Just sat down at table. No reads...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.comsaw flop|saw showdownButton ($5.65)SB ($3.02)BB ($4.29)UTG ($5.73)Hero ($4.88)CO ($13.92)Preflop: Hero is MP with T[:spade:], T[:diamond:]. 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10.Flop: ($0.47) Q[:diamond:], 9[:heart:], K[:spade:] (3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.Turn: ($0.47) A[:heart:] (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BB folds.River: ($0.97) J[:club:] (2 players)Hero bets $0.86, CO folds.Final Pot: $1.83Am I betting too much on the river here?

Just sat down at table. No reads...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.comsaw flop|saw showdownButton ($5.65)SB ($3.02)BB ($4.29)UTG ($5.73)Hero ($4.88)CO ($13.92)Preflop: Hero is MP with T[:spade:], T[:diamond:]. 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10.Flop: ($0.47) Q[:diamond:], 9[:heart:], K[:spade:] (3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.Turn: ($0.47) A[:heart:] (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BB folds.River: ($0.97) J[:club:] (2 players)Hero bets $0.86, CO folds.Final Pot: $1.83Am I betting too much on the river here?
no, bc we dont get called that often, bet big and hope he thinks it is a bluff
i wouldnt be betting the turn.. but the river seems fine.

You know I started to try and argue why I bet the turn and nothing I could come up with made any sense to me....interesting. I don't really know if I was valuing or turned my hand into a bluff there. Weird...I'm glad you brought it up.

I don't really know if I was valuing or turned my hand into a bluff there.
Neither did I here, but it worked out goodferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersButton: $25.00 SB: $50.28 BB: $33.15 UTG: $28.64 UTG+1: $26.10 (Hero)CO: $25.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG+1 with Kd.gifJd.gif (6 players)UTG folds, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75Flop: ($2.10) 5c.gif2d.gifAd.gif (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50Turn: ($5.10) Kc.gif (3 players)BB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($5.10) 4c.gif (3 players)BB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $9.60, BB calls $8.10BB mucked Td.gifKs.gifHero showed Kd.gifJd.gif, and won ($23.09) with a pair of KingsHero won $23.09(Rake: $1.21)Just call it a value bluff

Ninja, I'm just trying to get your thought process on that last hand. Were you trying to get villain to fold a weak ace? Any hand that you beat, I wouldn't think would call you on the river. It seems that K 10 or worse would call here less than 1% of the time.Not critiquing you at all, just curious.

Neither did I here, but it worked out goodferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersButton: $25.00 SB: $50.28 BB: $33.15 UTG: $28.64 UTG+1: $26.10 (Hero)CO: $25.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG+1 with Kd.gifJd.gif (6 players)UTG folds, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75Flop: ($2.10) 5c.gif2d.gifAd.gif (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50Turn: ($5.10) Kc.gif (3 players)BB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($5.10) 4c.gif (3 players)BB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $9.60, BB calls $8.10BB mucked Td.gifKs.gifHero showed Kd.gifJd.gif, and won ($23.09) with a pair of KingsHero won $23.09(Rake: $1.21)Just call it a value bluff
NA, why back off the turn?
Were you trying to get villain to fold a weak ace? Any hand that you beat, I wouldn't think would call you on the river.
Yes, this is exactly what went through my mind. I know I have odds to call but I couldn't think of a hand that was blocker betting me that I actually beat... i was very wtf'd to see the results.
NA, why back off the turn?
I probably should've barreled there but I figured I just gained showdown value against the part of his range that'd check down... and I did have a lot of cards that I could take for free that could improve me to a tremendously strong hand.
I probably should've barreled there but I figured I just gained showdown value against the part of his range that'd check down... and I did have a lot of cards that I could take for free that could improve me to a tremendously strong hand.
if u gained showdown value against his range why did u raise the river.. seems like if u check the turn because u picked up showdown value u would just call the river thinking he maybe bluff or valuebet worse.obv it worked out that he called with worse, but in general wouldnt it be bad to raise river if u check back turn because u picked up SD value and think u may be ahead of a % of his range.
if u gained showdown value against his range why did u raise the river.. seems like if u check the turn because u picked up showdown value u would just call the river thinking he maybe bluff or valuebet worse.obv it worked out that he called with worse, but in general wouldnt it be bad to raise river if u check back turn because u picked up SD value and think u may be ahead of a % of his range.
Yeah but I didn't think I was ahead of any portion of his range that would make the weakish blocker bet... figuring what I was ahead of would check it down... he timebanked for a while before calling, so I'm pretty sure his initial intention was to bet-foldobviously i was incredibly surprised my hand was good when I was called