• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cardinals and Red Sox  

missed it by that much  

If you root for St. Louis and you're not from the immediate St. Louis metro area, you're a horrible person.

It's crazy how good Cobb's slugging is, since he had double digit home runs twice.

Ya'll are kind of sleeping on Honus Wagner, too. Positional value should be a consideration.

I almost mentioned him on my lists, but I can't make any strong argument that relies on defensive value of someone that played pre-war. We're just as likely to undervalue it as overvalue it tbh, but the error bars must be enormous.

Pretty sure the Cards have reached that point where if you don't live in St. Louis, you root against the Cards.

Today's fact - if the Blue Jays had been able to manage a better than .500 record in one-run games (which are mostly luck), they would be tied for the best record in the MLB right now. If both the Jays and Cards had exactly a .500 record in one-run games, the Blue Jays would be 4 games better instead of 8 games worse.

• 3 weeks later...

If the Cubs beat the Cardinals, I'm going to have a really fun month.

• Like 2

what a way to break the curse! over the broken carcass of the "Doing it the right way" sons of bitches in St. Louis. Those squares wouldn't have stolen a base immediately after getting hit by a pitch.

• Like 3

I'm so so happy about yesterday's games. The Royals coming back in a such a fashion and the Cubs taking game 3 were so great and unexpected for me. I just hope that both teams didn't get my hopes up and they can close this out.