****2010 Nba Playoffs Official Thread****

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was anyone else annoyed at the overuse of the non traditional camera angles during the LA/Suns game last night? I don't mind a quick court side shot of Nash bring up the ball to half court but having an entire possession using the court side camera is awful. They also used the under basket court side shot and the birds eye over the court shot on more than one occasion for entire possessions. I thought there was some kind technical issue with the regular camera but after they kept diddling with the shots, I ruled that out. It's like the director set up all these cameras for the playoffs and just had to use them even though they suck ass. Just give me the shot looking down from an angle that shows the complete half court. You know, the one where you can see all the action including what's happening away from the ball. The good one. It's great to have different shots of replays but these angles suck for live action.

I'm looking forward to when I can pick the angle I watch a game from, like in video games. Then you can rewind your dvr and watch it from a different angle. And there will be a different camera dedicated to each player on the court to just follow them around. Oh, and you should be able to save specific clips too, so you can go back and watch those afterwards. Basically I want to have the entire TV production right at my fingertips.But yeah, leave the odd angle shots for replays only.

So the draft lottery is tonight.If the NBA was going to rig it who do we think Stern would want to end up with John Wall ?The Knicks don't have a pick this year so that obvious choice isn't there for Stern to rig.

So the draft lottery is tonight.If the NBA was going to rig it who do we think Stern would want to end up with John Wall ?The Knicks don't have a pick this year so that obvious choice isn't there for Stern to rig.
Nets. Moving to Brooklyn, flashy Russian owner, good young PG and C combo in place. Wall can play SG and they go after Lebron, fail, and then settle for Joe Johnson and someone else.
Nets. Moving to Brooklyn, flashy Russian owner, good young PG and C combo in place. Wall can play SG and they go after Lebron, fail, and then settle for Joe Johnson and someone else.
I agree the Brooklyn Nets would be it, but why do you want Wall at SG? Trade Devin Harris for a PF or wing.
I agree the Brooklyn Nets would be it, but why do you want Wall at SG? Trade Devin Harris for a PF or wing.
The Nets don't need a PF. Kris Humphries has decided to take up his Player's Option and not become a Free Agent.
Kris Humphries has decided to take up his Player's Option and not become a Free Agent.
Well now what am I going to follow this off-season?
Lebron vs the Celtics last round, Kobe vs the Celtics 2008 finals:G --- FG% ---- 3p% ---- FT% --- OFF --- DEF --- RPG --- APG --- SPG --- BPG --- TO --- PPG6 --- 0.447 --- 0.269 --- 0.743 --- 1.5 --- 7.8 --- 9.3 ---- 7.2 --- 2.2 --- 1.3 --- 4.5 --- 26.86 --- 0.405 --- 0.321 --- 0.796 --- 1.3 --- 3.3 --- 4.6 ---- 5.0 --- 2.7 --- 0.2 --- 3.8 --- 25.7Maybe the Celtics are just really good at the whole defense thing. (Hold on, I just threw up in my mouth a little.)
I have no excuse for Kobe that series. He didn't have it. But. Those Celtics were far better defensively than these Celtics. Better comparison: Wade vs. Celtics 1st rd 33.2 ppg 56.4 fg% 40.5 3p% 5.6 rpg 6.8 apg
Lower FG% and fewer assists?
I don't worry about fg% over a small sample size, although Lebron did have a better series on paper vs Orl than I remember. Lebron's assists will go down too, if he ever runs the triangle.
Was anyone else annoyed at the overuse of the non traditional camera angles during the LA/Suns game last night?
I actually prefer the lower camera angle, you get a better sense of the competitiveness of the game.
I'm looking forward to when I can pick the angle I watch a game from, like in video games. Then you can rewind your dvr and watch it from a different angle. And there will be a different camera dedicated to each player on the court to just follow them around. Oh, and you should be able to save specific clips too, so you can go back and watch those afterwards. Basically I want to have the entire TV production right at my fingertips.But yeah, leave the odd angle shots for replays only.
That would be amazing.

Yeah I was going to say that I'm sure if Kobe/Lebron swapped teams and offensive sets the assist numbers would be different. Kobe definitely has the better team around him, but Lebron has a team *specifically* built for him. Williams, Big Z, Parker, West, Gibson etc. are essentially all catch and shoot guys that don't really create their own shot (or set up others). Similarly Shaq has to wait for somebody to pass him the ball for him to do something. Kobe however has to generally just run his sets in the triangle and it means guys like Odom/Gasol (and to some extent Artest and Fisher) can create their own offense a lot more and not really rely so much on a superstar getting all the attention to get their points.

Those Celtics were far better defensively than these Celtics.
Lebron vs the 2008 Celtics, Kobe vs the Celtics 2008 finals:G --- FG% ---- 3p% ---- FT% --- OFF --- DEF --- RPG --- APG --- SPG --- BPG --- TO --- PPG7 --- 0.355 --- 0.231 --- 0.756 --- 1.3 --- 5.1 --- 6.4 ---- 7.6 --- 2.1 --- 1.3 --- 5.3 --- 26.76 --- 0.405 --- 0.321 --- 0.796 --- 1.3 --- 3.3 --- 4.6 ---- 5.0 --- 2.7 --- 0.2 --- 3.8 --- 25.7Eww at those FG% numbers, but you said those don't carry any weight, so...Lebron was getting better as that series went along. Scoring numbers: 12, 21, 21, 21, 35, 32, 45.

If you're a fan being vocal with the refs at half and the ref throws you the ball, do you keep the ball, drop the ball, or throw it back to the ref? If you throw the ball back to the ref and the ref calls for security to toss you from the building, how do you keep from going to jail?

a lot of people know a lot more about hoops than me - but how come someone is running a team that doesn't now that you can never win a title with Vince Carter as a starter on your team

a lot of people know a lot more about hoops than me - but how come someone is running a team that doesn't now that you can never win a title with Vince Carter as a starter on your team
You expect different from the people who think it's a good idea to pay Rashard Lewis $18.8 Million this year and another $66.5 million over the next 3 years.
Hell. Yes.Great game. Hoping I get to see them close it out in game 4.
I hate you.I can't watch Celtics games anymore; they just put me on crazy tilt.I made it up to the point where Big Baby scored and was strutting back down the court with a snarl on his face and his big man boobs bouncing up and down and I just couldn't take it anymore. You have 4 points. Just stop, you big fat fuck.It sucks that I won't be able to watch the finals this year, but it's probably better for my health and will limit surrounding property damage.
I hate you.I can't watch Celtics games anymore; they just put me on crazy tilt.I made it up to the point where Big Baby scored and was strutting back down the court with a snarl on his face and his big man boobs bouncing up and down and I just couldn't take it anymore. You have 4 points. Just stop, you big fat fuck.It sucks that I won't be able to watch the finals this year, but it's probably better for my health and will limit surrounding property damage.
JJJ, you should definitely watch the finals! boston is going to get DESTROYED...you'll enjoy every second of it...this is not 2008, and i will be stunned if the lakers lose to the celtics this time around...lakers match up perfectly against boston, and i cant wait to see the lakers payback those cocky fucks...

I kind of like how the Celtics lulled everyone into a false sense of security by dogging half the regular season. Cagey stuff.Love SVG ripping Dwight Howard after the game. Why don't you try to jumpstart Rashard Lewis instead (who killed Cleveland last year in the Conference Finals and is now killing his own team this year).

I kind of like how the Celtics lulled everyone into a false sense of security by dogging half the regular season. Cagey stuff.Love SVG ripping Dwight Howard after the game. Why don't you try to jumpstart Rashard Lewis instead (who killed Cleveland last year in the Conference Finals and is now killing his own team this year).
half? what did they lose to the Hawks like 17 times?

Amare Stoudemire on Lamar Odom:"I'm not giving him no hype right now; he had a lucky game in Game 1," Stoudemire said after Suns practice Tuesday at Staples Center. "We just got to make sure we box him out. I think I focused so much on Gasol and Bynum to where he snuck in there and got 19 boards, so now we just got to make sure there's three guys out there that can rebound well when adding Odom. So, we got to do a better job on them."Um, yeah Amare, that's what people mean when they talk about how much size the Lakers have. You can't match-up with all of them.

Lebron vs the 2008 Celtics, Kobe vs the Celtics 2008 finals:G --- FG% ---- 3p% ---- FT% --- OFF --- DEF --- RPG --- APG --- SPG --- BPG --- TO --- PPG7 --- 0.355 --- 0.231 --- 0.756 --- 1.3 --- 5.1 --- 6.4 ---- 7.6 --- 2.1 --- 1.3 --- 5.3 --- 26.76 --- 0.405 --- 0.321 --- 0.796 --- 1.3 --- 3.3 --- 4.6 ---- 5.0 --- 2.7 --- 0.2 --- 3.8 --- 25.7Eww at those FG% numbers, but you said those don't carry any weight, so...Lebron was getting better as that series went along. Scoring numbers: 12, 21, 21, 21, 35, 32, 45.
I know, indefensible series for Kobe. All Kobe haters will have that series forever on their side.
I kind of like how the Celtics lulled everyone into a false sense of security by dogging half the regular season. Cagey stuff.
Not me. I still like Boston out of the East.
Amare Stoudemire on Lamar Odom:"I'm not giving him no hype right now; he had a lucky game in Game 1," Stoudemire said after Suns practice Tuesday at Staples Center. "We just got to make sure we box him out. I think I focused so much on Gasol and Bynum to where he snuck in there and got 19 boards, so now we just got to make sure there's three guys out there that can rebound well when adding Odom. So, we got to do a better job on them."Um, yeah Amare, that's what people mean when they talk about how much size the Lakers have. You can't match-up with all of them.
What do you call a power forward that gets 3 rebounds in a game?
All Kobe haters will have that series forever on their side.
I would like the record to show that Kobe is actually my favorite active player.
half? what did they lose to the Hawks like 17 times?
29-23 over their last 52 games I believe. Not very impressive. That's what I expect out of the Heat.