****official Miami Dolphins Thread*****

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than the bullying specifically, I think the NFL has a problem on it's hands with the way veteran players extort money from rookies. In any other workplace on earth, this would be considered an or

They're missing a great big chunk of their offensive line. You might've heard about that.

lol Gase getting hired by the Jets is just as good

I imagine their urban, hip-hop school systems do a pretty good job of identifying and treating things like that though.

"Check yo'self [for dizziness, headaches, or stomachaches while reading, common signs of dyslexia among teenagers], before you wreck yo'self. Boyeeeeee."

• Like 1

I can't imagine Dan Marino got out of single digits on the Wonderlic.

I spent a chunk of my afternoon reviewing notable results, and I think he ended up scoring somewhere around the 15 mark. Below average, solidly so for a QB

I spent a chunk of my afternoon reviewing notable results, and I think he ended up scoring somewhere around the 15 mark. Below average, solidly so for a QB

That's squarely in Aaron Hernandez country.

15 is rock bottom for a QB, there hasn't been another good-great QB with a lower score than that. For example, for all the QBs that were starting this year ( at the start of the season) the lowest was Jake Locker at 20.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1hfmp1/wonderlic_scores_for_each_teams_starting_qb/

Marino's greatness inspite of having a low wonderlic (for a QB) is an outlier.

15 is rock bottom for a QB, there hasn't been another good-great QB with a lower score than that. For example, for all the QBs that were starting this year ( at the start of the season) the lowest was Jake Locker at 20.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1hfmp1/wonderlic_scores_for_each_teams_starting_qb/

Marino's greatness inspite of having a low wonderlic (for a QB) is an outlier.

McNabb scored lower than Marino, I know. Not sure about anyone else.

Marino was a football savant and dumb as a rock otherwise. It's a huge upset that he is "ok" on television in the studio.

I remember after he tore his Achilles he was doing some sappy interview and the announcer noted a friend of his had a similar injury:

Announcer: have you commiserated with your friend?

Marino: I went to Pitt, I don't know what that word means.

Try to infer the meaning, Dan!

As Lebatard rails and I agree, Marino is useless on tv

To be fair, most all pregame sucks and I never watch, unless i see Shannon Sharpe, then you gotta stop

The only ex athlete I can think of whose commentary is worth anything to me is Jalen.

Cris Collinsworth is a huge douche but he isn't bad at announcing.

Marino isn't good Ron but I figure he'd be a wreck.

Yeah, I know, I wouldn't have put you in the conversation with me, scram and dutch, but since you inserted yourself in the peer group, I kept you in to be polite.

haha. I love you, BigD.

I couldn't hate Collinsworth more than I do.

• Like 1

Here is a sample test: http://espn.go.com/p...020228test.html

So, extrapolating, I'd have a perfect score and be the smartest player in the NFL. And also the weakest.

Coaching logic would prove accurate here, though, as I would 100% be the biggest problem in any locker room, in terms of ego and disruptiveness.

(Also, if you can pass the GED, you can get all of those questions right.)

If that's truly an accurate reflection of the test, it's pretty shocking.

If that's truly an accurate reflection of the test, it's pretty shocking.

It probably is, but remember, the big thing is the time. You've got, I think, just about 3:30 to finish all the questions in that example, and two of them (#11, #13) are intentionally designed to take longer than the 16 or so seconds most people would need to read the question, determine what is being asked, figure out the method to solve, and then do the math. When I took that ESPN PAGE 2 version all those years ago, I actually did it with a timer set to 3:45 (even though the site says 5:00) and no calculator.

I screwed one of the questions up because I was rushing through (the one about the matching sets of names), and I never caught it.

I got #13 (the one about the three investors and the proportions and whatever), but only after I skipped it and went back. It took me kind of a while to figure out, and without a calculator I actually, embarrassingly, found that my crude method involved a little guessrithmatic that worked out well.

I didn't have time to finish #11.

So, with what I'm sure is an easy version of the test, I got 13/15. It could have very, very easily have been worse if I'd gotten hung up on an easy problem and burned off 40 seconds, or if I hadn't realized that two of the questions were DESIGNED to burn up 1m+.

I can easily see how a bright guy gets lazy and scores a 20-24, especially if he's a slow reader, a poor test taker, etc. I've known a number of brilliant ****s that are terrible in test situations, usually because they read shockingly slowly, something I have never struggledwith.

It probably is, but remember, the big thing is the time. You've got, I think, just about 3:30 to finish all the questions in that example, and two of them (#11, #13) are intentionally designed to take longer than the 16 or so seconds most people would need to read the question, determine what is being asked, figure out the method to solve, and then do the math. When I took that ESPN PAGE 2 version all those years ago, I actually did it with a timer set to 3:45 (even though the site says 5:00) and no calculator.

I screwed one of the questions up because I was rushing through (the one about the matching sets of names), and I never caught it.

I got #13 (the one about the three investors and the proportions and whatever), but only after I skipped it and went back. It took me kind of a while to figure out, and without a calculator I actually, embarrassingly, found that my crude method involved a little guessrithmatic that worked out well.

I didn't have time to finish #11.

So, with what I'm sure is an easy version of the test, I got 13/15. It could have very, very easily have been worse if I'd gotten hung up on an easy problem and burned off 40 seconds, or if I hadn't realized that two of the questions were DESIGNED to burn up 1m+.

I can easily see how a bright guy gets lazy and scores a 20-24, especially if he's a slow reader, a poor test taker, etc. I've known a number of brilliant ****s that are terrible in test situations, usually because they read shockingly slowly, something I have never struggledwith.

I read a lot and have gotten pretty good at mental math I guess (it didn't occur to me to use a calculator), but I'd be stunned if it took me 3 minutes. I do see your point though, and even moreso I see your point that a lot of these guys would just say "**** it" and punt the test. And a fair % of the population shuts down at the sight of numbers, regardless of how smart they'd otherwise seem. I'm sure we all would be shocked by how poorly a lot of people we know would do. I think part of my point was more of a subconscious (i.e. conscious) brag.

Let's also keep in mind that these people are being given this test as students, with math and test-taking skills still practiced regularly. I'll bet if they gave them to veterans, the results would be even more hilarious. I doubt Brett Farve does a lot of practical arithmetic, day to day.

I read a lot and have gotten pretty good at mental math I guess (it didn't occur to me to use a calculator), but I'd be stunned if it took me 3 minutes. I do see your point though, and even moreso I see your point that a lot of these guys would just say "**** it" and punt the test. And a fair % of the population shuts down at the sight of numbers, regardless of how smart they'd otherwise seem. I'm sure we all would be shocked by how poorly a lot of people we know would do. I think part of my point was more of a subconscious (i.e. conscious) brag.

Let's also keep in mind that these people are being given this test as students, with math and test-taking skills still practiced regularly. I'll bet if they gave them to veterans, the results would be even more hilarious. I doubt Brett Farve does a lot of practical arithmetic, day to day.

What methods did you use to knock out #s 11 and 13? I'm no mental slouch, but I am pretty sure those questions are designed to be skipped, for the most part.

jay-z-pharrell-williams-2.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure Dez Bryant was doing hella word problems when he was at Oklahoma State