****2010 Nba Playoffs Official Thread****

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure this number is much higher.
Yeah, I know this. lol
Pretty pathetic of the Cavs to just give up there with over a minute left.Congrats to Boston. Have fun losing to Orlando.
Me neither, I couldn't believe it. I really couldn't see how the announcers called this a "huge upset". I realize that according to alot of people Cleveland was supposed to win the title this year, but its not like Milwaukee beat them or something.

Dear Big Baby,If you want people to stop calling you Big Baby, maybe you should, you know, stop acting like a big baby.Just a thought, JoeyJoJo

I'm going to wait til Thursday to say what I've been wanting to say for a couple years. I don't need him dropping 45 in 6 & 7, and me having to retract statements.
Out with it!
Out with it!
A lot of people think Lebron is the best player in the league. Well, he's not. He's not even the second best player in the league. Dwyane Wade is. You can't guard Dwyane Wade. You can't gameplan for Dwyane Wade. You have to take the ball out of his hands, or accept what he has for you. He's simply a more complete basketball player. Much like Kobe, if you take one thing away, he has counters. Lebron has no counters, if he can't get to the basket or get out in transition, no other part of his game is efficient enough to beat a good team in a playoff series.
by the way, if anyone likes boston, I'll take orlando in a small series bet up to $50
I'll book this for $50 once the line comes outand Poppy I somewhat agree with you. I don't get the chance to watch enough NBA to really know either way who the best player is overall. But Lebron definitely needs to learn a postgame, it's just disgraceful that he let himself be shutdown by guys 4-5 inches shorter than him for the duration of the series. Also I think Lebron can put up very good stats without having a good game. Just an observation but if Wade drops a triple double you *know* about it. James had a triple double (although almost a quadruple with turnovers) in game 6 and had a pretty lousy game. I think that leadership and ability to make each rebound, point and assist count really do differentiate him from others at this point.
A lot of people think Lebron is the best player in the league. Well, he's not. He's not even the second best player in the league. Dwyane Wade is. You can't guard Dwyane Wade. You can't gameplan for Dwyane Wade. You have to take the ball out of his hands, or accept what he has for you. He's simply a more complete basketball player. Much like Kobe, if you take one thing away, he has counters. Lebron has no counters, if he can't get to the basket or get out in transition, no other part of his game is efficient enough to beat a good team in a playoff series.
Funny how I've been saying this forever, but everyone called me crazy and now everyone in the country is saying it.His game isn't really built for playoff basketball.
Funny how I've been saying this forever, but everyone called me crazy and now everyone in the country is saying it.His game isn't really built for playoff basketball.
I've been saying this for about two years to my friends, and they all think I'm crazy. Still do.Btw, anyone hear that rumor that before Game 4 Lebron found out Delonte West was banging his mom. Lebron's mom. There's a link and everything, but I don't want to find it.
I've been saying this for about two years to my friends, and they all think I'm crazy. Still do.Btw, anyone hear that rumor that before Game 4 Lebron found out Delonte West was banging his mom. Lebron's mom. There's a link and everything, but I don't want to find it.
I just read that rumour.Delonte West just might be crazy enough to screw around with LeBron's Mother and it would sure explain how horrible LeBron and the Cavs were in the last 3 games. Doubt we'll ever know if it's true or not.
I just read that rumour.Delonte West just might be crazy enough to screw around with LeBron's Mother and it would sure explain how horrible LeBron and the Cavs were in the last 3 games. Doubt we'll ever know if it's true or not.
my friend said that delonte walked up to a girl my friend knew in a bar and just stuck his finger up her ass with no warningI honestly believe he was hurt. He just didn't play like himself because of it. The elbow killed his outside shot and his aggressiveness - witness that first dunk he had where he just laid it in - it killed his short range jumper that he hit all day against the bulls and that makes him a one dimensional driver - once his teammates saw he was mortal they sh it themselves and panickedI love how everyone is he's a quitter he's a fraud I hope he signs with uswas he not built for the playoffs when he scored 48 against the pistons to lead a team of cripples to the finals?

And he sure produced a lot of wins against the spurs that postseason. You can't have it both ways. I mean he's won the east once, and that was four years ago with a much worse team around him. Ben Gordon put up 40-50 points against the Celtics last year, I guess he's a warrior built for the playoffs and destined to lead a team to greatness too.

Btw, anyone hear that rumor that before Game 4 Lebron found out Delonte West was banging his mom. Lebron's mom. There's a link and everything, but I don't want to find it.
I read that, I think its just some random shit that people came up with to have fun at his expense.That would really fuck up team chemistry though.
Kobe is a more complete scorer, no question. That's a different statement than complete player. You want to say that Kobe and Wade are more complete basketball players even though Lebron does everything better than them, but he just doesn't have counters? What is Wade's counter if he can't get to the basket or get out in transition?Do you think Lebron wouldn't have won a title either of the previous two years or this year if he was in Kobe's place?I did question Lebron's leadership in the hockey forum somewhere; I'll go find that...EDIT:
I think the Kobe/Lebron debate is interesting. Kobe has always been the "bad teammate," because he yells at guys when they screw up, isn't their friend, etc., etc., while Lebron has been the consummate teammate because everyone seems to get along. But maybe you need the Kobe-type to be the leader of a championship team. MJ was certainly that type. Bird had a nasty edge to the point that he and McHale kind of hated each other. Even Magic, who was always the smiling having fun guy, would kick guys in the ass if they didn't live up to his standards.
I think one of the announcers even talked about this during game 6. If you're going to be the fun-loving, goofing around team during the season, you need to still be that team in the playoffs, otherwise everyone gets too tight.
I did question Lebron's leadership in the hockey forum somewhere; I'll go find that...
Note to vatche: I wrote the quoted post in my above post before Bill Simmons' latest column that pretty much said the same thing. So I'm sorry for still sounding like him, but I just want to point out that it's not because I'm just parroting what he says.linkExcerpt:Because the other part feels as if we learned something substantial about LeBron James this spring. I always thought his ceiling looked like this: Jordan's DNA crossed with Magic's DNA crossed with Bo Jackson. Nope. Take the Jordan DNA out. Have to. Jordan was a ruthless mother******. Jordan was a killer. Jordan didn't care if his teammates despised him. Jordan never, ever, not in a million years, would have allowed his team to quit in the final two minutes of Thursday night's game the way LeBron did. His teammates feared him, loathed him, revered him and played accordingly. Bird had that same quality. In the second half of his career, so did Magic. Winning meant so much to those guys that their teammates almost didn't have a choice; they had to follow suit. Or else.The second half of that column probably should be in the Lebron thread where he calls going to Chicago the Michael Corleone move, going to the Knicks the Sonny Corleone move, the Clippers the Fredo move, and staying with the Cavs the Connie Corleone move.
This feels like the biggest NBA game since maybe Bulls Knicks in the 90's.
Lebron's team is gone now. Boston steal game 1 from Orlando.I'm seeing again Boston vs Lakers. :club:
Kobe is a more complete scorer, no question. That's a different statement than complete player. You want to say that Kobe and Wade are more complete basketball players even though Lebron does everything better than them, but he just doesn't have counters? What is Wade's counter if he can't get to the basket or get out in transition?Do you think Lebron wouldn't have won a title either of the previous two years or this year if he was in Kobe's place?
Lebron's a better rebounder and instinctual passer, but other than that what does he do better than Kobe against good defensive teams? Wade has a much more consistent jumper where you can't give it to him, opening up driving lanes.Sure, Lebron's better against teams on a nightly basis that don't have anyone in the middle or the defensive philosophies that the better teams have, but teams like Boston and Orlando shut off the paint and force him to shoot outside jumpers, and he's not going to beat you 4 out of 7 times doing that.No. Unless he dramatically improves the consistency of his outside shot, or develops a post-game it's going to take a unique situation for him to win the title as the main scoring option late in playoff games.
I did question Lebron's leadership in the hockey forum somewhere; I'll go find that...
I was just watching a docu on the Lakers of this year and thought of what you had said. There was a lot of references of the type of leader Kobe is, and his teammates backed up the kind of arguments you were making in the hockey forum. Kobe being the type of leader that might be harsh on his teammates, but they appreciate it in the long run.It was a very impressive display for the Lakers. But Im still rooting for Nash+Suns. :club: Holy crap, I posted in a forum that wasnt hockey....
Bunch of stuff that seems to make sense but I'm not sure I totally agree with it.
Lebron vs the Celtics last round, Kobe vs the Celtics 2008 finals:G --- FG% ---- 3p% ---- FT% --- OFF --- DEF --- RPG --- APG --- SPG --- BPG --- TO --- PPG6 --- 0.447 --- 0.269 --- 0.743 --- 1.5 --- 7.8 --- 9.3 ---- 7.2 --- 2.2 --- 1.3 --- 4.5 --- 26.86 --- 0.405 --- 0.321 --- 0.796 --- 1.3 --- 3.3 --- 4.6 ---- 5.0 --- 2.7 --- 0.2 --- 3.8 --- 25.7Maybe the Celtics are just really good at the whole defense thing. (Hold on, I just threw up in my mouth a little.)
Holy crap, I posted in a forum that wasnt hockey....
Welcome.

Question: one of the referees I've been annoyed with over the years is Bill Kennedy, every time he has a Celtics game I almost know that we're not getting calls. Is his relationships with Doc Rivers or the Celtics organization as a whole something you know about.Donaghy: That's a difficult question for me to answer because I certainly don't want to offend anybody... I'm just gonna come out and say it like it is. It's no secret on the staff that Bill Kennedy is a homosexual... I don't have any ill will towards gays or lesbians, but it was no secret that he's a homosexual. It was known around the league, it was obvious during a game Doc Rivers questioned his sexual orientation and I think that has stuck with Kennedy over the years and he has no love for Doc Rivers and the Boston Celtics.Bill Kennedy is reffing tonight's game.Although somebody did analyze Celtics games for when Kennedy referees versus when someone else does and found no disparity in the foul calls. So it seems to be perception more than reality. It's probably in Boston's heads more than anything.

Oh, and since you also mentioned the Magic as a team that he can't beat...Lebron vs the Magic last year, Kobe vs the Magic last year:G --- FG% ---- 3p% ---- FT% --- OFF --- DEF --- RPG --- APG --- SPG --- BPG --- TO --- PPG6 --- 0.487 --- 0.297 --- 0.745 --- 1.7 --- 6.7 --- 8.4 ---- 8.0 --- 1.2 --- 1.2 --- 4.2 --- 38.55 --- 0.430 --- 0.360 --- 0.841 --- 0.6 --- 5.0 --- 5.6 ---- 7.4 --- 1.4 --- 1.4 --- 3.2 --- 32.4