Yeah. My mind is blown. You know me so well.You have managed to completely contradict yourself in less than five minutes.But my mind is blownYeah.
So you think those two quotes of mine are contradictory? Or are you just feeling the need to attack me because I've embarrassed you so badly in this thread? If the former, please explain how they are contradictory.(Hint: the second one was sarcasm, in case you didn't notice, and about a different subject than the first.)
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think those two quotes of mine are contradictory? Or are you just feeling the need to attack me because I've embarrassed you so badly in this thread? If the former, please explain how they are contradictory.(Hint: the second one was sarcasm, in case you didn't notice, and about a different subject than the first.)
My hypocrisy detector continues to overload.
Yeah, I didn't think you had an answer.
To what? Yet another personal emotional non-factual attack from you accusing me of the of doing the same? Seriously, the only one you've "embarrassed" in this thread has been yourself. People who previously have respected you (including myself) have used words like "insane" to question your posts in this thread. Hypocrisy thy name is "hblask"
To what? Yet another personal emotional non-factual attack from you accusing me of the of doing the same? Seriously, the only one you've "embarrassed" in this thread has been yourself. People who previously have respected you (including myself) have used words like "insane" to question your posts in this thread. Hypocrisy thy name is "hblask"
No, the question was quite clear. Please explain how the fact that police already harass minorities for no reason is contradictory to the fact that immigrants provide economic benefits. You posted those two things next to each other and implied they are contradictory. I'm just asking for an explanation.
No, the question was quite clear. Please explain how the fact that police already harass minorities for no reason is contradictory to the fact that immigrants provide economic benefits. You posted those two things next to each other and implied they are contradictory. I'm just asking for an explanation.
LOL.Seriously?Read what I posted.Here, I'll make it easy for you:
Are you suggesting that cops do not routinely fabricate excuses to stop minorities? If you really believe that, you need to talk to some minority 20-somethings.
Shhhhhh.... we can't be hating on immigrants if facts get in the way. Economic benefits, drop in crime rates.... screw that. They're evil and we know it and they deserve to be pulled over and detained for no reason.
I love how you try to go from emotional demagoguery to trying to claim "facts" in a span of less than 2 minutes. Alanis Morissette or whomever might have written a song about hypocrisy would be proud.I know Al Sharpton would approve.
I'm starting to really believe you don't know what I mean when I point out your demagoguery or the difference between a statement of Fact and Rhetoric meant to rely upon and induce Emotion. Your hypocrisy was in switching from an emotion based statement to Mr Objective demanding Facts in the span of a couple minutes. You've been doing that in this entire thread: "My Brown Skinned Children are going to be Pulled over by Racist Hick Cops every time they leave the house to help the elderly" then "Give me FACTS" Seriously dude, you've relied on statements from one of the biggest demagogues in this Country Geoffrey Freaking Fieger to try and make your points. I always liked his brother Doug much better.
Shhhhhh.... we can't be hating on immigrants if facts get in the way. Economic benefits, drop in crime rates.... screw that. They're evil and we know it and they deserve to be pulled over and detained for no reason.
I read that article, horrible math. Crime rates are calculated by amount of crime vs. amount of people to a certain area. It stands to reason that overall the crime rate would go down, that being said the article doesn't address the actual issue, which is that crime committed by latinos/mexican/lighter shade of brown people is up.
Of course not. What percentage of time do you think deserves outrage? 90%? 75%? 50%? That's a serious question. What percentage of time do you think it is appropriate for innocent people to be stopped purely on the basis of skin color? Because for some of the programmers I work with, it's a couple times per month, just driving home and never being charged.
I think that it demands outrage 100% of the time if it is indeed a racist cop that is using a power trip in order to further his own agenda. That being said, I would start to ask certain questions (without your predetermined rules that all cops that pull over a minority are racist) about why the stop was made. Is there a taillight out? Was the person speeding? Stickers on the car? What was the reason the cop gave for the stop? Is it a valid reason? How many times has the cop pulled over someone else for the same reason? Out of those numbers what are the races that he pulled over?You see there may be more reasons than "O MY GOD cops are RACIST they pulled over a minority!!!" If there was some empirical data that you could cite then it would be one thing ... but just saying programmers are pulled over more than I am is not a good defense. In fact it may be a small sample and not true over the long run.
Okay, here's something that I am having trouble with.I'm not sure whether immigration increases or decreases violence etc. I understand and generally agree with your positions, although I think you are a little over the top since this issue hits so close to home. With that being said, what do you have to say about stories and policies like this?from the article:In March, I wrote a column detailing a number of credible accusations made against the New York City Police Department (NYPD) for instituting a quota system for arrests and for stop-and-frisk searches. At the same time, additional allegations charged higher-ups in the department with actively discouraging crime victims from reporting crimes—as well as downgrading felonies to misdemeanors—in order to make the city's crime statistics look better. and Schoolcraft, for example, recorded a fellow officer lamenting that he'd been instructed to downgrade a car theft to "unauthorized use of a vehicle," as well as to find a way around reporting the thefts of a cell phone and video game system. In another recording, Schoolcraft captured the results as he voiced his concerns about crime stats manipulation to a unit within the department that audits such data. One officer with the unit acknowledged the political pressure to juke the stats. "The mayor's looking for it, the police commissioner's looking for it...every commanding officer wants to show it," he said. "So there's motivation not to classify reports for the seven major crimes."So, which is it? Does immigration actually lead to a decrease in crime, or is this non-increase in crime while immigration rates increase due to cops/police departments simply not reporting the 'seven major crimes'? I'm not singling you out for a response, I'm just curious what people think.I have no opinion, it just seems that we can't really have it both ways. Thoughts?
I read that article, horrible math. Crime rates are calculated by amount of crime vs. amount of people to a certain area. It stands to reason that overall the crime rate would go down, that being said the article doesn't address the actual issue, which is that crime committed by latinos/mexican/lighter shade of brown people is up.
Would you care to cite a source?
Would you care to cite a source?
Not to mention the wild misunderstanding of how per capita works (lol at him accusing others of horrible math). It does not stand to reason that if more people move to an area that the overall crime rate would go down. That only works if the new people are, on average, less criminal than the old population. Just a lot of gibberish in this thread.
Not to mention the wild misunderstanding of how per capita works (lol at him accusing others of horrible math). It does not stand to reason that if more people move to an area that the overall crime rate would go down. That only works if the new people are, on average, less criminal than the old population. Just a lot of gibberish in this thread.
Well I think it's all those damn lawyers.

You got to wonder about those stupid illegals though.I mean our cops are racist pigs who harass them non-stop. Our border states are racist police states passing laws to harm people without any remorse, and yet those idiots spend their life savings to come here.I mean they should be heading to Canada, or maybe south into Brazil.Why would anyone want to come to the United States of Racism?

LOL.Seriously?I love how you try to go from emotional demagoguery to trying to claim "facts" in a span of less than 2 minutes. Alanis Morissette or whomever might have written a song about hypocrisy would be proud.I know Al Sharpton would approve.I'm starting to really believe you don't know what I mean when I point out your demagoguery or the difference between a statement of Fact and Rhetoric meant to rely upon and induce Emotion. Your hypocrisy was in switching from an emotion based statement to Mr Objective demanding Facts in the span of a couple minutes. You've been doing that in this entire thread: "My Brown Skinned Children are going to be Pulled over by Racist Hick Cops every time they leave the house to help the elderly" then "Give me FACTS" Seriously dude, you've relied on statements from one of the biggest demagogues in this Country Geoffrey Freaking Fieger to try and make your points. I always liked his brother Doug much better.
Yes, I've switched between moral arguments and factual arguments. That is because moral arguments cover a different aspect of the problem than factual arguments. They are not contradictions; they are separate descriptions. You seem to be saying that if I say that cats are more aloof than dogs, and also that cats have whiskers, then I'm being hypocritical. Really I'm just describing the same thing from a different point of view.Please explain why describing the same thing in two different ways is hypocritical. The cat example would be a good starting point, because it's an exact paralell -- a emotional, opinion description vs a factual, objective description.Or, you can just keep insulting me. Come on, let's see your true colors.
You got to wonder about those stupid illegals though.I mean our cops are racist pigs who harass them non-stop. Our border states are racist police states passing laws to harm people without any remorse, and yet those idiots spend their life savings to come here.I mean they should be heading to Canada, or maybe south into Brazil.Why would anyone want to come to the United States of Racism?
It's because while both political parties say they care about immigration they both turn a blind eye to the businesses that offer the jobs that these people are willing to risk racism for.If you owned a house and your kids kept leaving cheese everywhere and you had a resultant mice problem, would you go after the mice or ask your kids to stop ****ing leaving cheese everywhere. The Democrats idea is to do nothing and the GOP idea is to hit the mice with a broom.
If there are more immigrants, the crime rate would only go down if immigrants committed crimes at a lower rate than non-immigrants.
If there are more immigrants, the crime rate would only go down if immigrants committed crimes at a lower rate than non-immigrants.
Hey, we covered this.
I think that it demands outrage 100% of the time if it is indeed a racist cop that is using a power trip in order to further his own agenda. That being said, I would start to ask certain questions (without your predetermined rules that all cops that pull over a minority are racist) about why the stop was made. Is there a taillight out? Was the person speeding? Stickers on the car? What was the reason the cop gave for the stop? Is it a valid reason? How many times has the cop pulled over someone else for the same reason? Out of those numbers what are the races that he pulled over?You see there may be more reasons than "O MY GOD cops are RACIST they pulled over a minority!!!" If there was some empirical data that you could cite then it would be one thing ... but just saying programmers are pulled over more than I am is not a good defense. In fact it may be a small sample and not true over the long run.
That's right, those are the exact questions to ask. It is clear that minorities, under identical circumstances, are pulled over more than non-minorities. When I lived in NJ (is that an oxymoron?) they actually did studies and it was flagrant, not even close. Minorities were pulled over more often than would be expected, and were charged less frequently than whites. Based on years of observation, the same thing is happening here. I watch who has been pulled over, and minorities are way over-represented. Is my several years of observation scientific? Of course not, but based it compares to the results in NJ, and the anecdotal evidence of people I know also reinforces it.
Okay, here's something that I am having trouble with.I'm not sure whether immigration increases or decreases violence etc. I understand and generally agree with your positions, although I think you are a little over the top since this issue hits so close to home. With that being said, what do you have to say about stories and policies like this?from the article:In March, I wrote a column detailing a number of credible accusations made against the New York City Police Department (NYPD) for instituting a quota system for arrests and for stop-and-frisk searches. At the same time, additional allegations charged higher-ups in the department with actively discouraging crime victims from reporting crimes—as well as downgrading felonies to misdemeanors—in order to make the city's crime statistics look better. and Schoolcraft, for example, recorded a fellow officer lamenting that he'd been instructed to downgrade a car theft to "unauthorized use of a vehicle," as well as to find a way around reporting the thefts of a cell phone and video game system. In another recording, Schoolcraft captured the results as he voiced his concerns about crime stats manipulation to a unit within the department that audits such data. One officer with the unit acknowledged the political pressure to juke the stats. "The mayor's looking for it, the police commissioner's looking for it...every commanding officer wants to show it," he said. "So there's motivation not to classify reports for the seven major crimes."So, which is it? Does immigration actually lead to a decrease in crime, or is this non-increase in crime while immigration rates increase due to cops/police departments simply not reporting the 'seven major crimes'? I'm not singling you out for a response, I'm just curious what people think.I have no opinion, it just seems that we can't really have it both ways. Thoughts?
Well, a good study would try to control for that. I'm not sure if this one did, or how you would do that. Certainly there is little evidence that AZ has been going light on minorities over the last several years. I know it is a problem in many areas, this downgrading of crimes and pressuring people to not report stuff. So my answer is, who knows? We sort of have to take these things at face value unless we hear otherwise, and keep in mind that this could be a problem.
Hey, we covered this.
I saw that, I answer stuff in order without reading ahead. Bad habit, I know.
Not true, when you factor in the fact that the immigrants overwhelmingly have much larger families than the non-immigrants. 1.8 kids vs. 6, it's not even close. Those ****ers come over here and immediately start pumping out kids, it's like all those years I spent trying to impress women I should have been hanging out on street corners sitting on a childs bike waiting for the next lawn job.
Not true, when you factor in the fact that the immigrants overwhelmingly have much larger families than the non-immigrants. 1.8 kids vs. 6, it's not even close. Those ****ers come over here and immediately start pumping out kids, it's like all those years I spent trying to impress women I should have been hanging out on street corners sitting on a childs bike waiting for the next lawn job.
Winner.
More proof that support for the AZ law has nothing to do with racism.
More proof that support for the AZ law has nothing to do with racism.
Drive around Phoenix Home Depots, El Mirage, Mesa, Chandler, dude, it's everywhere, and good luck finding a white guy in the bunch. I don't see it as racist at all when it's plain as daylight that group x is doing x. That's just taking in facts and saying them out loud.