• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cardinals and Red Sox  

missed it by that much  

If you root for St. Louis and you're not from the immediate St. Louis metro area, you're a horrible person.

The Harper/Fernandez things were debatable. Johnson was being a jerk in the second case. In this case, Gomez really was being a dbag. The HPB that he was offended from a few months ago almost certainly wasn't intentional...so then to just act insane and taunt after his HR...y'all are upset he got talked back at?

Look at these eyes...

BGk8C9E.gif

That's full on James Franco level crazy eyes.

The Harper/Fernandez things were debatable.

How so? Harper hits a bomb, then gets drilled next time up. After the game, Frank Wren ran his mouth on Twitter. How is the Braves behavior anything but inappropriate and childish?

The Fernandez thing was on Fernandez, and he admitted as much, but McCann and Johnson overreacted, especially the latter, who came off like a total douche.

so then to just act insane and taunt after his HR...y'all are upset he got talked back at?

Well I wouldn't say I'm upset, more just embarrassed for everyone involved. But they didn't just talk back to Gomez - McCann blocked him from reaching the plate on an out-of-the-park homerun, which was really bizarre. I don't know how McCann wasn't insta-ejected for doing that, it's not like he was trying to stop a brawl, more like he was trying to start one.

How so? Harper hits a bomb, then gets drilled next time up. After the game, Frank Wren ran his mouth on Twitter. How is the Braves behavior anything but inappropriate and childish?

The Fernandez thing was on Fernandez, and he admitted as much, but McCann and Johnson overreacted, especially the latter, who came off like a total douche.

I felt like I remembered Harper being kind of douchy surrounding that whole thing...but I'd have to go back to confirm. Feel like I missed about a week of games around that time and didn't really bother to catch up on all of the details.

As for Fernandez, I did think he was in the wrong...but I didn't feel like it was quite as egregious as the Braves were making it.

I guess that's all I meant...that the first two cases seemed like they were reasonable debates, while this latest seemed like Gomez was clearly clearly over the line. That said, Johnson has really annoyed me this season with his attitude in a variety of circumstances. I guess I'm just a McCann fan, so I may be giving him more leeway.

I hope karma catches up with this woman

http://youtu.be/Wzm0nh2Q1ak

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as karma.

She got the baseball, the kid didn't and she very well may go on to lead a totally contented and charmed life.

This is why we must be our own karma. If someone did that to my kid at the ballgame, they'd be given one chance to hand it over before I turn the situation into a savagely violent GIF that would live on the internet forever and ever. "Karma" is for twats who don't have the stones to do what needs to be done in real time.

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as karma.

She got the baseball, the kid didn't and she very well may go on to lead a totally contented and charmed life.

This is why we must be our own karma. If someone did that to my kid at the ballgame, they'd be given one chance to hand it over before I turn the situation into a savagely violent GIF that would live on the internet forever and ever. "Karma" is for twats who don't have the stones to do what needs to be done in real time.

I don't understand why any adult would give a crap about a ball thrown to them by a player/ballboy. It's one thing to catch a homer/foul, but to get a soft toss? Who cares? You can afford front row seats - go spend $3 on a baseball and let the kids there. Anyone who is sitting front row at a baseball game has had kids running up beside them for balls all game - even if she doesn't realize she's grabbing it out of a kid's hands there, she knows by getting one, she is taking it from a kid. Thank goodness we have the internet where selfish idiots can be shamed.

Why do people always say spend a couple bucks on a ball? MLB baseballs are like $15-20 each.

Why does it have to be an MLB baseball? Mrs Plastic Surgery over there isn't trying to get the seams just right for her 88mph 4-seamer.

My favorite part about playoff baseball analysis is how if a manager does the same things he did all season and it doesn't work, he's criticized because "the playoffs are a different animal" and you have to adjust to it. But if he does something different and it doesn't work, he's criticized because "you have to stick with what got you here" and "dance with the girl who brung ya'" and all that.

The Kimbrel issue is a good example. If Fredi brings Kimbrel in for two innings and he gives up the lead in his second inning of work, he's criticized because Kimbrel isn't used to pitching that long. Since he didn't bring him in, he's getting killed for not going with the best reliever in the league.

Of course, that ignores the fact that if Kimbrel can't go two, then he still should've pitched the 8th and had the next reliever pitch the 9th. If Kimbrel gets the Dodgers out in the 8th, the next reliever is facing the bottom of the order in the 9th.

Yeah that's analysis for everything. It's all results based nonsense. Kimbrel should have been brought in for te 8th because managers shouldn't be slaves to the closer only in the 9th. Whether he stays in for two innings is a different story. But bring him in in the 8th with the middle of the order up.

• Like 1

My favorite part about playoff baseball analysis is how if a manager does the same things he did all season and it doesn't work, he's criticized because "the playoffs are a different animal" and you have to adjust to it. But if he does something different and it doesn't work, he's criticized because "you have to stick with what got you here" and "dance with the girl who brung ya'" and all that.

The Kimbrel issue is a good example. If Fredi brings Kimbrel in for two innings and he gives up the lead in his second inning of work, he's criticized because Kimbrel isn't used to pitching that long. Since he didn't bring him in, he's getting killed for not going with the best reliever in the league.

Of course, that ignores the fact that if Kimbrel can't go two, then he still should've pitched the 8th and had the next reliever pitch the 9th. If Kimbrel gets the Dodgers out in the 8th, the next reliever is facing the bottom of the order in the 9th.

I would've been fine with him using Kimbrel for two innings throughout the regular season in high leverage situations also. I think not using Kimbrel to start the 8th is defensible. Not getting him in there after Puig doubles is much harder to defend.