Hero Call Or A Good Read?

Yet you are such an *******?Did the money change you? Or were you always that way?If I had $1.2mil, I wouldnt have the time or interest to troll on recreational players I will never know or meet!I would still be an all round nice guy also by the way.
He was trying to help you and you took it personally. /voice of reason
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had $1.2mil, I wouldnt have the time or interest to troll on recreational players I will never know or meet!I would still be an all round nice guy also by the way.
Do you honestly not realize he was trying to help you?
Yet you are such an *******?Did the money change you? Or were you always that way?If I had $1.2mil, I wouldnt have the time or interest to troll on recreational players I will never know or meet!I would still be an all round nice guy also by the way.
idk i told you why it was terrible in a black and white format and yet you threw random defenses taht included plays you either A) NEVER do (which is probably the most likely option considering other hands youve played)B) actually do, which are even more terrible (though again I don't actually believe you do those thingsso yeah just defend whatever you do when someone who knows 10,000X more about poker than you is telling you is 100% clear cut bad.I'm sure you are just playing $8 tourneys bc you are running bad right?
He was trying to help you and you took it personally. /voice of reason
Maybe I dont "get it" as Im not really an internet guy, I speak to people with the same grace and respect online that I would face to face.I guess I was naive to expect the same in return.

Turns out a few budweisers, a 75 degree chicago evening, and surfing the internet in the pitch black of my back yard CAN make even this thread a beautiful read.So did we decide, hero call or good read?What about the mutton vs. button mashing?Unlike the young guns/poker pros on here, I can only have so many beers to make this interesting without conclusion as I have to get up at 5am.Social D "story of my life" on right now. The story of my life, at this moment, is the above. Along with sweating a few baseball scores. I swear to god the times i call my buddy to put plays in with the man, but he CAN'T get them in, I have a 80% success rate. Wish I would have golfed today. Such a perfect day. Weeds got pulled though and the lawn got it's first cut. So at least the homestead looks great.I wonder how the bulls are doing. Part of me just wants them to choke it here so they don't have to go through the buzzsaw of cleveland. I don't want those ****ing ohioans getting any cummupance from the jordan era. Let's just bow out. Or if we even make the playoffs, maybe have a paxson vs. del negro PPV fight at the UC during game 1, not even travel to cleveland and just forfeit the game.Eewww, fall out boy on now, not bad, but just doesn't fit the groove-moment. A click ahead and new found glory's hit or miss comes on. Epic track. Pop punk ****ing rules. Haters can hate, but it's just a happy brand of music. Well that's all i got for now.

Maybe I dont "get it" as Im not really an internet guy, I speak to people with the same grace and respect online that I would face to face.I guess I was naive to expect the same in return.
Why should it matter? In person, people are going to sugar coat shit and try to make sure you keep doing the same retarded shit.
Do you honestly not realize he was trying to help you?
Initially yes, but when I offered my thinking, instead of embracing it he simply disregarded it, in what I thought was a rude manor.Im guessing he wouldnt do the same to my face. Which is sad. :club:
Why should it matter? In person, people are going to sugar coat shit and try to make sure you keep doing the same retarded shit.
You cannot disagree with someone in real life without it turning into a slanging match?I like to think of myself as a bit more of a balanced adult than that.
You cannot disagree with someone in real life without it turning into a slanging match?I like to think of myself as a bit more of a balanced adult than that.
Doesn't change the merit of the advice. Stop being a pussy.
Initially yes, but when I offered my thinking, instead of embracing it he simply disregarded it, in what I thought was a rude manor.Im guessing he wouldnt do the same to my face. Which is sad. :club:
when people do terrible things in poker and tell me face to face i say " man thats terrible"and when they make up lame ass defenses so that they dont look bad instead of actually accepting they palyed a hand bad and try to learn from it i say "wow thats terrible logic"but when they do listen, they get better. they dont call me a meaniehead for saying what i thought about their playask silkyjohnson, one of my friends cut him off in the middle of a long winded contradictory hand analysis and said "i don't know what i'm saying but ima keep talking" and we all LAUGHED bc we are MEN and dont take everything so ****ing seriously to the point where our feelings get hurt when someone disagrees with one of our poker playsi take it all back. WP on all hands, future star in the making here. ill send roses to apologize, wug address?
The fact that your feelings were hurt doesn't change that you're getting free advice from a really, really, really good poker player.
The fact that your feelings were hurt doesn't change that you're getting free advice from a really, really, really good poker player.
QFTedit: That means "quoted for truth".
idk i told you why it was terrible in a black and white format and yet you threw random defenses taht included plays you either A) NEVER do (which is probably the most likely option considering other hands youve played)B) actually do, which are even more terrible (though again I don't actually believe you do those thingsso yeah just defend whatever you do when someone who knows 10,000X more about poker than you is telling you is 100% clear cut bad.I'm sure you are just playing $8 tourneys bc you are running bad right?
Wow, the millionaire is throwing money in the face of the poor guy.Just because you have won money at poker does not mean that your way of playing every hand is perfect. Of course now I know that you are so successful then your opinion gains a lot of weight, but initially you could be some 12 year old boy that only plays facebook poker for all I know.Either way to be insulted by you with sarcasm and such leaves a nasty taste.
I wasnt disagreeing with you though. I was telling you that you are wrong.Its like I said stop signs are red and you gave some retarded defense as to why they aren't always red. i dont have patience for people who can't be objective or are stupid. Sorry :club:

If you don't think you have to make the right play a vast majority of the time to be good, you have another thing coming.The fact that he won a ton of money, DOES in fact mean that most of the plays he makes are correct.

Either way to be insulted by you with sarcasm and such leaves a nasty taste.
He's being sarcastic. A word of advice...if you ask for feedback on hands, you absolutely must have thick skin. Most successful players aren't going to sugar coat things. Rather than continuing to offer your "thought process" and defend your play, listen to what the better players are saying. They're not attacking you personally. They're attacking your play which is what you asked for. Try to understand what they're saying and ask pertinent questions if you don't understand. When you respond by regurgitating the same crap over and over, they are going to tire of it and you quickly.
Wow, the millionaire is throwing money in the face of the poor guy.Just because you have won money at poker does not mean that your way of playing every hand is perfect. Of course now I know that you are so successful then your opinion gains a lot of weight, but initially you could be some 12 year old boy that only plays facebook poker for all I know.Either way to be insulted by you with sarcasm and such leaves a nasty taste.
Your "way" of playing that hand is what we call "bad" and you probably wouldn't be poor if you werent so bad at poker so maybe you should listen !

Not sure how Bull is doing now, but read his posts in the Challege thread and see his progression when he listened to better players giving him advice in the same manner. Read how his responses were different than yours and how others' responses changed tone.Put it this way, if your friend open pushes 72o and busts to 44 you are going to tell him it's a terrible play either online or face to face. He tells you he hadn't played a hand in forever and last time he had AA he open pushed and got a caller or two so he thought he would rep AA and steal blinds. You tell him that's terrible logic and he goes on and on about how long it was since he played a hand and how the only time he open pushed he had AA. See any similarities???

when people do terrible things in poker and tell me face to face i say " man thats terrible"and when they make up lame ass defenses so that they dont look bad instead of actually accepting they palyed a hand bad and try to learn from it i say "wow thats terrible logic"but when they do listen, they get better. they dont call me a meaniehead for saying what i thought about their playask silkyjohnson, one of my friends cut him off in the middle of a long winded contradictory hand analysis and said "i don't know what i'm saying but ima keep talking" and we all LAUGHED bc we are MEN and dont take everything so ****ing seriously to the point where our feelings get hurt when someone disagrees with one of our poker playsi take it all back. WP on all hands, future star in the making here. ill send roses to apologize, wug address?
Do you enjoy this?Its almost like you are a messageboard bully.Im sorry I dont conform to being an Internet hard man.
Your "way" of playing that hand is what we call "bad" and you probably wouldn't be poor if you werent so bad at poker so maybe you should listen !
Ok, thank you for the advise sir

Plus you need to stop with this "the millionaire" bullshit.For one you don't talk about people on the forum boards based on winnings, but by ability. Those stats were simply provided to get you to ****ing realize that you are getting advice from a good one.Besides that is winnings. I'm pretty sure you need to factor in losses to reach a net value.....and then there's johnny IRS.Irregardlessly, you need to realize sir Scoobathon, is that by trying to act high and mighty, or "above the cut", you are posting a ton, and actually coming off as quite crass yourself at times. IRL (in real life), and especially in the forum world, the more you try and justify yourself, without fail, the more you will actually end up being and come off as being a douche.I think I'm gonna make some popcorn. That goes well with beer. Perhaps then I will continue with my backup to online poker, yahoo cribbage, and beat the shit out of some 80 year olds in their own game.You sure is a spartacus looking mutha****a loosh.