****official Miami Dolphins Thread*****

Take solace, fins fans, even God wants to see you get andrew luck. Also, in retrospect, sparano's 10-6 year was the worst thing that could have happened to the fins, because it put off their rebuild a couple years. Thought lebatard hammers him, I don't think Parcells gets enough credit for torpedoing this franchise.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than the bullying specifically, I think the NFL has a problem on it's hands with the way veteran players extort money from rookies. In any other workplace on earth, this would be considered an or

They're missing a great big chunk of their offensive line. You might've heard about that.

lol Gase getting hired by the Jets is just as good

Take solace, fins fans, even God wants to see you get andrew luck. Also, in retrospect, sparano's 10-6 year was the worst thing that could have happened to the fins, because it put off their rebuild a couple years. Thought lebatard hammers him, I don't think Parcells gets enough credit for torpedoing this franchise.
There is a columnist for the Broward county paper (Sun-Sentinel) named David Hyde who I don't love but he has been hammering Parcells regularly for two years now.Also, it was 11-5, but it was an illusion because of the crazy, easy schedule they had and they also god-moded close games that year. They didn't really "put-off" the rebuild though, they just whiffed on Chad Henne.....and as you said the Parcells blueprint no longer works. They tried to re-build by pouring money into the d-line and o-line---it's disturbing how many high picks they have spent on non-skill positions:Jake Long (1st round), Pouncey (1st round), Odrick (1st round), Langford (2nd round), Merling (2nd round). Five high picks in three years on non-playmaker spots. As much as I want Sparano gone, Jeff Ireland is even worse. And Parcells chose these clowns so...Making it worse, the o-line still sucks even after all the high draft picks and free agent money they have wasted on it. Add in Sparano's love affair with Cowboys who get cut and you end up with a team that spent tons of money/picks in all the wrong places (haven't even touched on giving injury prone center Jake Grove tens of millions of dollars) and can't generate points. So, when you blame Parcells, I support that 100%. But I disagree that they put off rebuilding after the 11-5 fluke. They just rebuilt with a stupid, outdated plan----and they didn't even execute that well. It's too bad because they don't seem to be completely horrible at spotting talent----Daniel Thomas looks good, Vontae Davis is fine, Cameron Wake was a great find, Davone Bess was a great find, Jake Long is fantastic. But the Parcells blueprint doomed them.0-16 feels very possible.
Making it worse, the o-line still sucks even after all the high draft picks and free agent money they have wasted on it.
This is definitely the worst part about it. Lebatard was railing on them after the previous week's game. How do you spend all this money on the o-line and then not go for it on 4th and inches?I wonder how many people on the Suck for Luck campaign have even watched Luck play. I've only seen him play a couple times and while he certainly might be a great QB, I don't know how much of that is clearly evident to the untrained eye. I couldn't tell why he is considered can't miss compared to other great college QB's.The Dolphins sent a strong statement to the Colts yesterday and the Colts responded with vigor.
This is definitely the worst part about it. Lebatard was railing on them after the previous week's game. How do you spend all this money on the o-line and then not go for it on 4th and inches?I wonder how many people on the Suck for Luck campaign have even watched Luck play. I've only seen him play a couple times and while he certainly might be a great QB, I don't know how much of that is clearly evident to the untrained eye. I couldn't tell why he is considered can't miss compared to other great college QB's.The Dolphins sent a strong statement to the Colts yesterday and the Colts responded with vigor.
I live 4 miles from Stanford and go to home games (im forced to since my family has season tickets, im a Canes fan []__[]). the dude is serious legit. i would trade five to seven picks to get him on the niners.
I've seen Luck play five full games over the last two seasons and that was enough (his bowl game last year sealed my opinion of him). Obviously, anyone can be a bust but he seems as close to a sure thing as you can find. He often calls his own plays, he is succeeding without overwhelming advantages at the skill positions, he moves well in the pocket, he has the prototype size and arm, and he doesn't seem like a headcase. Plus, he's a good all around athlete (I'm sure everyone saw the one-handed sideline catch he made on a trick play)....he reminds me a lot of aaron rodgers in that he can easily pick up 10 yards on a 3rd and 9 if they ignore his scrambling ability. And he worked for 3 years with Harbaugh who is making Alex Smith look like Troy Aikman. That has to help his overall development.It's all guesswork at QB to some degree but when people are THIS uniform on a prospect it's rare they screw up. The last time people freaked out like this over a QB it was John Elway. He did well. Actually, the more college football I watch, the more I feel like getting Landry Jones as a consolation prize wouldn't be so bad either.And yeah, the Colts really raised the suck for luck bar last night....but they still play Jacksonville twice and Tennessee at least once. The only doormat left on Miami's schedule is the Chiefs and they look not so horrible again lately. It's sad to me that Dolphins/Cowboys is the crappy laugher Thanksgiving game while Detroit will be having a contest with playoff implications.
The Dolphins sent a strong statement to the Colts yesterday and the Colts responded with vigor.
Hahaha
MIAMI HAS THE DOLPHINS.. IT HURTS TO WATCH THEM PLAY... THEY TALK BALL FROM GOAL... TO ONE... THEN FUMBLE IT AWAY...THEY CANNOT BLOCK, THEY CANNOT CATCH, THEY CANNOT EVEN PASS...THE BEST HANDS ON THE FOOTBALL TEAM ARE CAM-A-RILLO'S ASSYES THEY'RE THE... MIAMI DOLPHINS.. CUTE PLAYFUL DOLPHINS.. A LAMER MASCOT THERE CAN"T BETHIS IS WHAT HAPPENS... WHEN A TEAM'S NAMED AFTER.. A SMILING MAMMAL OF THE SEEEEEEEEEEEEA.... YEAH!
QFT
Poll up in the fort lauderdale paper now: who is most to blame for dolphins struggles---sparano, Ireland, Ross or parcells?Parcells is the far away leader. He just has a lot of league/media sycophants like keyshawn to protect him.
  • 2 weeks later...
Poll up in the fort lauderdale paper now: who is most to blame for dolphins struggles---sparano, Ireland, Ross or parcells?Parcells is the far away leader. He just has a lot of league/media sycophants like keyshawn to protect him.
from the three Dolphin games I've watched this year, it looks like a lack of focus and execution. The Dolphins will finish with a better record than the Colts and the Rams, but they need to get rid of Tony. He has lost the team and I don't think there is anyway he can get them back.
from the three Dolphin games I've watched this year, it looks like a lack of focus and execution. The Dolphins will finish with a better record than the Colts and the Rams, but they need to get rid of Tony. He has lost the team and I don't think there is anyway he can get them back.
oh, I hate Sparano. He's conservative to a fault and then he doesn't understand why the Dolphins blow leads. But, he's the difference between 2-5 and 0-7. The overall talent level is not there and that's a much bigger problem.
The overall talent level is not there and that's a much bigger problem.
I don't know, I think the Dolphins actually have some decent talent. They're not a super bowl contender, but I think they should easily have more than 1 win this season. They've proven that they can score and get a lead, but before this game it's like they just forget how to play in the 2nd half.I think the most aggravating thing for me as a fan, is to see how poorly they do in the red zone and on 3rd down conversions. You have Marshall, Bush, and even a guy like Fasano. Just hard to fathom how they perform so poorly in those two categories.Hypothetical question. Assume the Colts get the 1st round pick, and they're willing to trade it away, or draft Luck and trade him. You think there's anyone on the Dolphins roster they could give up that the Colts would be interested in taking?
Hypothetical question. Assume the Colts get the 1st round pick, and they're willing to trade it away, or draft Luck and trade him. You think there's anyone on the Dolphins roster they could give up that the Colts would be interested in taking?
jake long to start. plus the number two pick. plus a first next year. maybe a two as well.

Conventional wisdom says Miami would have to give up two firsts and two thirds at least to move up from 3-4 to the first pick. Very likely scenario IMO. Jon, fins are not devoid of talent but it's not a talented team. They are not deep and they have huge holes at safety, QB, 2nd WR, etc.

Might be cheaper to get them to trade Peyton than Luck.
I don't think I would be happy if they got Peyton. He's one of my favorite QBs and he's obviously hall of fame, but at best he might have 3-4 years left. I'd rather them go for the guy that could potentially be the franchise QB they've been looking for since Marino retired.

They won't need to trade for peyton is the thing. The colts can exercise an option before the season starts next year to pay him like 28 million or something. If they don't exercise it, he's a free agent. If they get luck, they won't exercise it. So miami won't have to trade anything. Signing Peyton and drafting Landry or barkley, playing peyton while they groom landrey would be a nice consolation prize.

They won't need to trade for peyton is the thing. The colts can exercise an option before the season starts next year to pay him like 28 million or something. If they don't exercise it, he's a free agent. If they get luck, they won't exercise it. So miami won't have to trade anything. Signing Peyton and drafting Landry or barkley, playing peyton while they groom landrey would be a nice consolation prize.
all true, but I still think Indy keeps Peyton and trades the pick if Peyton makes any substantial progress with his neck injury between now and the draft. Colts have a shit ton of holes to fill and QB is not likely one of them. They could use a heap of picks.
  • 2 weeks later...
Sigh. I love Robert griffin tho. He'd be fine.
Just wish I knew what's inspired the Dolphins so much that they're playing so well now.Do the Dolphins even have a shot of making the playoffs (assuming they could somehow win out, next week will be a real test)?

Yeah the afc is thin, 9-7 could do it but no way they beat NE in foxboro. 6-10 seems very possible. Just too bad sparano and co. cost them so many winnable games early. Blah.

They are playing so well, I think Sparano deserves a multi-year extension.
This is dumber than your position on the UC Davis protesters and thats saying a lot.