Stepping Up To The Main Event

GL on step 4. Have you seen an increase in the quality of play on steps 3 and 4?Has anyone tried the 4-man HU knockouts? I was hoping to try one last night but nobody sat down so I played another 9-man turbo.
There quailty of play is about the same. People in the chat have said they are making their way up and see lucky fish getting to step 5. I'm sure that's a very good thing.I see a lot of people playing the super turbos more than the 4man HU.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't even looked, but are the steps the same as stars - as in step 6 is as high as it goes?
Step 6 is a $600+$40Step 7 is a $2000 +$100 Main event single table 9 man.

I don't know if Stars will be changing their steps this time around, but I really like the system on Tilt. They do have one additional step but it's cheaper to start ($3.30 vs $7.50 on Stars, if I recall correctly) and there are more options. If you can afford to buy in directly to a higher step it makes no difference, but it's nice that they provide more options for micro grinders. If you're used to playing $1 and $2 SnGs, starting at $7 is a big jump.

I don't know if Stars will be changing their steps this time around, but I really like the system on Tilt. They do have one additional step but it's cheaper to start ($3.30 vs $7.50 on Stars, if I recall correctly) and there are more options. If you can afford to buy in directly to a higher step it makes no difference, but it's nice that they provide more options for micro grinders. If you're used to playing $1 and $2 SnGs, starting at $7 is a big jump.
Stars has the 60 fpp (which is roughly equivalent to 1$) 100 people MTT tournament with the winner getting a step 2 ticket and 2-9 getting a step 1 ticket, so they kind of do have some stuff in place for the micro grinders.

decided to throw some $ at the steps on tilt. Played 10 $8.50 stop two super turbo's to see if I could build up some tickets. for $85 I received:3-step 3 tickets equaling $78 in value2-step 2 tickets equaling $17 in value$4 in cashThat's $99 for my $85 investment. Seems like a pretty horrible value. The variance is HUGE at the super turbos, obv. I don't think steps are a good idea for most people. I'll play out my tickets and see if I get anywhere.

Step 2. Bubble has broken but 5th place gets knocked back down to step 1. I've been card dead most of the SnG. Villain had been playing relatively tight, as were all the remaining players.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 200/400 Blinds (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton (t2650)SB (t2800)Hero (BB) (t1630)UTG (t3160)MP (t3260)Hero's M: 2.72Preflop: Hero is BB with 9heart.gif, Adiamond.gif1 fold, MP bets t3260 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero ???

The super turbos are the worst way to play the steps, you might as well flip coins.
EDPlAH74Zxd8jQi5-2Ql.pngedit - this isn';t quite the same thing but it is super turbo satellites. There is definitely an edge in super turbos, probably more so on FTP than Stars.

played step #1 18 mantook 7th for another step 1 ticketso will try another

I haven't been able to find super turbo sng's on Stars and I've looked more than once. sigh

The super turbos are the worst way to play the steps, you might as well flip coins.
Some would say the same thing about regular turbos. A lot cash game players would say the same thing about sng's or mtt's in general no matter what the structure is. holy garph Hwy.
I haven't been able to find super turbo sng's on Stars and I've looked more than once. sighSome would say the same thing about regular turbos. A lot cash game players would say the same thing about sng's or mtt's in general no matter what the structure is. holy garph Hwy.
They don;t run anything except satellite hyper turbos at the moment I believe.Oh there are the 1c 990 mans.
They don;t run anything except satellite hyper turbos at the moment I believe.Oh there are the 1c 990 mans.
ahhh, I've played quite a few of those 4.40's the the SM but haven't been able to 'flip' my way to a seat in one yet.Stars needs to get those on the single table sng's page.
Some would say the same thing about regular turbos. A lot cash game players would say the same thing about sng's or mtt's in general no matter what the structure is.
True but it is generally accepted wisdom that the faster the structure, the lower the skill edge of any particular player.
for $85 I received:3-step 3 tickets 2-step 2 tickets
turned this into:1-step 3 ticket2-step 2 tickets1-step 1 ticketSometimes to step up you have to step down?

Played a couple Step 2's last night and ended up with two repeat Step 2's.Played two more tonight, busted in one and scored a Step 3 with the other.Updated scoreboardStep 2 tickets: 2Step 3 tickets: 1

The Steps are not being kind tonight. I decided to play my two Step 2's (both 9-man turbos), and busted out of both - one when I was card dead and ran A6s into AK, and the other when my AQs<AJ. So I figured I would purchase another two Step 1's with my dwindling supply of FTPs, choosing to play the 9-man super turbos. Busted out of one when my 99 ran into TT, and barely squeaked out another Step 1 in the other.Updated scoreboardStep 1 tickets: 1Step 3 tickets: 1

I just checked my busted Stars account and successfully used all my remaining FPPs. I turned a step-2 and 2 step-1 tickets into 2 step-4 tickets. So now I can play the equivalent of two $215 tourneys as a freeroll.

I just checked my busted Stars account and successfully used all my remaining FPPs. I turned a step-2 and 2 step-1 tickets into 2 step-4 tickets. So now I can play the equivalent of two $215 tourneys as a freeroll.
right on, gl