I'm at Ballys with my friend in a $75 tourney. Let's just win

Screw the tourney. I would be sitting at a 1-2 nl game. It's Friday night lots of fish in for super bowl weekend

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a quick synopsis: ( provided a running commentary on twitter too with pictures)   Thursday 5:30 AM: Woke up the boy for hockey practice. He was tired and cranky LOL. Drove up the the airport

Another trip done. Stayed at Bellagio 3 nights during work, 5 nights at the suite at MGM for fun. Some highlights I thought some of you would appreciate:   - Noodles at Bellagio. 3 meals, which is

So my little drummer boy son is a big ACDC fan, and an even bigger beatles fan. So on the Thursday of Superbowl weekend, I'm going to tell him I'm going to drive him to school. Instead, I'm driving

Posted Images

Screw the tourney. I would be sitting at a 1-2 nl game. It's Friday night lots of fish in for super bowl weekend

Came with my friend. He doesn't play much. Wanted to play tourney.

Came with my friend. He doesn't play much. Wanted to play tourney.

I wish I was in Vegas this weekend. I told Otto we will go in 2 years

I already told Otto that we are going to Port Perry on feb 20th. A couple of good friends my mine are coming too. We are going to make an evening out of it and have dinner

We were watching poker on tsn today and asking him what he would do. I am thinking we might play blackjack instead now

is it Sev....does he play much poker...say hi

It's Sevag. Not Baskin Sev.

If Baskin Sev is around. Find me

It's Sevag. Not Baskin Sev.

If Baskin Sev is around. Find me

Is Sev like a common name? Like George for Greeks, dale for Irish, goodman for Jewish. Bob for Chinese, Vito for Italians?

I just wanted to say that, having been to vegas somewhere in the ballpark of 40-50 times, and often for lengthy stays, that 3 days/2 nights we just spent there was the best trip I've ever had and it's not even close. My son was amazing. I can't top that. Ever. if you ever get the chance to do a father/son trip there, just do it.

• Like 4

I just wanted to say that, having been to vegas somewhere in the ballpark of 40-50 times, and often for lengthy stays, that 3 days/2 nights we just spent there was the best trip I've ever had and it's not even close. My son was amazing. I can't top that. Ever. if you ever get the chance to do a father/son trip there, just do it.

I do have to second that. My trip with Otto 2.5 years ago was extremely fun. My younger daughters still bug me about it saying why did I take him and they did not go

Here's a quick synopsis: ( provided a running commentary on twitter too with pictures)

Thursday 5:30 AM: Woke up the boy for hockey practice. He was tired and cranky LOL. Drove up the the airport. Pulled into parknfly and he asked me where we were going. I told him I couldn't find the rink, but I'd figure it out, but to help he should put on this t-shirt (An ACDC tshirt). He was so tired he put it on and didn't even notice. Finally, I said, well, I can't find it. Maybe instead of hockey we should just jump on a plane and fly to vegas to see ACDC. He said 'whaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt?' Jumped on the plane, Westjet upgraded us to Plus.

Thursday 1 PM: Land in vegas. Walking through McCarran, he notices all the limo drivers standing with signs. He asks me what they're for? I tell him 'that's only for super high roller VIPS'. Of course, 20 feet later, there's a limo driver with our name on a sign. His grin wraps around his entire head as we climb into a limo for the mirage. Arrive at the Mirage, and we go to VIP checkin. He's astounded that everything in the VIP checkin room is free, including candy. They put us in a penthouse suite overlooking the strip.

Thursday we have dinner at Mirage, and then walk over to Bellagio to see 'O'. Stop and watch the fountains, talk about evil knievel jumping the Caesars fountains, etc.

5th row tickets for O. He thought it was amazing.

Friday morning, up early and have breakfast. Limo to New York New York, amusement park, arcade, and make our way back on foot. Stop at Eiffel Tower, ride to the top, talk a lot at the top about how much vegas changed from the mob days. He loved the history.

Short nap in the afternoon to recharge (time difference and all) and then dinner at the Samba Rodizio restaurant. Again, he loved this whole idea. Waiters brining non-stop swords full of meat. LOL

After dinner, out to watch the mirage volcano show. Pretty awesome.

Friday night,ACDC. Limo to the show, and my host has come up with 7th row seats that end up being first row seats. ACDC tore the roof off the place, and my son was in heaven. (Or Hell, I guess, since it was ACDC). We had backstage meetngreet arranged after the show, but apparently the band was less than impressed with the high roller crowd, some of whom left part way through the show, so they did a runner and took off. Not that big a deal. Dean, however, did get handed Angus' guitar pick which has now become a Fort Knox security type treasure in our house.

Saturday morning, up early again 5:30 AM for a sunrise helicopter trip into the Grand Canyon. Amazing. I've said it before, if you're going to spend money on one thing in vegas, this is it. Helicopter lands in the canyon, breakfast, wander around, just spectacular. My 3rd time doing it and it never gets old.

Back to the hotel, a little nap, then off to visit the vegas magic shops. After much gut wrenching debate with himself, picked out a trick he liked and we bought it. A quick dinner at Mirage, and then limo over to Luxor for the VIP Blue Man Group show. Again, he's a drummer, and he thought the show was awesome. Met Blue Men after the show, and they broke their 'not supposed to talk' rule to talk drums with Dean. Outstanding.

Finally, limo to the airport. He fell asleep in the gate lounge. Exhausted. Slept all the way home on the redeye.

It was an amazing trip. I never gambled, and couldn't have cared less. On the flight home, I couldn't help but reflect on just how ****ing lucky I am. Makes a lot of other things seem pretty trivial. Now I have 8 years to plan the 10 year old trip for the younger son. :)

• Like 6

It was an amazing trip. I never gambled, and couldn't have cared less. On the flight home, I couldn't help but reflect on just how ****ing lucky I am. Makes a lot of other things seem pretty trivial. Now I have 8 years to plan the 10 year old trip for the younger son. :)

Love this part. Whole thing sounds great.

You've inspired me, I've been looking into finding our own version of such a trip with my son, soon

And I have told a couple of my friends about your amazing trip, and mine probably wont be Vegas, but I'm trying my best to come up with a weekend that fits his ideas of a fun time. I think just the act of being with you non stop for 72hours was a blast for him, even when we live with our kids we dont spend enough quality time one on one time, constantly with them. Someone is always on some screen somewhere.

I keep saying this, but well done Chris.

Family trips with the kids are so great. Some of my favorite memories are my trips to Toronto when I was 10, Disney World when I was 12, and Pittsburgh trip with I was 14.

Don't recall traveling much before 10, though I know I was in Vancouver when I was like 3.

Anyways, definitely a great idea to plan something special.

Forgot one part: while we were checking in in the lounge at the mirage a woman is staring at dean. Finally she walks up to him and says, are you this boy? Holds out her phone and it's a tweet of dean on the plane Apparently her husband sent her the tweets of dean finding out he was going to ACDC. They were from Iowa. They were going too. Dean thought he was famous. Lol

Spending money on experiences that last a lifetime is so much better than spending on things.

Chris and his Son will be sharing these memories for the rest of their lives.

I want Sev to hit a slots jackpot and then we will try and get the tax back

Sev don't play poker

I hit a small one for $2250. They took $675 tax, good thing I already have an ITIN number.

7 days in vegas and we all came back ahead! Sports gambling is so much fun.

I hit a small one for $2250. They took $675 tax, good thing I already have an ITIN number.

7 days in vegas and we all came back ahead! Sports gambling is so much fun.

Do you want to get that back?