• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it removes a citizen's right: the right to not carry a wallet. I thought conservatives were against removing rights for little gain. If everyone needs to carry an id, and I go out for a walk and don't bring my wallet, should I be liable for arrest?

If you go out without ID you will not be inspected.

If you are arrested for a crime, then the police do have a right to know who you are. And you're word is not good enough.

The sheer numbers involved means people will not be arrested for no ID, but when they are arrested for breaking a law, the police should be able to ask for ID.

Surprise, surprise, voter fraud is virtually non-existenet:

http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-look-voter-fraud-little-172327169--election.html

Despite Republican state legislatures abusing their power and questioning the voting rights of mostly Democrats and Independents, they are finding ineligible voters at a rate of "it's more likely that you'll be struck by lightning."

Surprise, surprise, voter fraud is virtually non-existenet:

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

Despite Republican state legislatures abusing their power and questioning the voting rights of mostly Democrats and Independents, they are finding ineligible voters at a rate of "it's more likely that you'll be struck by lightning."

sINCE ineligible voters prolly dont announce it, how would they know.

Last year, Gessler estimated that 11,805 noncitizens were on the rolls.

But the number kept getting smaller.

After his office sent letters to 3,903 registered voters questioning their status, the number of noncitizens now stands at 141, based on checks using a federal immigration database. Of those 141, Gessler said 35 have voted in the past. The 141 are .004 percent of the state's nearly 3.5 million voters.

So he sent letters to <4,000 people and from that determined that only 141 'illegals' out of 3.5 million people are voting???

I think there is something wrong with his method...

But I guess this is what you do when you are planning on committing massive voter fraud this election, you snap your fingers and say: "Look over here".

8 of the hijackers of 9-11 were registered to vote.

Gessler is a Republican who is a true believer in rooting out voter fraud and he only found 141 illegals out of 3.5 million voters

Similar stories in the other states - but it's a good way to fire up the base so we'll keep spending lots of $ to find all these illegal voters.

Gessler is a Republican who is a true believer in rooting out voter fraud and he only found 141 illegals out of 3.5 million voters

Similar stories in the other states - but it's a good way to fire up the base so we'll keep spending lots of $ to find all these illegal voters.

I guess Republicans just suck at investigating things.

Ahh the irony:

After his office sent letters to 3,903 registered voters questioning their status, the number of noncitizens now stands at 141, based on checks using a federal immigration database.

141 out of 3,903....not 3.5 million.

Its just so good, the taste of ironic ignorance of the left.

Not only was the story brought to us by the lefty, but I highlighted that specific text, and you guys still don't get what it means....while you pretend that my side is the one missing out.

Have fun at the special olympics this year....I think you guys have a really good chance at a participation ribbon this year.

Actually we get that the 3,903 met some test where their voting status was suspect and out of that #, only 141 were found ineligible.

If any of the rest of the voters were suspect, they would have gotten a letter also asking for more information.

Yup - if they thought there were more, why wouldn't they expand their effort to verify voting eligibility?

Voter fraud is not just done by inelible voters. For example each voting station could have a list of 10000 eligible voters. IF 6000 Dont show up, then votes can be cast in there name by a group of fraudsters if they have an insider on their side.

Voter fraud is not just done by inelible voters. For example each voting station could have a list of 10000 eligible voters. IF 6000 Dont show up, then votes can be cast in there name by a group of fraudsters if they have an insider on their side.

And do you have any proof of this happening beyond the voices in your head?

And do you have any proof of this happening beyond the voices in your head?

LOL, yea, the whole notion of voter fraud is make believe.

Mayor Daley was framed....

Any evidence against anyone who has been in office in the last 10 years?

Here's some really shitty stuff the GOP did in the 1980s, which means they still do it!

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/09/the-long-and-disreputable-history-of-repressing-the-black-vote/262744/