I Keep Accidentally Browsing To This Forum

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Stupidity: repeating famous quotes that contain errors over and over and expecting them to become true
Duplicity: contradictory doubleness of thought, speech, or action
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really though, it pisses me off when people use that quote as if it has any truth to it. Does anyone actually think that has anything to do with what insanity really is? Not only does it fail to capture the essence of what it means to be insane, it is not always wrong to expect different results from performing the same action over again. Conditions change. The same action often does lead to different consequences. It's one of the stupidest quotes of all time, and everyone says it as if it is so profound. Besides the fact that it is (most certainly erroneously) attributed to Einstein, why does anyone repeat this nonsense?

Stupidity: repeating famous quotes that contain errors over and over and expecting them to become true
Really though, it pisses me off when people use that quote as if it has any truth to it. Does anyone actually think that has anything to do with what insanity really is? Not only does it fail to capture the essence of what it means to be insane, it is not always wrong to expect different results from performing the same action over again. Conditions change. The same action often does lead to different consequences. It's one of the stupidest quotes of all time, and everyone says it as if it is so profound. Besides the fact that it is (most certainly erroneously) attributed to Einstein, why does anyone repeat this nonsense?
As Einstein always said: "VB, what's wrong with you." I was obviously just making fun of people for continually clicking here on 'accident'. I wasn't making a comment on the scientific method. Holy hell, dude.
As Einstein always said: "VB, what's wrong with you." I was obviously just making fun of people for continually clicking here on 'accident'. I wasn't making a comment on the scientific method. Holy hell, dude.
I know what you were doing, I just have an issue with that phrase. It's one of two things I am now dedicated to ranting about whenever I see it. (the other being "it's just semantics") I feel it is my duty.
I know what you were doing, I just have an issue with that phrase. It's one of two things I am now dedicated to ranting about whenever I see it. (the other being "it's just semantics") I feel it is my duty.
I'd like to hear this second rant. I've said something approaching, "Look, man, we're just arguing about semantics, here" in what I assumed was a proper, conversation-ending/steering context on a number of occasions.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
WHAT NOW, JOEY? WHAT NOW?p.s. I do not authorize the use of my image in any posts here, so prepare for a LAWSUIT.
I was thinking either an arm or a leg, but I guess not anymore.However, I think the law would protect me since the image was made available for public consumption by you by posting it in this forum. I shall consult my lawyer: SuitedAces21.
I was thinking either an arm or a leg, but I guess not anymore.However, I think the law would protect me since the image was made available for public consumption by you by posting it in this forum. I shall consult my lawyer: SuitedAces21.
Ow, my pride.
  • 3 weeks later...
Do you think this time people will listen?
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...