May 2010 4.40 Challenge

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think i've folded AK ever pre in a 4.40
ya i know that was what i was thinking lol.I guess i didn't want to risk it at 15/30 with a 3-bet all in and a caller.Maybe I probably should have pushed instead of called when it was raised to 210
yes sir.
unless you got a PM or AIM or something, it'd be kind of important to know why instead of blindly accepting this as correct.

Just shove or fold on your first option. Preferably shove. I would fold this spot in a 3k starting stack tournament but not a 1500 chips starting stack 180 man turbo or non turbo.As played .....toss a coin. I don't think it's a clear cut call even in a 4.40. You're in pretty bad shape if I read it right.edit - given the first flatter and original raiser got it in and not the 3 bettor...don't fold. If the original 3 better got it in there I'd hate my hand. You're probably against 88-QQ\AQ+ of the flatter and TT+ / AK/AQs of the original raiser. Given this is a 4.40 very early give a non zero chance of J4o showing up too.

unless you got a PM or AIM or something, it'd be kind of important to know why instead of blindly accepting this as correct.
no I definitely am not taking it blindly. I just give short responses to short answers lol. It is just nice to hear strategy from tourney regs. Although I don't play for a living, I've been playing regularly live and online for a long time so I'm not completely clueless.thanks for the responses
edit - given the first flatter and original raiser got it in and not the 3 bettor...don't fold. If the original 3 better got it in there I'd hate my hand. You're probably against 88-QQ\AQ+ of the flatter and TT+ / AK/AQs of the original raiser. Given this is a 4.40 very early give a non zero chance of J4o showing up too.
no I definitely am not taking it blindly. I just give short responses to short answers lol. It is just nice to hear strategy from tourney regs. Although I don't play for a living, I've been playing regularly live and online for a long time so I'm not completely clueless.thanks for the responses
cool thenHWY was the only one to give any meaningful strat. he's a good chap. tehtoe kept his reasoning to himself which is cool. I tried to poke him into giving a more in depth hand analysis.

chances of being against AA/KK are (obviously) not real likely, though there is a small chance of it. there is enough in the pot that it makes it worth getting it in here, and its AK and its a 4.40. folding isnt really terrible, but I dislike the flat, we miss the flop too often for it imo.that said, i really dont know what i'm talking about, but thats just my $0.02

I'm getting it in as opposed to flatting the first time around, but the fact of the matter is this IS a 4.40 and you're never gonna find ranges are tight enough to justify a fold here, especially w/ the random spazzy trash that gets it in here simply because it's a 4.40.Agree with folding in a reg MTT, but not a 4.40.

I don't think i've folded AK ever
FYP
cool thenHWY was the only one to give any meaningful strat. he's a good chap. tehtoe kept his reasoning to himself which is cool. I tried to poke him into giving a more in depth hand analysis.
Yeah seriously, **** tehtoe he's a little prick

sitting like 12/34, no stats on villainferal_cow_icon.gifMoooooooooooraaawwwr.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($4.00+$0.40) t125/t250 ante t25 - 9 playersUTG: t6,109 UTG+1: t3,435 MP: t14,595 MP2: t4,143 HJ: t11,207 CO: t3,465 Button: t9,588 (Hero)SB: t18,088 BB: t15,625 Preflop: (t600) Hero is Button with :ts:club: (9 players)2 folds, MP calls t250, 3 folds, Hero raises to t717, SB raises to t2250, 2 foldsQQ I just get it in with, wasn't sure with JJ...