Hate to sound like an "ADULT", but my advise to any of you would be to stay in school and get your degree even if you feel you can play poker for a living. Remember, almost all poker players go broke at least once during their careers. Having a degree would make it easier for you to get a job in a time where you need to rebuild your bankrolls.
In that case, go straight for the masters degree so you actually will get that job and not look at the past 4 years as fun-time money pit. :shock:
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to sound like an "ADULT", but my advise to any of you would be to stay in school and get your degree even if you feel you can play poker for a living. Remember, almost all poker players go broke at least once during their careers. Having a degree would make it easier for you to get a job in a time where you need to rebuild your bankrolls.
In that case, go straight for the masters degree so you actually will get that job and not look at the past 4 years as fun-time money pit. :shock:
Yeah I'm getting my Masters while Remaining Debt-Free through College... I know I'm lucky to be able to do this, thank god for Poker and The Stock Market.
Yeah I posted that it wasn't the Only reason. Iveyfan, I would not have made it, I partied too much as it was here in Wisconsin. I will admit that I am lucky to be one of the people who doesn't need to study and enjoys and excels in writing papers and reading.I just called my dad, he said that they would have relocated to Atlanta or Kentucky for the schooling. He did not want me in Florida.
i hear ya... i partied at uf alot. i hada few friends that went there..nothing like being in gainsville when uf played fsu...unreal...dont get me wrong, we party in fl.. i just knew there was a time and place for it...i really enjoyed growing up in fl and now that im no longer there, i really miss it...i do agree that the schools here are over crowded, and underfunded..so if your family felt the need to move you for education sake, i guess it was the right move..
I am from Florida....my parents were so terrified of the high schools in my area (West Palm Beach--my options were either a god awful public school or a private Catholic school (no good I am a member of tribe)) that they got me to go to boarding school in Connecticut....it was ok but I often wonder how different my life would be if I had a normal high school experience...
i was actually born in west palm, lived there off an on for most of my life...i noticed the decline of the lake worth area my last stint living there..pretty area that is now like a wasteland ...love the fort lauderdale/boca raton area....
Yeah no doubt, the areas surrounding west palm (riviera beach, lake worth, boynton, etc.) have kinda gone downhill.....west palm is pretty nice though the new cityplace area is great