Adz124: Putting Daniel Negreanu On Notice

Also, if you didn't know who this kid was before yesterday than you must not play poker. Hes a nose bleed legend.
To call ADZ a legend is pretty silly.He's been around high stakes NL for quite a few years now and that's an impressive accomplishment but the average online poker player if they have any awareness of who he is will just lump him in with all the other high stakes players who they have no clue about. The average online poker player isn't a 21 year old who eats breaths and sleeps poker. I have a feeling that he probably was a bigger winner at the game a couple years ago which shouldn't be surprising based on the high limit NL situation. Recently it appears that he's grinding out a ton of hands at 10/20 and 25/50 and is a small winner. What he's doing is very tough to do and quite impressive but his biggest skill might be the ability to play a large volume and still beat the game.My guess is that ADZ is probably from a skill standpoint in a third group of NL players. If you concede the top group as being the Ivey and Durr's of this World and the few who can keep up with them. The second group would be the other players beating high stakes online such as the ones that Daniel has been playing with. Based on ADZ's results and his play when I've seen him playing with that second group of players and Daniel my guess is that ADZ is a dog against those players. Very good NL Holdem player, yes. Nosebleed legend, no.Many of the young online players love to show their disdain for the old time TV pros and how they are viewed by the general public. It's a valid point that many of their skills don't match up to their reputations but I think many of the young online players also overrate and look up to the successful online players too much. They aren't perfect players either and make mistakes and misreads too. Look at the hand in the 100/200 thread that Raptor played with AJ off out of position. If Daniel would have made that same play 15 people would have jumped in and said what a fish he is but because it's one of the players who has a big online reputation there weren't a lot of comments about it.To get back to marketability just look at who the top 20 vote getters are for the WSOP All Star game. They are all old time well known players. Not a single young online player in the bunch. Does that mean the old time players are better ? Of course not but it does make them a lot more marketable.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not agreeing with azd..just statin that he didnt say DN was not marketable. I dont think he has ever said that. for the record i 100% think dn is more marketable at this moment
at this moment and in the future you mean. there is NO ****ing way adz EVER gets half as popular or more marketable as daniel in his life !
To call ADZ a legend is pretty silly.He's been around high stakes NL for quite a few years now and that's an impressive accomplishment but the average online poker player if they have any awareness of who he is will just lump him in with all the other high stakes players who they have no clue about. The average online poker player isn't a 21 year old who eats breaths and sleeps poker. I have a feeling that he probably was a bigger winner at the game a couple years ago which shouldn't be surprising based on the high limit NL situation. Recently it appears that he's grinding out a ton of hands at 10/20 and 25/50 and is a small winner. What he's doing is very tough to do and quite impressive but his biggest skill might be the ability to play a large volume and still beat the game.My guess is that ADZ is probably from a skill standpoint in a third group of NL players. If you concede the top group as being the Ivey and Durr's of this World and the few who can keep up with them. The second group would be the other players beating high stakes online such as the ones that Daniel has been playing with. Based on ADZ's results and his play when I've seen him playing with that second group of players and Daniel my guess is that ADZ is a dog against those players. Very good NL Holdem player, yes. Nosebleed legend, no.Many of the young online players love to show their disdain for the old time TV pros and how they are viewed by the general public. It's a valid point that many of their skills don't match up to their reputations but I think many of the young online players also overrate and look up to the successful online players too much. They aren't perfect players either and make mistakes and misreads too. Look at the hand in the 100/200 thread that Raptor played with AJ off out of position. If Daniel would have made that same play 15 people would have jumped in and said what a fish he is but because it's one of the players who has a big online reputation there weren't a lot of comments about it.To get back to marketability just look at who the top 20 vote getters are for the WSOP All Star game. They are all old time well known players. Not a single young online player in the bunch. Does that mean the old time players are better ? Of course not but it does make them a lot more marketable.
I guess DN is using Bob's account until unbanned :club:(btw i agree with this )
I agree with all of what you have said. The bolded. Alot of people didn't comment to the same depth because he doesn't post here or say he is trying to learn. It was mentioned though, it was also mentioned that he potentially hit and ran the table .
lol @ people reiterating how marketable DN is on his own Poker Forum.
it is amazing that you have so few posts, because I so often read one of your new posts and thinking about how ridiculous you always sound
it is amazing that you have so few posts, because I so often read one of your new posts and thinking about how ridiculous you always sound
Ironic given how ridiculously bad that sentence is put together.
Ironic given how ridiculously bad that sentence is put together.
I am not sure you fully grasp irony. Either way, my point pertained to his concept and not to his sentence structure.I am fairly confident I am not alone on this subject either.

I think a true measure of how marketable someone is simply depends on who is more well known. I play poker fairly regularly, and follow it fairly regularly as well and I have never heard of Adz124 before this. I don't live/breathe poker, but I would honestly guess AT LEAST 50% of fairly regular poker players have never heard of ADZ. I would be willing to bet that 95% have heard of DN though. I don't know what ADZ is smoking but tbh he is just making himself look retarded by making these type of blog posts.

<3 Bob. Really.
WTF @ legend. I mean yeah, kudos to him for playing those stakes but he barely beats them.
Broke in 3 years. (Or at least not playing those stakes.)
I think a true measure of how marketable someone is simply depends on who is more well known. I play poker fairly regularly, and follow it fairly regularly as well and I have never heard of Adz124 before this. I don't live/breathe poker, but I would honestly guess AT LEAST 50% of fairly regular poker players have never heard of ADZ. I would be willing to bet that 95% have heard of DN though. I don't know what ADZ is smoking but tbh he is just making himself look retarded by making these type of blog posts.
This may be the funniest unnoticed remark in the history of FCP
+1
Also, if you didnt know who this kid was before yesterday than you must not play poker. Hes a nose bleed legend.
I don't know, man, I play a considerable amount of poker. And it's not like I'm oblivious to the online studs. I've just never heard of him. That certainly doesn't diminish his ability to play the game or anything.

Apparently DN & ADZ are "boys" now according to his twitter:"Guess who I partied with and we are now boys? If you guessed ADZ you'd have to be cheating but you'd be right.No cage match, all is squashed"

Apparently DN & ADZ are "girls" now according to his twitter:"Guess who I partied with and we are now boys? If you guessed ADZ you'd have to be cheating but you'd be right.No cage match, all is squashed"
fyp
  • 1 month later...