What can we expect from the Euro in the next 3 months? Do we see the instability of the EU causing a massive drop?Cause I am making travel plans and would like to return to a lot of Euro using countries this summer, but only if my strong dollar allows me to look down on the European scum...Otherwise it's back to the Baltic

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I spelled it wrong. Whenever I think of the Euro, I think of Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh so my fingers get confused.

Go to Costa Rica. Reasonably strong US Dollar, beautiful country, and they don't hate Americans there (yet)....as far as the Euro goes, I've heard a lot of speculation that the Euro is in a bit of short term trouble.

Go to Costa Rica. Reasonably strong US Dollar, beautiful country, and they don't hate Americans there (yet)....as far as the Euro goes, I've heard a lot of speculation that the Euro is in a bit of short term trouble.
I've been to two Costa Rican towns, Puerto Limon and Puerto Arenas ( sp? )I wasn't really impressed, but I have also looked at buying a house there and the culture, the government and the price of beach front homes make it very attractive. Not sure I can handle the summers though ( and I golf in 110 degree summers at noon all the time )Although the joke factor of the thread is weakly in front, I am really curious about the effect the Greek thing and the $trillion bail out etc all will have on the world currency market. I have been pretty pessimistic about the American recovery but a stronger dollar could attract more business to the US markets and give us a much needed boost.
in 1987 I was a contestant on High Rollers (with Wink Martindale, LOL)I won a trip to Costa Rica. It was indeed pretty awesome.
in 1987 I was a contestant on High Rollers (with Wink Martindale, LOL)I won a trip to Costa Rica. It was indeed pretty awesome.
With Wink Martindale...I BET it was awesome
1.25 is a big support and might hold for a bit, but i see the euro trading probably 1.10 by the end of the year.
Will the pound follow the Euro?Not that they are connected, just thinking of Europe as a whole.

Yeah, I think the Euro is in trouble. The problem is the dollar is about to meet many of the same problems, so it's hard to guess their relative strength.

Yeah, I think the Euro is in trouble. The problem is the dollar is about to meet many of the same problems, so it's hard to guess their relative strength.
the u.s. has some of the same problems the piigs do, but it's much easier to deal with when california, new jersey etc have the same currency and when that currency is backed by the largest economy in the world. also, the u.s. debt outlook for H2 2010 and forward looks much better. the more stable eu countries' ire will only grow as they're forced to devalue, and the political situation will get ugly.eur/usd should test the next line in the sand at 1.2330 soon (2008 crisis low). next stop 1.1650 (the 2005 low).
The DOW & Gold aren't doing much better.
gold less than 1% off a record high? i'd say it's doing fine.stocks have to come off as the carry trade unwinds.

More importantly is Ireland going to be ok?I couldn't even go back there if I wanted apparently, no jobs at all and I've been out of the country too long to get any welfare.

York, you feel anything?
Eh, I guess the coins feel a bit lighter today, but I can't really be sure. I mostly use Swiss Francs anyway. Now there's a currency you can set your watch to.
Eh, I guess the coins feel a bit lighter today, but I can't really be sure. I mostly use Swiss Francs anyway. Now there's a currency you can set your Jewish gold encrusted watch to.
1.2267asian indexes getting clobbered as well
Feel okay about the future, so I booked a Med cruise for this August.Start in Venice, end in BarcelonaMy wife and I already agreed that we would not be getting off the boat in Athens. it was kind of boring for us last time and now we don't want to get accosted for free hand outs now that the government is slowing down their free handouts there.
Feel okay about the future, so I booked a Med cruise for this August.Start in Venice, end in BarcelonaMy wife and I already agreed that we would not be getting off the boat in Athens. it was kind of boring for us last time and now we don't want to get accosted for free hand outs now that the government is slowing down their free handouts there.
I've heard athens is a pretty ugly city.
I've heard athens is a pretty ugly city.
You go to the Acropolis thinking: This is going to be awesome, it's a hill of ingeniousness, where great thinkers thought great things.Then you get there and realize that they literally built crappy houses right up to the very base of the hill, so when you are up there, you are constantly reminded of the fact that you are in a big city, with pollution, crime and facially hairy women.It kind of takes the wind out of your sails.Plus it sucks.But I've heard some people really enjoyed it. Some people also enjoy Haggis..
You go to the Acropolis thinking: This is going to be awesome, it's a hill of ingeniousness, where great thinkers thought great things.Then you get there and realize that they literally built crappy houses right up to the very base of the hill, so when you are up there, you are constantly reminded of the fact that you are in a big city, with pollution, crime and facially hairy women.It kind of takes the wind out of your sails.Plus it sucks.But I've heard some people really enjoyed it. Some people also enjoy Haggis..
same concept with the pyramids:http://maps.google.com/maps?q=pyramids+of+...mp;t=h&z=16I'm probably never visiting greece. I could just watch the history channel, don't they have a series on third world shitholes between all the nazi programming?