Hero Call Or A Good Read?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tragic turn of events. Be cool people.beer is a good night.blue label is better.seeing the hawks lose stinks, but wisely betting the red wings instead is nice.

wow I never noticed that.
You probably wouldn't make a good Mod then...(j/k)
a) We *could* do that. OrB) You could just disable emoticons when posting in a post which uses a list.
#1, its annoying to have to do that, but more importantly #2, even if emoticons are off, if someone quotes your post, they must also have emoticons off or the smiley will re-appear. No one ever really wants that smiley to appear when they type B), so it should be changed!!

I suggest we do it the other way around, and make the other list options shortcuts for emoticons as well:a) -> :club: c) -> :ts d) -> :4h ...etc. That would restore the coherent look of lists, and would make them look much more lively.Also: don't open limp.

#1, its annoying to have to do that, but more importantly #2, even if emoticons are off, if someone quotes your post, they must also have emoticons off or the smiley will re-appear. No one ever really wants that smiley to appear when they type B), so it should be changed!!
Why not just do what you did in the post I quoted, and use numbers for your list?The editor makes it really easy with a button for numbered lists and bullet points as well.Or if you have some sort of prejudice against numbers and bullet points, you could always use a period instead of parenthesis.A. LikeB. thisC. mang.
Why not just do what you did in the post I quoted, and use numbers for your list?The editor makes it really easy with a button for numbered lists and bullet points as well.Or if you have some sort of prejudice against numbers and bullet points, you could always use a period instead of parenthesis.A. LikeB. thisC. mang.
Yeah you guys are missing the point. Of course there are ways around it. But it takes two seconds for an admin to change the emotion text, and given that it is invoked by accident so often it should just be changed.
Dude, he can't make it any clearer. I mean between option A and option B), you are horrible at life you don't auto-pick B). Christ, look how ****ing cool it is. Just look at A, a couple of straight lines coupled together. You'd probably take the first showcase showdown too, right?Go hawks!!!!!!! Go beer!!!!!!!
I think you mean the first Showcase, not Showcase Showdown - the Showdown is spinning the big wheel.As someone who was on TPIR just 4 months ago and won the Showcase, I would know. :club:
I think you mean the first Showcase, not Showcase Showdown - the Showdown is spinning the big wheel.As someone who was on TPIR just 4 months ago and won the Showcase, I would know. :club:
Really? That's awesome....what was the showcase/what was the date of the show?
Yes you should open limp with it and call a raise. Then just lead into him for "info" to see if he has QQ+, or a worse hand like TT or AK. This will jsut completely negate that you have a hand and could instead be holding a napkin and an uno card because he is going to raise you with all hands that beat you (which you are going to fold to) and fold all hands that you beat (so you can just bet here with anything) This is the thought process of someone who doesn't understand how the game is REALLY supposed to be played. You just think "Well I have a good hand but since I just limp/called a raise his range is so wide now rather than if he 3 bet me that I'm going to have to "find out" where I am at" There's no mathematical equation behind that to show your best equity in each line you can take, it's just a bunch of horrible logic. You have two choices. You can A) get into that Hellmuth bubble and protect your ego and defend your play or B) admit you are wrong, be objective, and GROWGetting ridiculously defensive is only going to hinder your progress as a poker player. I'm done adding to this thread and I highly doubt youll ever get as good advice for free, so good job messing that up.
Thank you so very much. Genuinely!See I asked nicely at first and instead of helping me you insulted me and abused me. It took me to stick around 4-5 days and wind you up before I got the answer I was looking for.You are right, I played the hand badly, and your way makes so much more sense.What do you do if you are 3 bet by a LAG in this spot? Since we arent playing deeply. I fear its fold or shove if he 3 bets me. Tough to shove pre-flop with A-J early in the event?
What do you do if you are 3 bet by a LAG in this spot? Since we arent playing deeply. I fear its fold or shove if he 3 bets me. Tough to shove pre-flop with A-J early in the event?
I prefer shoving preflop here, and in other similar spots even when I don't have the nuts like AJ.I can tell you're fairly new to some advanced concepts, so you might not be aware of this.When you shove preflop, then you put your opponent to the test, and history dictates that he or she can't call without a hand that is way ahead of yours. So like, they'll fold a lot and you pick up the pot uncontested, because simple math shows they'll only have a much better hand something like 12.40 % of the time, so it's extremely profitable.Good luck!
I prefer shoving preflop here, and in other similar spots even when I don't have the nuts like AJ.I can tell you're fairly new to some advanced concepts, so you might not be aware of this.When you shove preflop, then you put your opponent to the test, and history dictates that he or she can't call without a hand that is way ahead of yours. So like, they'll fold a lot and you pick up the pot uncontested, because simple math shows they'll only have a much better hand something like 12.40 % of the time, so it's extremely profitable.Good luck!
I cant work out if you are being serious or if your giving me bad information based on the way this thread played out.All I can say is I hate the way this thread advanced. I dont enjoy wasting my time arguing on the internet.Back to the point, If I get 3 bet, then shove. I am certain my opponent is pot committed.
Really? That's awesome....what was the showcase/what was the date of the show?
Nov 20th 2009. Showcase included a dining room, maid service for a year, catered dinner for twelve, and a motor scooter. Also won my pricing game so came out pretty well on the day :club: Clips are on Youtube for sure, I apologize my phone web connection sucks so cant find the links myself at the moment.
Nov 20th 2009. Showcase included a dining room, maid service for a year, catered dinner for twelve, and a motor scooter. Also won my pricing game so came out pretty well on the day :club: Clips are on Youtube for sure, I apologize my phone web connection sucks so cant find the links myself at the moment.
Watching them now, pretty sick sweat on the showdown!
I envy you! congratz !! :ts:4h