All I know is that if the good reverend is here it's proof that the State is on the right track.
It is a pretty good litmus test.I sat next to him on a plane once and managed not to incite any violent outbursts - but I was tempted.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How am I gonna get ridda all dis crack?Copernicus was socially middle of the road....I doubt he is ninjafoo.
I sometimes wonder what makes a guy with 10,000+ Posts suddenly leave the Forum. Interesting that he quit posting in the Politics Forum within a month of the time that Nimue quit too. Coincidence?
I sometimes wonder what makes a guy with 10,000+ Posts suddenly leave the Forum. Interesting that he quit posting in the Politics Forum within a month of the time that Nimue quit too. Coincidence?
He was also supposed to play a large part in the annual FCP golf outing and poker tournament last year, had helped line up some cool prizes, etc.Then....POOF! He disappeared like one week before the outing. Weird. His last posts were all Hockey forum posts.
Are you suggesting they ran off together to have an illicit affair?
LOL at the Phoenix Suns77af_1.JPG
Yeah, that...that just doesn't make any sense.But the Suns owner is against this bill or law or whatever it is we've been talking about this whole time and he says this is his way of speaking out against it.

lol Suns. It could be that they were going to do this all along for Cinco de Mayo, but now many on the team are jumping on the hysteria bandwagon.And shouldn't it be "Los Sols" ? Nice Spanglish there Suns.I hate when sports and politics mix. Really awful/risky PR move imo. But I kinda get it...ya know, since there are so many Mexicans on the team and all.

Interesting viewpoint.BG?Conservatives Should Support Amnesty for Illegal ImmigrantsThink of it this way: as classical liberals, we understand that a bureaucrat in Washington could not possibly have enough information to correctly regulate the price or quantity of a good or service. This applies to labor markets, and immigration is essentially a function thereof. There's no way Washington or the state of Arizona can know how much immigration we really need.Only the free and voluntary interaction of people and enterprises in an unfettered market will result in the "right" amount of immigration to our country (that is to say- the amount which will result in maximum productivity and value for all parties involved). I actually believe however, that we are seeing more immigration than a free market would produce because of other policies that create market distortions.So to completely leave the matter up to the marketplace, we need to grant amnesty, end quotas and limits on immigration, and end the nightmarish bureaucratic processes for getting into the country. But we also need to stop allowing non-citizens to take advantage of Federal and state entitlements (frankly we need to stop citizens from doing so too), and we need to stop fixing the price of labor so artificially high, which encourages businesses to hire market-priced labor on the black market (i.e. "illegal" immigrants who are willing to violate the government-enforced cartel on labor)- e.g. end minimum wage and legally-required employment benefits.[continued at link]

But I kinda get it...ya know, since there are so many Mexicans on the team and all.
What does that have to do with anything?
In Canada nothing.Our police never stop people randomly and ask for ID. In order for the police to ask for ID they have to have a valid reason and because they're curious to know who you are isn't a valid reason.Of course here in Toronto it's already 2050 and there are more non-White people in this city than there are White people so maybe I need to make sure I keep my ID on me at all times.
In Canada you do not have a problem on your border, you do not have violent drug trafficking, you do not have 12-20 million illegals not paying taxes but using all your public services bankrupting your nation and you do not have a federal govt ignoring the problem because the liberals want the minority vote to make the USA a nanny state. Run on sentence I know. No comparison.Also READ THE BILL! A police officer can't just stop some guy on the street because he is eating a taco. The liberals are lying about this "anyone can be stopped for any reason" bullshit. Oh and also the law pretty much mirrors a FEDERAL LAW already in place but it is not enforced!The Mexican govt is outraged with this law. I do not have the link but do some research and find out how the Mexican govt deals with illegals in their country. It is appalling.Stand up for your country people or you will not have one left. Or at least one you recognize. Political correctness is destroying this nation. Just because you want your nation's sovereignty and laws respected does not make you a racist!
In Canada you do not have a problem on your border, you do not have violent drug trafficking, you do not have 12-20 million illegals not paying taxes but using all your public services bankrupting your nation and you do not have a federal govt ignoring the problem because the liberals want the minority vote to make the USA a nanny state. Run on sentence I know. No comparison.Also READ THE BILL! A police officer can't just stop some guy on the street because he is eating a taco. The liberals are lying about this "anyone can be stopped for any reason" bullshit. Oh and also the law pretty much mirrors a FEDERAL LAW already in place but it is not enforced!The Mexican govt is is outraged with this law. I do not have the link but do some research and find out how the Mexican govt deals with illegals in their country. It is appalling.Stand up for your country people or you will not have one left. Or at least one you recognize. Political correctness is destroying this nation. Just because you want your nation's sovereignty and laws respected does not make you a racist!
You are doing it wrong.
exactly
Um, I guess I need to rephrase because I still don't know what you're getting at.Why do you think not having Mexican players on the team is relevant here?
Um, I guess I need to rephrase because I still don't know what you're getting at.Why do you think not having Mexican players on the team is relevant here?
More that it would make more sense to me if they decided to "choose a side" on this local issue because a large makeup of the team was Mexican. I think the only foreigners on the team are from Europe and Canada, etc. ? That and the fact that most of these guys have no fuking clue about the actual real or imagined plight of an illegal. It's bandwagoning.They obviously are entitled to their opinion but the risk of backlash is very great because many here obviously support the efforts of this bill to reogn in a horrible out of control situation in Arizona. Clearly the Sol's are just being opportunistic and trying to make a buck on the back of a very controversial/volatile issue.Ridiculous imo.

Sports teams are the exact opposite of the liberal models of affirmative action and fairness. Not one ounce of a team's player roster cares about anything but your ability to play the game. If that means the team becomes 100% Irish black catholic pygmies, then that is what happens. They will never submit to the notion of carrying a 'mixed' roster based on the ethnicity of the home city's ethnic breakdown.So for a team to make political statements about the injustices of immigration laws is a bit on the hypocritical side. Seeing as how they are the epitome of the republican ideal of rewarding effort regardless of race.Plus the Los Suns name sucks, I mean come on! Los Suns....?That sucks

He was also supposed to play a large part in the annual FCP golf outing and poker tournament last year, had helped line up some cool prizes, etc.Then....POOF! He disappeared like one week before the outing. Weird. His last posts were all Hockey forum posts.
I had some contact with him after that in order to collect on my Obama bet. Story was that he was very ill. The infection that prevented him from coming to vegas seemed to never go away and he was in the hospital for a long time. Of course, now that I type this out, the story sounds very familiar, doesn't it?
More that it would make more sense to me if they decided to "choose a side" on this local issue because a large makeup of the team was Mexican. I think the only foreigners on the team are from Europe and Canada, etc. ? That and the fact that most of these guys have no fuking clue about the actual real or imagined plight of an illegal. It's bandwagoning.
I am flabbergasted at this post. Flabber. Gasted.Just go ahead and read what you wrote. I'll wait.
They obviously are entitled to their opinion but the risk of backlash is very great because many here obviously support the efforts of this bill to reogn in a horrible out of control situation in Arizona. Clearly the Sol's are just being opportunistic and trying to make a buck on the back of a very controversial/volatile issue.
Are you offended that the owner has an opinion? Are you offended that he is risking backlash? Do you really think the owner doesn't actually care about the bill and only cares about how he can make money off of it?
Sports teams are the exact opposite of the liberal models of affirmative action and fairness. Not one ounce of a team's player roster cares about anything but your ability to play the game. If that means the team becomes 100% Irish black catholic pygmies, then that is what happens. They will never submit to the notion of carrying a 'mixed' roster based on the ethnicity of the home city's ethnic breakdown.So for a team to make political statements about the injustices of immigration laws is a bit on the hypocritical side. Seeing as how they are the epitome of the republican ideal of rewarding effort regardless of race.
Are you guys playing a practical joke on me?
Are you guys playing a practical joke on me?
This whole website is a practical joke that the world is playing on you, ala The Game or The Truman Show.Now you know.
Wow, so many false stereotypes packed into so few words....Immigrants don't lower the standard of living, they raise it, by creating products that Americans want.The only "education nightmare" that is created is because they are not allowed to join the system and pay their share of school taxes.Immigrants have *lower* rates of welfare usage than native born citizens.It doesn't bother me that there are people in this country who speak Spanish. I still don't see why this is a problem for anyone.I think that keeping people who want to work and contribute out of the system is a problem, yes. I think that letting them add to our standard of living is a Very Good Thing. It's not really altruistic to be glad that people are creating inexpensive products that I can enjoy, all the while creating more jobs and a higher standard of living.Does that bother you? Would you prefer we were more like Mexico?
So with 10% unemployment you don't see a supply/demand problem with flooding the country with 20 million new people? You also support the government making harmful substances available to the public like trans fat as long as people want it.
Sports teams are the exact opposite of the liberal models of affirmative action and fairness. Not one ounce of a team's player roster cares about anything but your ability to play the game. If that means the team becomes 100% Irish black catholic pygmies, then that is what happens. They will never submit to the notion of carrying a 'mixed' roster based on the ethnicity of the home city's ethnic breakdown.So for a team to make political statements about the injustices of immigration laws is a bit on the hypocritical side. Seeing as how they are the epitome of the republican ideal of rewarding effort regardless of race.Plus the Los Suns name sucks, I mean come on! Los Suns....?That sucks
Or sports have achieved a level where talent is the only thing that matters because liberals and minorities helped break the color barriers that white Republican men enacted for the supposed good of the game. The Republican Ideal.....if you take them to court enough times, they will agree begrudgingly after many years to reward effort regardless of race. That's not quite as snappy as yours but a bit more accurate.Also, on an informational note, the Heat and other teams have done this throughout the year. It's not like it is all that new. Miami played quite a few games over the last couple years as "El Heat" or "Los Heat" to try and reach the Hispanic community (reach = get them to buy tickets).
Or sports have achieved a level where talent is the only thing that matters because liberals and minorities helped break the color barriers that white Republican men enacted for the supposed good of the game. The Republican Ideal.....if you take them to court enough times, they will agree begrudgingly after many years to reward effort regardless of race.
Yeah. Those Rich Old White Guys Republican men... who could forget all of those Lawsuits and drawn out court battles forcing Branch Rickey to sign and Play Jackie Robinson. Nothing but Rich Old White Guys Republican men hurling racial slurs and threats at #42Of course the Democratic Party has always been known to be integrated from the start and never had any racist old white men running it.