Women Winning Poker Tournaments

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

king tanner bite me B)when I won my 1st poker tournament 27 years ago in Vegas I was told women didn't belong playing poker I told them back them to go f u c k your selves, and came home with $1800.00anyone who wants to play in a game while I am in Vegas let me know?I am always interested in taking others peoples money :)I Plan on Playing Event #21 and maybe #27

king tanner bite me B)when I won my 1st poker tournament 27 years ago in Vegas I was told women did belong playing poker I told them back them to go f u c k your selves, and came home with $1800.00anyone who wants to play in a game while I am in Vegas let me know?I am always interested in taking others peoples money :club:
when are you in Vegas? I'll take your money then make you buy me drinks! im going up May 20seriously though women aren't that great at poker, amirite? how are they winning tourneys

June 9-23rd so far maybe longer

when I won my 1st poker tournament 27 years ago in Vegas I was told women did belong playing poker I told them back them to go f u c k your selves, and came home with $1800.00
I think you're being results oriented here.

You are seeing a statistical anomaly. Historically, in open events women have underperformed in poker relative to their numbers in the field. Someone did the math not that long ago and I think I read that 8-10% of open WSOP event runners are women, yet they win significantly less than 8-10% of the bracelets.Why?Winning poker requires significant aggression. Aggression is significantly less accepted socially by women and the amount that is naturally occuring is typically pretty well repressed societally. I'm sure Jonas would have some input here, but if you've played much poker at all, it's just the truth that women tend to play more passively than men. Kudos to both Vanessa and Liv though. They're both EXTREMELY intelligent women and have worked very hard to get where they are. Liv has trained very extensively with both binger brothers if you saw them on the live webcast.

I think you're being results oriented here.
Tyler don't let me have to put you over my knee, or have to tell you were to fing go either. I play for fun mostly, but I also like the challenge. Back then my stud game was dead on, and very good. Not saying I am good, cause I am not. but I do like the challenge and if I am focus, and when I play live there is a whole different game. Remember one thing, I am an awesome tell reader. When I play live here, I do well, cause my tell reading is usually right on. One advantage of being a nurse is picking up physical and mental tells. Besides I prefer live over net anytime. I become more patient and more focus. Big key to the game.
Tyler don't let me have to put you over my knee, or have to tell you were to fing go either. I play for fun mostly, but I also like the challenge. Back then my stud game was dead on, and very good. Not saying I am good, cause I am not. but I do like the challenge and if I am focus, and when I play live there is a whole different game. Remember one thing, I am an awesome tell reader. When I play live here, I do well, cause my tell reading is usually right on. One advantage of being a nurse is picking up physical and mental tells. Besides I prefer live over net anytime. I become more patient and more focus. Big key to the game.
Well said sister!
omg grammar check! :club:
You are seeing a statistical anomaly. Historically, in open events women have underperformed in poker relative to their numbers in the field. Someone did the math not that long ago and I think I read that 8-10% of open WSOP event runners are women, yet they win significantly less than 8-10% of the bracelets.Why?Winning poker requires significant aggression. Aggression is significantly less accepted socially by women and the amount that is naturally occuring is typically pretty well repressed societally. I'm sure Jonas would have some input here, but if you've played much poker at all, it's just the truth that women tend to play more passively than men. Kudos to both Vanessa and Liv though. They're both EXTREMELY intelligent women and have worked very hard to get where they are. Liv has trained very extensively with both binger brothers if you saw them on the live webcast.
Mike might have a point on aggression, as some women are not aggressive enough. That's where we need to prove our point and show that we can be aggressive and play the same way. Make the same type plays and moves as the guys. Show that we are not afraid to reraise back or to be just as aggressive. I am seeing some changes in that, just watch out guys we will be making our moves forward.
Mike might have a point on aggression, as some women are not aggressive enough. That's where we need to prove our point and show that we can be aggressive and play the same way. Make the same type play and moves as the guys. Show that we are not afraid to reraise back or to be just as aggressive. I am seeing some changes in that, just watch out guys we will be making our moves forward.
Where?I mean Vanessa is legit and rare and IDK anything about live boeree but where have YOU seen changes?
I'd let liv give me a cleveland steamer, without the saran wrap.
Since when do people use saran wrap?
Being passive aggressive doesn't work in tournament poker, which is why women can't win. Jonas agrees.
Where?I mean Vanessa is legit and rare and IDK anything about live boeree but where have YOU seen changes?
okay, looshle, it's coming slowly, I am seeing it in some sng's I play and mtt's and private games I play with other groups I belong to there are a few girls I play with that are awesome and very aggressive platinum stars players on Pokerstars. Maybe not so much live such as Vanessa, and Liv, but there are a few up and coming. Poker does appear more male dominated and it was 27 years ago when I played my 1st tournament in Vegas when I was 1 of 3 females in a field of 300 but that didn't stop me then. Back then you should of heard the guys make the comments women didn't belong in poker it was very vocal. At least now it is accepted without the comments. The changes might be subtle but yes I see them, compared to 27 years ago there are changes. Linda Johnston, Kathy Liebert, Evelyn Ngn, Shana Hiatt, Tina Wallmann, you will see them coming, as they start getting more aggressive. they might be slow but some of the newer ones won't be overly such push overs.
okay, looshle, it's coming slowly, I am seeing it in some sng's I play and mtt's and private games I play with other groups I belong to there are a few girls I play with that are awesome and very aggressive platinum stars players on Pokerstars. Maybe not so much live such as Vanessa, and Liv, but there are a few up and coming. Poker does appear more male dominated and it was 27 years ago when I played my 1st tournament in Vegas when I was 1 of 3 females in a field of 300 but that didn't stop me then. Back then you should of heard the guys make the comments women didn't belong in poker it was very vocal. At least now it is accepted without the comments. The changes might be subtle but yes I see them, compared to 27 years ago there are changes. Linda Johnston, Kathy Liebert, Evelyn Ngn, Shana Hiatt, Tina Wallmann, you will see them coming, as they start getting more aggressive. they might be slow but some of the newer ones won't be overly such push overs.
Tina Wallman and Shana Hiatt!!!!rcgs did you really type this or did you let vb take over your account?

the only woman you listed who isn't amazingly outclassed by dozen or more people on this forum alone at tournament poker is kathy liebert, and she's been around forever. There are 55ish events at the WSOP this year. subtract out the ladies / seniors / specialty events, and that's about 50 normal open events. I'll happily give you 2-1 on any amount of money you can raise that 10% of the bracelet winners in open events this year won't be women.

rose you've been playing for 27 years and you're still this bad?
lurbz on line yes, I hate long tournaments, that's why I like turbo's. That's why I prefer live over net. My on line reads are terrible, I have too many leaks to fix. I prefer live interactions, I need to focus everywhere, looking at everything. eye contact, to everything, body language of others. Breathing patterns, facial expressions, body movements, hand movements, playing patterns, color changes, everything. Are they relax cause they are bluffing or cause they got the nuts. Are they pushing because they want you off the hand? or reraising for the draw?, for flush, straight? Besides Lurbz again I play for fun, not to become a pro so I don't put all my energy to becoming a pro to win like one. If it was my desire to play and win like a pro then that would be my focus. So it's a different concept cause I am not putting 100% into it, only 70% if that.