****official Miami Dolphins Thread*****

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than the bullying specifically, I think the NFL has a problem on it's hands with the way veteran players extort money from rookies. In any other workplace on earth, this would be considered an or

They're missing a great big chunk of their offensive line. You might've heard about that.

lol Gase getting hired by the Jets is just as good

do u guys think u guys get mcnabb in the off season or is that crazy talk?
We already have a disappointing, inaccurate QB. But I would not be surprised if it happens especially if they draft someone new in the first round (Cam Newton one time?!?!?!!?)
I think you should go for matt flynn, everything I've heard about him has been glowing.
I can never tell if you are serious but I would prefer we sack up and draft someone in the first round instead of trying to get lucky with a 2nd rounder (Henne and Beck).Plus, I am sure GB would want a lot for him. I don't know; today was just so depressing. I am glad the Heat have figured things out to a degree because otherwise I might have had to commit sports suicide.
I can never tell if you are serious but I would prefer we sack up and draft someone in the first round instead of trying to get lucky with a 2nd rounder (Henne and Beck).Plus, I am sure GB would want a lot for him. I don't know; today was just so depressing. I am glad the Heat have figured things out to a degree because otherwise I might have had to commit sports suicide.
Well, I was serious actually. I've been scouring back up qbs because one of my fantasy teams ( dynasty) is in desperate need of a back up, so I've been researching the back ups, trying to figure out which one is the most likely to break out next year, and I think it's FlynnOne problem you may have is that Peter King is reporting to day that Luck is seriously thinking of staying. If that happens, Then all the teams that need qbs ahead of you are going to take the next best thing, and I don't know that the fins will have a good enough draft pick to get someone like newton. If they do go for newton, they better get someone like mcnabb for the next couple.
I'll be pretty pissed if they pick up Mcnabb and make him the starter.
Well, it depends who they draft. If they had someone like Luck, I'd be pissed. but cam newton I think could use a year behind mcnabb or someone of that type
Well, I was serious actually. I've been scouring back up qbs because one of my fantasy teams ( dynasty) is in desperate need of a back up, so I've been researching the back ups, trying to figure out which one is the most likely to break out next year, and I think it's FlynnOne problem you may have is that Peter King is reporting to day that Luck is seriously thinking of staying. If that happens, Then all the teams that need qbs ahead of you are going to take the next best thing, and I don't know that the fins will have a good enough draft pick to get someone like newton. If they do go for newton, they better get someone like mcnabb for the next couple.
I was looking around and I think you might be onto something with Flynn. He might be less expensive than Kevin Kolb (who is the hot name in the papers down here).Agree with superjon that McNabb does not make much sense unless it is as a stopgap. If Luck stays, that really sucks for us and for him. Don't be Matt Leinart, guy.
I was looking around and I think you might be onto something with Flynn. He might be less expensive than Kevin Kolb (who is the hot name in the papers down here).Agree with superjon that McNabb does not make much sense unless it is as a stopgap. If Luck stays, that really sucks for us and for him. Don't be Matt Leinart, guy.
Well, the only reason I can think for him to stay, is if there's a lock out. If there is, he's probably better off staying in skill and getting another year of experience. Peyton Manning stayed for his senior year, not everyone's Lienhart.
  • 2 weeks later...

Loved this rant from a fish fan. Thought I would share.--------Enough is enough from my (formerly) beloved Dolphins.I've been a fan of the Fins since my favorite team was uprooted and moved to the Hoosier state in the early 80's. I've lived through a lot of ups and downs with the fish since that time and have always supported my team. Heck, I even made a few pilgrimages to Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Sun Life/Your Company Name Here Stadium.I've remained a Dolphins fan even in the face of very successful and well run franchises (BAL, PIT, PHI) being forced on me by the local TV stations for the last 25+ years. I wouldn't even attend the Super Bowl parade for my second favorite team (BAL) in 2000, because it just felt wrong. I liked them, but they weren't my team. Surely some day I would fly to south Florida to see the Aqua and Coral ticker-tape parade for the World Champion Miami Dolphins. We were so close for so long. Our time was certainly coming soon.BUT....I can do it no longer. The team sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the owner(s) and front office suck. I mean how bad does a situation have to be that SEVERAL guys turn down $7M/year to coach an NFL team?I can't watch that joke of an offense any longer. I can't cheer for a team that wants the game to be more of a party than a sporting event. I can't get excited for mediocre QB play. We ran Jay Fielder out of town because he couldn't win, but yet look at the parade of scabs, losers, and never-even-coulda-beens that have followed him. At least Fiedler kept us in games, and occassionally made tough plays to pull out a miraculous victory.Luckily we never signed Drew Brees. I mean that shoulder is just bound to give out any day now. Ask the Dolphins team doctors. They'll tell you. They told me that a few years ago too.And who could possibly argue with the use of a first round pick for Ted Ginn Jr.? Every team needs a first round punt returner who can't catch. I mean that's been a cornerstone position for Super Bowl winning teams since, well...never.I thought this year would be different. We signed Brandon Marshall. Brandon freakin Marshall. He's a beast. A genuine downfield weapon. Surely he can take some pressure off the run game and open things up in the passing game. Right? Well apparently the suck factor of the Dolphins can overcome the talent and potential of even the brightest stars.Well I can't take it anymore. I'm done with the Fish and I'm not coming back. It doesn't matter if Tony Sporano loads Henne, Marshall, Brown and Long on a plane and has them fly to my house and beg me to come back. I'm done. Finished. Kaput.I probably won't hate MIA. I mean it's not like they're the Cowboys, or even worse, the Steelers. But I just can't even care about them anymore. Teal and Coral, make way for Black and Purple.Deep discounts, Fire Sale prices. All this Dolphin cr@p must go.

• 2 months later...
Loved this rant from a fish fan. Thought I would share.
I agree with so much of this but you don't abandon your team because of some down years. The Lions would have no fans left and neither would the Jets. Yeah I said it.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...-?urn=nfl-wp702pennington tore his acl playing basketball. gg career?
His career was over when he hurt his shoulder again last year anyway.
  • 3 months later...
Suddenly Kyle Orton does seem exciting.
"sportsguy33 Bill SimmonsWho's breaking the news to Brandon Marshall that his 2011 QB's are Matt Moore & Chad Henne? Can this moment be televised?"
"sportsguy33 Bill SimmonsWho's breaking the news to Brandon Marshall that his 2011 QB's are Matt Moore & Chad Henne? Can this moment be televised?"
@LeBatardShow Dan LeBatard ShowYou wanted more QBs or more at QB. Dolphins give you Moore, QB.

That is a depressing series of posts. SJ, I don't really love the idea of Kyle Orton at all (especially at the money he wanted) but it's a lot better than what we have.Ugh.

• 2 weeks later...
No idea who this Matt Moore guy is, but can we just make him the starter?
I think it's probably an open competition now. Henne was just awful last night; the first quarter action with the starters was embarrassing.Good news: If Henne remains the starter, the Dolphins officially join the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.
That is a depressing series of posts. SJ, I don't really love the idea of Kyle Orton at all (especially at the money he wanted) but it's a lot better than what we have.Ugh.
ill trade you alex smith for a pair of gym socks?