No real reads, i thought he was trying to steal with any ace or other marginal hands. what should i have done?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB (t3575)Hero (BB) (t5545)UTG (t6835)UTG+1 (t10903)MP1 (t90)MP2 (t4440)CO (t6779)Button (t5596)Hero's M: 36.97Preflop: Hero is BB with 8heart.gif, 7heart.gif6 folds, SB bets t300, Hero calls t200Flop: (t600) Qdiamond.gif, 8club.gif, Qclub.gif(2 players)SB bets t400, Hero raises to t1400, SB raises to t3275 (All-In), Hero calls t1875Turn: (t7150) 9spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t7150) 4spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: t7150Results:SB had 9club.gif, Aheart.gif (two pair, Queens and nines).Hero had 8heart.gif, 7heart.gif (two pair, Queens and eights).Outcome: SB won t7150

bad beat but i dont love how you played it, call the flop lead, re-eval turn and see if he fires a second barrel and let your reads and the turn card judge if you ditch or not. i hate getting our hand in on this flop we are screwed a ton unless you know villain is terribad, even then this is thin/ almost spewy. but bad beat bc you got it in way ahead, which is shocking. for a hand like this i wouldnt show results because it is so amazing you are ahead here, stay oriented on how your play was, and that was super thin/ spewy.

If you truly believe he was stealing here, you should reraise preflop. He played the hand horrifically on the flop but I don't like putting in 30+BBs in with 2nd pair either.

If you truly believe he was stealing here, you should reraise preflop. He played the hand horrifically on the flop but I don't like putting in 30+BBs in with 2nd pair either.
agreed we effectively have a bluff catcher and that is it. no reads this is all around a bad play. period. preflop is fine, but if you can't not go insane with a hand like this then it will cost us over the long run
thanks guys. i figured i played it badly. i was confident i had the best hand though when he pushed, Im never doing this in any other situation
why? i mean if you have no reads then how could you "know". I mean im not trying to be an ass just pointed out inconsistencies in your thinking. it is very results oriented to think like that
why? i mean if you have no reads then how could you "know". I mean im not trying to be an ass just pointed out inconsistencies in your thinking. it is very results oriented to think like that
agreed. If by "knowing" you mean that he was in the small blind and typically you are going to get raised preflop there with just about any 2 cards then yes it is okay to believe he has a wide range, but we should be raising if we believe him to be weak and making a steal attempt. As played, I flat the flop, and see what he does on the turn. If he bets again, I'm flatting/folding. We want to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.