I didn't think this deserved it's own thread, and it didn't fit in any other thread, so I'll justtemporarily hijack this one:Harry Reid's Office
That's not an actual sound bite from Joe Biden... right? Please no.
  • Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Tancredo cannot win a general election (you cannot win in politics by saying incredibly controversial and sometimes crazy things) and if all three candidates are on the ballot the Democrat will win by default with 40-45% because Tancredo will siphon the far right and immigration buffs from a group that was never voting Dem anyway.I honestly believe the GOP will blow 5-7 seats in this manner in the fall. Just enough to keep the Dems in control of both houses which kinda sucks. If the GOP took over the House and the Dems kept the Senate, that would be perfect.
Unless Maes drops out, which he shouldn't, then Tancredo has pretty much solidified support for hickenlooper. gg.http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?sto...0&catid=339I hate politicians, so this stuff is just awesome to me. Repubs never thought Maes would win, now repubs are withdrawing support in the hope that Maes drops out. Repubs won't win with Maes and Tancredo both running.
Unless Maes drops out, which he shouldn't, then Tancredo has pretty much solidified support for hickenlooper. gg.http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?sto...0&catid=339I hate politicians, so this stuff is just awesome to me. Repubs never thought Maes would win, now repubs are withdrawing support in the hope that Maes drops out. Repubs won't win with Maes and Tancredo both running.
It's happening in the Delaware Senate race too. The moderate GOP candidate is a lock.....but he is looking like he might lose the primary to some Palin clone.....who is projected to get waxed in a general election....and even John Cornyn admitted that the GOP can't take back the Senate without that seat.Thanks for the 100 bucks BG.
It's happening in the Delaware Senate race too. The moderate GOP candidate is a lock.....but he is looking like he might lose the primary to some Palin clone.....who is projected to get waxed in a general election....and even John Cornyn admitted that the GOP can't take back the Senate without that seat.Thanks for the 100 bucks BG.
I think the repubs have something up their sleeve, probably some revelation on maes that could force him to withdraw. Although, if he's smart he stays in to punish his party, because fuck them if they can't get a viable candidate, try harder next time assholes. If he withdraws, so does tancredo and the repubs run whoever they decide. I don't think this is quite over.
This pre-supposes that the dems are organized and ready to implement a strategy of unified forward thinking.My $100 isn't quite as dangerously leveraged as you imply.

I think there is something bigger going on. IMO many rank file rebublicans are tired of the leadership and direction, much more then the leaders of the parety realize or believe. I think the tea party movment will strengthen the party in the long term but it will almost certainly cost it a seat or two or three this fall. Bottom line is there are many many many quite voters whos primary concern is fiscal conservatism. The Reagan votes are just waiting for somebody to step forward and he will win in a landslide.I know many dies hards on here will disagree but they need to focus on fiscal conservatism and let individuals worry about their own morals. again just my opinion but focusing on the moral issues has been the parties biggest mistake over the last 20 years.What would Reagan do? I am hoping Christie is the guy who turns Barak into a modern Jimmy Carter!! And the sad reality is that will be easier to do if the Democrats keep a larger portion of control for 2 more years....we just need to be sure we are close enough in seats so when Dems start to crack (they already are being to) it all falls apart.Never under estimate the ablity of a Democrat to screw up.

HOW COULD ANYONE FEEL THE TEA PARTY HAS RACIST UNDERTONES???? HOW???A national leader of the conservative Tea Party movement has been strongly criticized by Islamic civil rights leaders for referring to the proposed site of a New York City mosque as a place for Muslims to worship "the terrorists' monkey-god." Tea Party Express organizer Mark Williams blogged on his Web site last week that the mosque - to be constructed near the former site of the World Trade Center - would be a "monument ... for the worship of the terrorists' monkey-god and a 'cultural center' to propagandize for the extermination of all things not approved by their cult." Williams, who also referred to "animals of Allah," was rebuked Thursday by the Council on American-Islamic Relations. The group issued a release Wednesday calling on other Tea Party activists to repudiate Williams' remarks. "It would be shocking if such ignorant comments failed to elicit a strong response not only from Tea Party leaders, but from other parties throughout the political spectrum," CAIR National Legislative Director Corey Saylor said. For his part, Williams was unapologetic toward Muslims. "In the course of the article I described the 'god' worshiped by terrorists as 'a monkey god,'" he wrote on his Web site. "I was wrong and thatwas offensive. I owe an apology to millions of Hindus who worship Lord Hanuman, an actual Monkey God." Hanuman is known to followers of the Hindu faith as a symbol of strength and devotion, among other things. Hanuman "is known as a destroyer of evil and to inspire and liberate," Williams said. "Those are hardly the traits of whatever ... it is that terrorists worship and worthy of my respect and admiration not ridicule." The twin towers of the World Trade Center in Manhattan were destroyed in an attack by al Qaeda terrorists on September 11, 2001. akoff, I agree 100% that if the GOP had not spent 20 years on social issues things would have been different and better.....but it is getting hard to believe the Tea Party is just about fiscal conservatism.....seems like it is rooted more in anger both at profligate spending and brown people.

A national leader of the conservative Tea Party movement has been strongly criticized by Islamic civil rights leaders for referring to the proposed site of a New York City mosque as a place for Muslims to worship "the terrorists' monkey-god."
Strangers with Candy:Jerri: Orlando, you can't be a pilgrim. The pilgrims had snowy white skin to match their pure Christian souls. They didn't sacrifice coconuts to their monkey gods.
HOW COULD ANYONE FEEL THE TEA PARTY HAS RACIST UNDERTONES???? HOW???A national leader of the conservative Tea Party movement has been strongly criticized by Islamic civil rights leaders for referring to the proposed site of a New York City mosque as a place for Muslims to worship "the terrorists' monkey-god." Tea Party Express organizer Mark Williams blogged on his Web site last week that the mosque - to be constructed near the former site of the World Trade Center - would be a "monument ... for the worship of the terrorists' monkey-god and a 'cultural center' to propagandize for the extermination of all things not approved by their cult." Williams, who also referred to "animals of Allah," was rebuked Thursday by the Council on American-Islamic Relations. The group issued a release Wednesday calling on other Tea Party activists to repudiate Williams' remarks. "It would be shocking if such ignorant comments failed to elicit a strong response not only from Tea Party leaders, but from other parties throughout the political spectrum," CAIR National Legislative Director Corey Saylor said. For his part, Williams was unapologetic toward Muslims. "In the course of the article I described the 'god' worshiped by terrorists as 'a monkey god,'" he wrote on his Web site. "I was wrong and thatwas offensive. I owe an apology to millions of Hindus who worship Lord Hanuman, an actual Monkey God." Hanuman is known to followers of the Hindu faith as a symbol of strength and devotion, among other things. Hanuman "is known as a destroyer of evil and to inspire and liberate," Williams said. "Those are hardly the traits of whatever ... it is that terrorists worship and worthy of my respect and admiration not ridicule." The twin towers of the World Trade Center in Manhattan were destroyed in an attack by al Qaeda terrorists on September 11, 2001. akoff, I agree 100% that if the GOP had not spent 20 years on social issues things would have been different and better.....but it is getting hard to believe the Tea Party is just about fiscal conservatism.....seems like it is rooted more in anger both at profligate spending and brown people.
Try googling the name name Mark Williams. After my first reaction which was "Who the **** is Mark Williams?" I went ahead and did ye olde Google search and it turns out the whole first page is articles talking about the Tea Party kicking him out, and most of these are from back in July.I mean, page 1 through 5 has not one story talking about how the Tea Party supports this guy,unless you count his own website. Not one. Look for your self. I mean, one Radical Muslim doesn't make them all bad, does it? Or did I err in thinking that is your normal line of logic? Or, does that only apply when you see fit?
Try googling the name name Mark Williams. After my first reaction which was "Who the **** is Mark Williams?" I went ahead and did ye olde Google search and it turns out the whole first page is articles talking about the Tea Party kicking him out, and most of these are from back in July.I mean, page 1 through 5 has not one story talking about how the Tea Party supports this guy,unless you count his own website. Not one. Look for your self. I mean, one Radical Muslim doesn't make them all bad, does it? Or did I err in thinking that is your normal line of logic? Or, does that only apply when you see fit?
Yeah he wrote that abe lincoln letter back in july. Of course, he was the head of the biggest PAC in Tea Party for 18 months before he got kicked out but they got there eventually. And are you saying my logic is right now?
Yeah he wrote that abe lincoln letter back in july. Of course, he was the head of the biggest PAC in Tea Party for 18 months before he got kicked out but they got there eventually. And are you saying my logic is right now?
I just think you should bring up the fact that he was kicked out, it kind of changes the story a bit, don't you think?I'm saying you are inconsistent. 1 Bad, killer Muslim= Islam is religion of peace. 1 Bad, racist Tea Partier= Tea Party is racist. Looking at your posts this is what one would gather and it's inconsistent at best.
I just think you should bring up the fact that he was kicked out, it kind of changes the story a bit, don't you think?I'm saying you are inconsistent. 1 Bad, killer Muslim= Islam is religion of peace. 1 Bad, racist Tea Partier= Tea Party is racist. Looking at your posts this is what one would gather and it's inconsistent at best.
Actually, really looking at my posts would see a lot of examples of racism from the tea party AND an acknowledgement that this does not mean the whole Tea Party is racist. However, when people try to explain away pictures of Obama the voodoo doctor and the fact that birthers are STILL around....well, I just can't resist pasting a story about the Muslims monkey god. When conservatives try to pretend that there is NO racism in the Tea Party, that is hilarious.Personally, I want to give the Tea Party a collective hug. They are going to win me 100 bucks from Balloon Guy. Also, while i deplore certain fringier parts of their message, you cannot deny they are principled in that they hate anyone to the left of them even moderate GOPers. Never thought I would see the day when Bob Bennett was too liberal for the GOP but we're there.
Actually, really looking at my posts would see a lot of examples of racism from the tea party AND an acknowledgement that this does not mean the whole Tea Party is racist. However, when people try to explain away pictures of Obama the voodoo doctor and the fact that birthers are STILL around....well, I just can't resist pasting a story about the Muslims monkey god. When conservatives try to pretend that there is NO racism in the Tea Party, that is hilarious.Personally, I want to give the Tea Party a collective hug. They are going to win me 100 bucks from Balloon Guy. Also, while i deplore certain fringier parts of their message, you cannot deny they are principled in that they hate anyone to the left of them even moderate GOPers. Never thought I would see the day when Bob Bennett was too liberal for the GOP but we're there.
I think the honest statement is that racism exists in any party, it's not exclusive to or anything defining of the tea party. I don't know any conservatives dumb enough to say that there is zero in the Tea Party. As far as being strongly against the left, yeah. I get that from the message. I ****ing love it. They want to eliminate the status quo. That's a good thing, the status quo got us where we are now.Also, incidentally, I read some of Marks stuff on his website. Pretty solid shit. If anyone bothers reporting the rest of his message to the public the Tea Party will look fantastic.
http://blog.reidreport.com/2010/07/tea-par...m-the-coloreds/and then read thishttp://todayinteabaggery.com/2010/07/16/ab...-mark-williams/
As far as being strongly against the left, yeah.
No, they are not just strongly against the left. They are also strongly against the center and the center-right which is new. Conservatives being against the left is nothing original. That's standard.Mark williams is an idiot, end of story.
Also, incidentally, I read some of Marks stuff on his website. Pretty solid shit. If anyone bothers reporting the rest of his message to the public the Tea Party will look fantastic.
Just because you agree with his talking points doesn't change the fact that the guy is a raging racist douchbag.
Priceless stuff. Good point SweetDee, this guy has TONS to offer the political discourse! I don't think I will be bothering to delve deeper into this psycho's opinions.

Does the Republican Party really want people like Christine O'Donnell to be their new face ?http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/02/c...tml?ref=twitterKarl Rove sure seems to hate the idea that people like her are winning nominations over people who actually have a clue.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jlh1EsgS7Q...player_embeddedAnd here's a little humor.http://todayinteabaggery.com/2010/09/15/10...stine-odonnell/

Does the Republican Party really want people like Christine O'Donnell to be their new face ?http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/02/c...tml?ref=twitterKarl Rove sure seems to hate the idea that people like her are winning nominations over people who actually have a clue.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jlh1EsgS7Q...player_embeddedAnd here's a little humor.http://todayinteabaggery.com/2010/09/15/10...stine-odonnell/
If, as akoff implied, the tea party was just about fiscal responsibility.....that's not so bad. Looks like some of the Tea Party favorites are even socially nuttier than the mainstream GOP. Great. Luckily, O'Donnell is a huge underdog in the general election.Glad we have another "I'm in favor of SMALL government except when I tell you to stop jerking off, you heathen" conservative in the mix.
If, as akoff implied, the tea party was just about fiscal responsibility.....that's not so bad. Looks like some of the Tea Party favorites are even socially nuttier than the mainstream GOP. Great. Luckily, O'Donnell is a huge underdog in the general election.Glad we have another "I'm in favor of SMALL government except when I tell you to stop jerking off, you heathen" conservative in the mix.
Equating being for small government with no government is where you err.You can have lots of laws, laws good for the community standards we the people set, and still have few employees on the public largess.And thanks for the Mark whats his name search cause
Just because you agree with his talking points doesn't change the fact that the guy is a raging racist douchbag.
Leave Scram out of this until he at least weighs in himself.
Equating being for small government with no government is where you err.You can have lots of laws, laws good for the community standards we the people set, and still have few employees on the public largess.And thanks for the Mark whats his name search cause
Can't see the link my work filter blocks it. Blah. Don't you mean "we the Christians"?
Can't see the link my work filter blocks it. Blah.
Its the model for what all political ads should be forever. If elected absolute ruler, I promise to make this the law, right before I ban them completely.
Don't you mean "we the Christians"?
Same thing...