Listening to Dennis Miller today and his take on the Brietbart thing was interesting.He said when he heard the original cut, he thought: Racist!Then when he heard the extended cut he thought: Not Racist.Then when he listened to the whole speech he thought: No..racist is right.I have not even listened to the first piece, and there is nothing in the world that will make me listen to 45 minutes of whatever just to determine that a person is or isn't a racist.Cause I don't care. I know I'm not a racist, and anyone that is is an idiot usually, so I know where I stand in the world, and I know somethings are just the way things are, and some things need to be changed by the parties involved and my worrying about either changes neither.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an insane fantasy. I have yet to see any connection between the two. Again, I think this says more about you than the birthers -- and I have no incentive to give the birthers the benefit of a doubt, because I think they are kooks.
Henry's gone bye-bye. Egon, what've you got?Attempting to demonize someone because of where they're from (in this case a black African country) is the DEFINITION OF RACISM. Do you not agree that it shows hate, intolerance and bigotry? As Cane mentioned, McCain was born in Panama. Were these people making a huge deal about that as well? DOUBT ITFUCKING RACIST RED NECK PIECES OF SHITIFEELLIKEI'MTAKINGCRAZYPILLS
Henry's gone bye-bye. Egon, what've you got?Attempting to demonize someone because of where they're from (in this case a black African country) is the DEFINITION OF RACISM. Do you not agree that it shows hate, intolerance and bigotry? As Cane mentioned, McCain was born in Panama. Were these people making a huge deal about that as well? DOUBT IT
I saw lots of bumper stickers that said "Somewhere in Texas a village is missing an idiot". So making fun of where people are from is some form of racism? So you admit the left is racist? It's about time.EDIT: And to anticipate your response, "Kenyan" is not a race, either, it's a nationality.
I saw lots of bumper stickers that said "Somewhere in Texas a village is missing an idiot". So making fun of where people are from is some form of racism? So you admit the left is racist? It's about time.EDIT: And to anticipate your response, "Kenyan" is not a race, either, it's a nationality.
You have a blind spot the size of the grand canyon for the Tea Party. Noted. Time to move on.
So you've never heard of the birthers? LOL. I think they are idiots, but there are a lot of them, and their central belief is that Obama is from Kenya. It is the focus of their life. So no, I don't find even a hint of racism in it.The witch doctor thing is stupid, but the point is "your plan would make give us third world medical care". Could the person who made the sign have been racist? I suppose, but jumping to that conclusion says more about your own view of people you disagree with than the person who made the sign.
H you are way off on this one. Both of those statements are rooted in racism for sure.
You have a blind spot the size of the grand canyon for the Tea Party. Noted. Time to move on.
If you'd like to discuss which side has the most racists, we can start with asking which party elected a KKK member for more years than any other member of congress. Then we can talk about Biden and "articulate African-Americans", and Reid and "light skinned" blacks who lack negro dialect.Or, you can pretend that birthers are relevant to the goals of the tea party and that their claims are racist and reflect on the tea party.Then we can talk about blind spots, too.
If you'd like to discuss which side has the most racists, we can start with asking which party elected a KKK member for more years than any other member of congress. Then we can talk about Biden and "articulate African-Americans", and Reid and "light skinned" blacks who lack negro dialect.Or, you can pretend that birthers are relevant to the goals of the tea party and that their claims are racist and reflect on the tea party.Then we can talk about blind spots, too.
Don't forget Clinton who told Ted Kennedy that "Just a few years ago, this guy would be getting us coffee" when talking about Obama
H you are way off on this one. Both of those statements are rooted in racism for sure.
The witch doctor one I will not defend -- the guy who made it was probably racist, although it's a borderline call (there is an innocent explanation, but it's weak). I just don't see the birther thing being racist, especially in light of my post above this one and the way the left dismisses flagrantly, blatant statements by top officials as "not racist" on the basis of.... well what? That Democrats can't be racist?I think anyone who is going to insist that birthers are racist must first acknowledge the much more blatant racism of Biden and Reid and Byrd -- three party leaders, as opposed to some lonely guy out of tens of thousands at one rally somewhere.
EDIT: And to anticipate your response, "Kenyan" is not a race, either, it's a nationality.
99% OF KENYANS ARE BLACK MMMMMMKAYYYYyou simply lose here, and the mccain example is all that is necessary to 1000% confirm this to be true.
99% OF KENYANS ARE BLACK MMMMMMKAYYYYyou simply lose here, and the mccain example is all that is necessary to 1000% confirm this to be true.
Pretty sure they want to be called African Americans
Pretty sure they want to be called African Americans
we're saying 'black' now, sir.but also, dude, we're...uh...we're talking about non-americans here. african africans!
we're saying 'black' now, sir.but also, dude, we're...uh...we're talking about non-americans here. african africans!
So it's cool if I say black again?Cause the whole calling them 'Africans'-American always made me feel racist.
So if they said to go back to Maine, it would be racist, because 99% of Maine residents are white? Yeah, didn't think so.I don't see how the McCain example proves anything -- he verified his citizenship, Obama refuses to. A McCain-birther movement would get no traction because he's open and forthcoming with information.(Note: I do not support the birthers or believe them, but there is a difference.)There is a much larger issue, too -- and it goes back to the fundamental traits of our political system. This country was designed to have a small government, with a very specific goal in mind -- that those who are political outcasts have the right to stay and spout stupid opinions all day long. Therefore, people who tend to be political outcasts will believe in the fundamental goals of this country more strongly than those who have life handed to them on a platter. So yeah, loonies like birthers will tend to find homes in small government movements.Loonies like Lyndon LaRouche or Paul Krugmann, who tend to be autocratic sheltered know-it-alls, tend to end up in big government movements, such as the Democrats. So yeah, each side has loonies who tend to identify with that side. Only the left seems to want to constantly define their opponents by the outliers rather than their stated goals.
You are just not getting it. I never said my side (just calling it my side is so lol but that's besides the point) did not have racists. I already admitted that there is a cultural shift going on right now that allows black people to get away with things white people cannot. I already said that just because a small fraction of tea party goers are racist does not mean the tea party itself is racist.What I am saying is you are ignoring obvious examples or racism for reasons I cannot comprehend. Everything else is your own anger at perceived flaws in the MSM. This is not a contest. This is you only able to see racism coming from one side all of a sudden. So, I can talk about blind spots because I have my eyes wide open that the left has racists. Someday I hope you will find the clarity to see that the birther movement is clearly racist; I have no problem admitting that a KKK member being a Senator for decades is a disgrace.
Loonies like Lyndon LaRouche or Paul Krugmann, who tend to be autocratic sheltered know-it-alls, tend to end up in big government movements, such as the Democrats. So yeah, each side has loonies who tend to identify with that side. Only the left seems to want to constantly define their opponents by the outliers rather than their stated goals.
If Paul Krugman is one of our "loonies," then I'm probably on the right side.
You are just not getting it. I never said my side (just calling it my side is so lol but that's besides the point) did not have racists. I already admitted that there is a cultural shift going on right now that allows black people to get away with things white people cannot. I already said that just because a small fraction of tea party goers are racist does not mean the tea party itself is racist.What I am saying is you are ignoring obvious examples or racism for reasons I cannot comprehend. Everything else is your own anger at perceived flaws in the MSM. This is not a contest. This is you only able to see racism coming from one side all of a sudden. So, I can talk about blind spots because I have my eyes wide open that the left has racists. Someday I hope you will find the clarity to see that the birther movement is clearly racist; I have no problem admitting that a KKK member being a Senator for decades is a disgrace.
OK, fair enough. I do have to say, before this discussion, it never occurred to me that birthers were racist, and I was unaware that people considered them so (as if we needed extra reasons to shun them?). Even now I think it's an incredible stretch, but at least now I know where some of the really odd claims of racsim are coming from.
OK, fair enough. I do have to say, before this discussion, it never occurred to me that birthers were racist, and I was unaware that people considered them so (as if we needed extra reasons to shun them?). Even now I think it's an incredible stretch, but at least now I know where some of the really odd claims of racsim are coming from.
White presidential candidate, admittedly born in Panama, no one raised an eyebrow.Black presidential candidate, funny name, produced a copy of his birth certificate, produced a birth announcement from a Hawaiian newspaper, STILL dogged by this crap.How can you not even imagine for a second this might be rooted in racism?I do not for a second believe the birthers reflect on the Tea Party in general in any way shape or form......but I do believe the whole birther "movement" is deeply, deeply rooted in racism. otherwise, I can't really explain it.

I think one can question the birth location of Barak Obama without being racist. But since when does a question about where he was born compel him to "go back" to Kenya? Telling someone to go back to their country of origin is almost always racist, and at the very least xenophobic. Can you imagine "Go back to Mexico" being uttered without a hint of racism?

I think one can question the birth location of Barak Obama without being racist. But since when does a question about where he was born compel him to "go back" to Kenya? Telling someone to go back to their country of origin is almost always racist, and at the very least xenophobic. Can you imagine "Go back to Mexico" being uttered without a hint of racism?
"I might go back to Mexico for vacation."Not one hint of racism.Man are you EVER right?
Asking it once is obviously not racist. The fact that it STILL COMES UP is what makes it racist.
Telling someone to go back to their country of origin is almost always racist, and at the very least xenophobic.
Not to mention the fact that he's not from Kenya.
Not to mention the fact that he's not from Kenya.
Details!Henry, Obama has verified his citizenship. He produced a copy of his birth certificate. That's what I had to do for the Florida Bar to verify my citizenship. What more must he do?
Details!Henry, Obama has verified his citizenship. He produced a copy of his birth certificate. That's what I had to do for the Florida Bar to verify my citizenship. What more must he do?
Quit destroying the future of this country?