• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cardinals and Red Sox  

missed it by that much  

If you root for St. Louis and you're not from the immediate St. Louis metro area, you're a horrible person.

Eric Hosmer for Mark Prior. "When you can get a guy with his track record, a number 2 overall pick in the draft, you jump at the opportunity."

VERY FUNNY

Rany Jazayerli@jazayerli 1m

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding. RT @JeffPassan: Sources: Royals sign LHP Jason Vargas. Was seeking a three-year deal.

Haha. I hope that's it.

it would be so typical.

Seriously though, what do you think they saw in Jason Vargas that made them think, "We gotta lock this guy up for four years?"

Maybe his agent asked really nicely?

Cardinals give Jhonny Peralta 4/53. Good/Bad/Fair?

(Steamer has him at +2.7 WAR if he gets 600PA. He was +3.7/448 +2.5/585 +4.9/576 over the last three years.)

Seems solid to me. Maybe not a bargain, but considering where they're at on the win curve and how significant an upgrade he represents, they're getting their money's worth and plenty more.

I AGREE EXCEPT FOR THE WEIRD CONTRADICTION.

Predictions for Cano. Team/Years/AAV

I AGREE EXCEPT FOR THE WEIRD CONTRADICTION.

Predictions for Cano. Team/Years/AAV

I suck, sorry. You know what I meant.

Cano - 90% he goes to the Yankees. 9% to the Dodgers. 1% the Angels sign him for 12 years/$305 million and three baseball writers die of exhaustion from laughing for days.

I think Tim is pretty solid on the 8 years, though I'd guess closer to $180M. I could see 10 years in the $210M range.

Sox sign AJ Pierzynski for 1 year, $8.25m. Pretty excellent move. It's a super small contract, we have David Ross and Ryan Lavarnway to back him up, and it's a bridge to our somewhat highly touted catching prospects Christian Vazquez and Blake Swihart who, everybody says, could each be ready in as little as a year. Now we just need to re-sign Napoli, get a CFer (I would actually be extremely happy if we can get Ellsbury for 6 years or less, but it doesn't seem to be in the works), and we're pretty well set.