Official 2010 Playoff Trash Talking Thread

I didn't know Steve had ever been to Montreal.
so any kind of potato based side order makes him snap?geez, and here I thought it was just plain chips that made him freak out.
  • Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a f'n joke. Crosby holds Gill's stick under his arm and then they call Gill for the hold. I'm not saying Gill didn't hold him but Crosby was doing just as much. Then Crosby takes a little slash at one of the Habs and I'm sure he'll either get nothing or offsetting calls. I bet Bylsma is writing a letter to the refs right now. I think we finally found something Serge may be right about.

weak penalty on Holmstrom. That's a penalty in the first period maybe, but not in a tied playoff game with 3 minutes left. If it turns into a goal, just wave it off...no need to call a penalty.

you are crazy. he kept pushing and pushing. idiot he was. he gave the refs no choice. first bump was finebtw, a few years ago, the Sharks were up 2-0 against Edmonton and lost game three in OT. They went on to lose the next three after thatand, the best part about the Mario commercial is hearing "beat him like a rented mule" before the rewind

I dunno, he gave him one normal push, then one extra, which knocked into the goalie, then stopped. I thought he stopped soon enough that they didn't NEED to give him a penalty.

it was more like three pushes. I don't have dvr or else I'd check.from what I remember he bumped them (ok), he pushed them (you're pushing it..(haha)) and then he pushed them twice more (penalty)

I dunno, he gave him one normal push, then one extra, which knocked into the goalie, then stopped. I thought he stopped soon enough that they didn't NEED to give him a penalty.
If that's Filppula, it isn't a penalty. If it's Holmstrom, who makes a living interfering with goalies, it is.Right or wrong...
What a f'n joke. Crosby holds Gill's stick under his arm and then they call Gill for the hold. I'm not saying Gill didn't hold him but Crosby was doing just as much. Then Crosby takes a little slash at one of the Habs and I'm sure he'll either get nothing or offsetting calls. I bet Bylsma is writing a letter to the refs right now. I think we finally found something Serge may be right about.
Versus showed a replay of the hold and it later realized it wasn't where the penalty was called. I noticed last year that Gill seems to get away with that more than most. My guess is that the ref warned him earlier in the shift and then that was the result when he tried it again.I thought the trip on Leopold was pretty weak late in the 3rd. And lol at the high stick that was missed a during the PK with Letang being the victim.

Yeah, I'll buy regular interference. Thanks Steve. Still a little weak at that point but...it was clearly interference :club: For some reason I just really don't like the Sharks. No good reason really...except I picked all Wings in the CBC pool. Too bad, because I also picked Fleury as my Star guy.

Versus showed a replay of the hold and it later realized it wasn't where the penalty was called. I noticed last year that Gill seems to get away with that more than most. My guess is that the ref warned him earlier in the shift and then that was the result when he tried it again.I thought the trip on Leopold was pretty weak late in the 3rd. And lol at the high stick that was missed a during the PK with Letang being the victim.
My first thought was that the Leopold call was one of those calls they give to the team trailing in the third period...but the replay clearly shows him jamming his stick and taking the skates out from under the Habs player. If Cammalerri did catch Letang with the highstick on that play then it should have been called. I guess they just missed it like everything they miss when Crosby deserves a penalty.
My first thought was that the Leopold call was one of those calls they give to the team trailing in the third period...but the replay clearly shows him jamming his stick and taking the skates out from under the Habs player. If Cammalerri did catch Letang with the highstick on that play then it should have been called. I guess they just missed it like everything they miss when Crosby deserves a penalty.
Ok, serge.Did I just cross the "trash talking line"? :club:

And 12 seconds after the Gill penalty, at the end of the second, Crosby takes a slash at a Habs player and not only does he not get a penalty but Gorges gets one (along with Letang). So the Habs have to start the third shorthanded with Gill and Gorges in the box. I think Crosby has to kill someone to get called.

Did Crosby not make the trip to Montreal??Wow he looks bad...
He's still drawing penalties and getting away with plenty of crap
He's still drawing penalties and getting away with plenty of crap
i am glad you guys are seeing what I see all year...The slash against the goal post, where he could of took Fleury's head off A LA Vokoun earlier was brutal..how is that not a penalty..The scrum that he started at the end of the second period, where he turtled pretending to be hurt and then he tripped the montreal player, and somehow the Habs come up short handed..There is a rule in the book apparently he could of got a misconduct..but he came out with nothing.He is a give away machine, and he single handedly gave the game away in Game 2, despite the cheating refs..When are people going to realize, there are tons of players in the NHL, who could score 51 goals with the special treatment he gets..Brutal

It's definitely becoming more noticeable how much the commentators mention how the Penguins have complained to the refs. Last night for instance...they mentioned how the Penguins complained to the league about Hal Gill getting away with holding. Then...shocker...Gill gets called for holding Crosby who was doing just as much holding.Crosby getting nothing for that scrum at the end of the second period is a huge joke. And Malkin has Gionta's jersey pulled over his head and gets nothing. Crosby should have been in the box and Malkin and Gionta should have been in the box too. But instead Malkin and Crosby get to work the powerplay and end up scoring. Pittsburgh is a good team and Fleury played excellent...refereeing bias is not needed.

my theory is not just for this series...Bettman has been cheating for Crosby ever since his debacle of the draft lottery.it sounds proposterous to all of you, but its not really..I am not sure the Caps player last year, Backstrom or Semin, who said that Crosby is just an average player that his overhyped to make look like a superstar.Everything that I hate about Crosby has been prominent the last few games...Cheating like this happens all the time in the NBA. The high profile players get all the calls from the refs..Ask Bob he will tell you.With Crosby and to a lesser degree the Penguins, its gone to a higher level..It may not be the deep conspiracy that i allude to , but its definetely there.

other teams should start complaining to the refs I think
The Pens certainly are trailblazers. Soon enough I bet we'll start seeing other teams complaining to the refs. tin-foil-hat.jpgObviously it's much more fashionable to bash Crosby but props to Eric Adelson for writing something that's based in fact other than conspiracies. http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Aiky...aturecrosby0504

Other teams do complain but not nearly as much as it appears the Penguins do. Perhaps, also, the league is more apt to pay more attention and act when the Penguins complain.