Fifa World Cup 2010 Thread

Thanks, Robert Green!USA outplayed England for the last 60 minutes of that game.
hmm I thought England played better pretty much the whole game but couldn't finish.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USA deserved a point and got one..you take them how they come, imo.Algeria/Slovenia is a sleeper. I thought they'd play hard the whole game because you have to think it's crucial to get 3 points since USA/England drew. Algeria has shown spurts of being dangerous but they have no central midfield and are just sending balls into the box. Algeria weak in the midfield + Slovenes weak on the wings = wins for USA and England.Will be interesting to see how the other games today turn out, because that group matches with the USA's and Englands. Serbia 2-1 Ghana. Germany always starts strong so I like them against a leaky Australia today, 3-0.

This ref is either terrible or doesn't like yanks.
For the record, I posted this before the ref stole the game from the US by not only ignoring a number of defensive fouls in the box, but by calling a phantom offsides...or a phantom foul...it's really kind of impossible to know what the hell that call was. How the hell was that goal disallowed? Crazy shit.

Comment of the World Cup so far, my girlfriend earlier on today,"Is the reason that America are doing so well, David Beckham going over there and teaching them how to play better?"

Argentina -158Mexico +580Draw +286There are no draws. Does this mean if it goes to penalty kicks, a draw wins?
90 minutes plus stoppage time only so if they go into extra time or penalty kicks then a draw wins.
  • 4 weeks later...

I miss watching the World Cup games. I wish there were more soccer games aired on TV. I am looking forward to watching the MLS All-Star game where the MLS All Stars play Manchester United. Although it's kind of sad that it takes the best of our whole country to play one good team from the English Premiere League.

I miss watching the World Cup games. I wish there were more soccer games aired on TV. I am looking forward to watching the MLS All-Star game where the MLS All Stars play Manchester United. Although it's kind of sad that it takes the best of our whole country to play one good team from the English Premiere League.
If you miss the World Cup you should really check out this thread.... http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=142954All the thrill and spills of the World Cup over 9 months!