time (lol kid summers), it stuck, and people knew me as that afterwards.BBsRJReich (Stars) - I will never explain this, ever.

The 2nd link is better, imo. Especially the Lake Minnetonka part. (It's in this one, right?)
Gallo geez your right for once the 2nd link is better lolmy 1st name when I 1st joined in 2005 was obvious roseyg my 2nd stems from all my initials 59 just a reference date lol

Way back in the day (around 1996) I was 16, they used to have these wrestling fantasy sites where you create a wrestler and basically flame the other created wrestlers. Who ever ran the site had weekly "events" where they would have bouts and determine the winner based on who was funnier/more creative in the forum. My buddy Steven and I created this character name Biff Goods whose finishing move was "the goods." He was a super cocky, egotistical, narcissistic bad boy and I can't tell you how easy it was to write for him. Telling people that you were gonna give them "the goods" was genius and insanely funny. No one could even come close to topping us. Biff Goods became so ridiculously funny to us that we constantly brought the name up years later when creating user names and avatars for anything. My buddy Steven is across seas right now in the military on what seems like his 175th tour (I'm obviously embellishing). I chose this as homage to him and to the all the fun times we had when we were growing up.

back when i was younger, i liked the rapper Shyne..not sure if any of y'all are familiar with him...he went to jail and recently got released...anyways, he used to call himself "shyne po"...after a harlem drug dealer named "al-po" (who was named after the dog food)..
lol, I always read your name in my head as shiny poo 3.Used to play HS baseball and was all arms and legs at 2nd base, and got the nickname slinky, later it was shortened to slink.Stars nickname came about when I was playing in a live game with some friends of friends who were drunk and one obnoxious lady asked me what my name was and I told her Peter, Max Peter (maxpeter01).

I kept trying to be FCP Bob but it was takin, so I invented my own little communist canadian country. It's stupid and hard to pronounce.Stars sn PearlPlayer is obvious.

Corvair = 1960-1969 car made by GM. Rear-Engine Air-Cooled (like a old volkswagen beetle/bug). Most guys here my age (30) or younger have no clue about this car. The old dinosaurs :club: here will remember it as "That's that car where the motor falls out of the back while you are driving down the road." or another one of my favorites, "That's the car my buddy had and the steering wheel came right off and he barely made it home." Actually, if you fix one up these days they are great dependable cars. I have 3. Early Convertible Turbo, Late model coupe (Corsa65), and a Greenbrier (early mini-van).Shaggy = In high school I was tall, lanky and had hair and a goatee just like Shaggy from Scooby-Do (smoked alot of scooby snacks back then too)PS-CorvairShagg - Damn 12 letter restrictions.

Corvair = 1960-1969 car made by GM. Rear-Engine Air-Cooled (like a old volkswagen beetle/bug). Most guys here my age (30) or PS-CorvairShagg - Damn 12 letter restrictions.
Thought so, I learned to drive stick on my friends 65 coupe. Kinda Porsch like !

Was my nickname growing up. Initals = BB + I played alot of pickup basketball and could always fill it up from the outside, so they just started calling me BB Gun...