****official Miami Dolphins Thread*****

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than the bullying specifically, I think the NFL has a problem on it's hands with the way veteran players extort money from rookies. In any other workplace on earth, this would be considered an or

They're missing a great big chunk of their offensive line. You might've heard about that.

lol Gase getting hired by the Jets is just as good

This is awesome. Dolphins lose nothing when Matt Moore comes in which is a nice insurance policy.

Although, it has to concern you a little that nothing was lost when the backup came in. Don't get me wrong, was happy Moore played good and I actually expected him to, but don't you want your started blowing away your backup? I think in time, he will, so I'm not that worried. Heck, I wouldn't mind if Moore played next week. He's not as athletic, but I think he's a better passer right now. A tad Moore touch. See what I did there?! C'MON.

I wanted Moore to start so I'm not concerned at all. More a commentary on Moore's competence than any Tannehill deficiency. If Moore can still play Tannehill to a draw in two years, I'll worry.

I feel ok spreading the blame equally among the 3rd down defense, the line and Tennehill. The kid looked shaky in the 4th and I don't know if they were doing snap counts or silent counts, but those fast ends were killing the tackles.

Why does it seem like our TE's, WR's and backs don't get much separation? Do they not run enough crossing patterns, picks or are they not putting 4 and 5 guys in the pattern?

Definitely not going into standard Dolphin fan panic mode. I still feel ok about the team and the future. Bess and Hartline are solid, but they need a stud at WR and one at TE

They don't get separation bc they aren't that good. Period. There's a lot to like about Miami this year but the secondary was a joke today and needs serious help.

Also, they should let Jake Long walk at the end if the season. He will want big money and he isn't worth it anymore, Freeney owned him all day.

Ummmm, oooops

Good news: a couple more of those and the plague that is Jeff Ireland is gone. What a mess. I'm predicting the Dolphins are blacked out in two weeks against Seattle at home. No one is going to go after that performance.

It wasn't blacked out this week? Place looked empty.

I think Tannehill's success buys Ireland another year, maybe 2.

I don't mind them having a stinker. 17 was due for one. I was hoping he would chuck it around a little in the 4th. That didnt happen. I had no expectations this year so 6 or 7 wins and an experienced QB will be a victory for me

They have a lot of picks and cap space, so that's good. Franchise Long and buy a year, don't overspend on Bowe but make an offer. Draft playmakers early, start getting lineman in late rounds and free agent castoffs. I used to read TMQ, even though It can drone on and he sometimes works stats in his favor to make points, although I do like his no punting philosophies, anyway, back to my point, he always had the all castoff team of all pros and there was always value in lineman.

Amazing how little separation the receivers get. Stunning. And Bess is a good slot guy. Hartline, I can't make heads or tails of this talent.

Laughed when Mayock, who I really like, said that the Dolphins receivers can't run. He's good at his job.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get to watch the game, but hey, at least they won.

5 games left. Two "gimmies" with Buffalo and Jacksonville, but then SF and NE twice. I think they can beat SF, but I doubt they will. And I don't think they have any hope at all against NE in either game, but especially the last at the end of December.

I hope you're wrong, but I could see it happening.

Honestly even with the best case scenario of them winning out, or even just losing one more game, I don't know if that'll be enough to make the playoffs. AFC looks pretty strong this year,and I'm not sure 10-6 or 9-7 is gonna be good enough.

He got bailed out on the god awful interception in the endzone by that weak roughing the passer call. Looked decent on the final drive and that drive, before that pass. They need a better tight end as a safety blanket. Clay isn't a true tight end.

They need a lot.

Yeah that throw across his body was awful but the penalty was legit. You can't hit the QB up high. That will get called every time though the rule itself is weak.

We ultimately agree. Bad pass, crappy rule, accurate call.

Funny how offensive players can drop their heads and create helmet to helmet stuff, receivers can crack back and never get penalties. I totally appreciate trying to get rid of the launching into penalties, but I think it's being called too much

Nooooo.

Defense played solid until the last drive. They had to be worn down. 17 shows signs of excellence but will eventually need to get more consistent. Actually had some open receivers today and missed out on 2 scores, I think.

So conservative n O, or maybe it was jaut watching the Pats throw it 27 times vs 8 runs in the 1st half. Fins were 17/15 runs/throws. Open it up. Although, they do ok on the ground.

Great? He lost the game with a turd of a throw. Maybe the worst throw all year. Last drive of last week was solid. Again, excellence and crappiness combined. I'm encouraged by the great throws, when they happen. Hoping he gets his rookie mistakes out now and next year has a beast for a WR and Bess and Hartline can go back to being compliments. Also, a tight end