how do you guys normally deal with the flop donk bet, when you flop a marginal hand..for exampleHero is in cutoff with 10/8 suited clubs. Everyone folds to him, who raises to $20BB is the only caller. BB had defended his blinds more than average. we got involved in a hand heads up earlier, where he raised my turn bet after i barrelled twice (i was the pflop raiser) - he limped, i raised, everyone else folded. flop came, i bet, he called. turn came, i bet, he raised, i folded. - he might've done this with air/semi bluff, so maybe he felt confident against me.....other than that, no other observations/reads.bb stack - $450hero - coversflop - $422 6 8 rainbow, (1 club)BB bets $40hero calls $40turn - $1224 (no flush draw, complete rainbow on board now)BB bets $70the 4 helped 5/7, but that's it. If BB had 6 -4, then he made two pair...or 2-4....but i can't really put him on these hands, even for a better than average % bb defender. does anyone think calling here is ok? or should we fold?does anyone think we should call and re-eval river?

how do you guys normally deal with the flop donk bet, when you flop a marginal hand..for exampleHero is in cutoff with 10/8 suited clubs. Everyone folds to him, who raises to $20BB is the only caller. BB had defended his blinds more than average. we got involved in a hand heads up earlier, where he raised my turn bet after i barrelled twice (i was the pflop raiser) - he limped, i raised, everyone else folded. flop came, i bet, he called. turn came, i bet, he raised, i folded. - he might've done this with air/semi bluff, so maybe he felt confident against me.....other than that, no other observations/reads.flop - $422 6 8 rainbow, (1 club)BB bets $40hero?
value call

depends on the stacks. thats a tough spot though because he has to figure you'll cbet. your either close to even or way behind and hes trying to get money in the pot quick. im almost thinking fold due to his pot sized bet. what do we do on turn unimproved and he fires another big barrel? but if your short stacked ship it.

value call
Standard call, re-eval turn
i agree, standard call...value call, etc. but, with such a dry flop, no draws really, except for maybe 5/7 or 7/9 for an open ended, what can i really put him on, except an 8 or better? maybe he could be betting a 6....
depends on the stacks. thats a tough spot though because he has to figure you'll cbet. your either close to even or way behind and hes trying to get money in the pot quick. im almost thinking fold due to his pot sized bet. what do we do on turn unimproved and he fires another big barrel? but if your short stacked ship it.
i forgot to include stack sizes, which i have now did....and i agree with you, usually i'm either close to even or way behind, or slightly ahead....but, he could have big cards that missed, and hoping i'm in the same boat....anyways, see above for turn play