I'll take the bet.$100 says we get control of both house and senate in the next election cycle.Bet is off if there is a tie and the scummiest Republican switches sides again to give the democrats control.
Done. Thanks, you guys have zero shot at the Senate. Charlie Crist is an independent now, guess I gotta vote for him.
  • Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that if the Republican party put up only candidates that would be able to pass the purity test, that more or less people would vote Republican?
Less by a significant margin; lots of wedge issues on there.
Done. Thanks, you guys have zero shot at the Senate. Charlie Crist is an independent now, guess I gotta vote for him.
So you are giving that the house is lost...to a party that is shrinking and doing horribly wrong things like driving out the majority of their members...Interesting ability to compartmentalize your facts from your truths.
So you are giving that the house is lost...to a party that is shrinking and doing horribly wrong things like driving out the majority of their members...Interesting ability to compartmentalize your facts from your truths.
It is shrinking in the long term; short team anger at government always helps the opposition party. Actually, I would put the House at 50/50 (it's a LOT of seats to make up) but the Senate is 95/5 to stay Democrat imo.
It is shrinking in the long term; short team anger at government always helps the opposition party. Actually, I would put the House at 50/50 (it's a LOT of seats to make up) but the Senate is 95/5 to stay Democrat imo.
Wanna bet on it?I should warn you that I have not paid any attention to anything other my belief in the goodness of the American people, my wish that things get better for this country, and my firm knowledge that neither one of us will demand the other one pay up.
Wanna bet on it?I should warn you that I have not paid any attention to anything other my belief in the goodness of the American people, my wish that things get better for this country, and my firm knowledge that neither one of us will demand the other one pay up.
oh come on it's 100 bucks. I would pay up if I lost.No I don't want to bet on the house only; I think it will be super close.You can get out now if you want or we can reduce the amount of the bet.....no big deal. I know the balloon business is hurting.
oh come on it's 100 bucks. I would pay up if I lost.No I don't want to bet on the house only; I think it will be super close.You can get out now if you want or we can reduce the amount of the bet.....no big deal. I know the balloon business is hurting.
Shoot no, I am in for $100.But if I win it will be paid in cigars...We all know how you lawyers are free and loose with the laws of this country so I can get me some Cubans through your lax morals!
Shoot no, I am in for $100.But if I win it will be paid in cigars...We all know how you lawyers are free and loose with the laws of this country so I can get me some Cubans through your lax morals!
and I live in Miami!
and I live in Miami!
I watch Burn Notice, you guys have a lot of explosion there.And no mountains..I couldn't live without at least a 10,000' mountain within eye sight.
Time for you to get back to work.I am done for the day, too hot in the office, so I am going to go golfing.
see ya, I have actually been quite productive this whole time. Maybe not as productive as I could have been. Break 80....

Just, uh, out of curiosity: If the Democrats retain control of both houses in Nov. and it's not really that close, then what do the republicans do? I mean, do arguments change at all? Does the Tea Party lose their legitimacy? Is the country still "losing faith in Obama?"....or are we going to have 2 years of deja vu?

Just, uh, out of curiosity: If the Democrats retain control of both houses in Nov. and it's not really that close, then what do the republicans do? I mean, do arguments change at all? Does the Tea Party lose their legitimacy? Is the country still "losing faith in Obama?"....or are we going to have 2 years of deja vu?
somebody answered his own question....
somebody answered his own question....
I swear that it made more sense in my head. :club: What I mean is: Will the current "legitimate" arguments (Obama's a muslim/illegal, americans are "angry", Obama's a communist) be around a year from now if/when Democrats retain control of both houses? Will other, just as ridiculous arguments just take their place?Is there anyone here that actually believes Obama's a muslim/illegal/communist or do we have a consensus that it's pure BS and make these arguments with a nod and a wink?I hope this one made sense.
I swear that it made more sense in my head. :club: What I mean is: Will the current "legitimate" arguments (Obama's a muslim/illegal, americans are "angry", Obama's a communist) be around a year from now if/when Democrats retain control of both houses? Will other, just as ridiculous arguments just take their place?Is there anyone here that actually believes Obama's a muslim/illegal/communist or do we have a consensus that it's pure BS and make these arguments with a nod and a wink?I hope this one made sense.
See, Americans are angry and those arguments delivered with a nod and a wink help give them a secret muslim commie face to direct their anger at. It's a tried and true tactic and it is not going away no matter what happens in November.There were a lot of liberals who probably favor serious drug reform who eagerly jumped on the Bush is a coke-monkey wagon or the Bush is an idiot bandwagon (when really he is just a standard legacy kid with serious public speaking issues). What ticks me off about some of the crap Obama deals with is that he dispelled some of these arguments. Bush is an idiot is pretty nebulous; the issue of where Obama was born is a provable fact and he has done so to the satisfaction of the Republican governor of Hawaii (who personally tackled the issue) as well as the US courts and even most conservative commentators (although not Rush and Beck because it drives ratings----there has NEVER been a bigger egomaniac than Beck). Yet, the issue just chugs along randomly popping up. It's amazing.
See, Americans are angry and those arguments delivered with a nod and a wink help give them a secret muslim commie face to direct their anger at. It's a tried and true tactic and it is not going away no matter what happens in November.There were a lot of liberals who probably favor serious drug reform who eagerly jumped on the Bush is a coke-monkey wagon or the Bush is an idiot bandwagon (when really he is just a standard legacy kid with serious public speaking issues). What ticks me off about some of the crap Obama deals with is that he dispelled some of these arguments. Bush is an idiot is pretty nebulous; the issue of where Obama was born is a provable fact and he has done so to the satisfaction of the Republican governor of Hawaii (who personally tackled the issue) as well as the US courts and even most conservative commentators (although not Rush and Beck because it drives ratings----there has NEVER been a bigger egomaniac than Beck). Yet, the issue just chugs along randomly popping up. It's amazing.
it's amazing? pull your head out of the sand. People are finally realizing that there is no substance to Obama and when the layers start to unwind everything becomes in doubt...do i think he was born here? problably but I don't believe for a minute it matters to Obama, I don't believe for a minute the NY times, washington post, MSN or the rest of the media would report it. Granted Fox would and seeing how they have not proven anything I guess he was.The American public doesn't trust this President, he was elected in a moment of weakness by a ground swell from the stupid and well inteneded....being led by extreme left they were dumb enough to follow and they are not happy with what they have gotten. It was certainly predicatable and here we are. You can only sell chicken shit and call chicken salad fo so long before the public figures it out. With help of the state controled media Barak got elected...but the clock is ticking.I love desparate scared liberals....tick tick tick
it's amazing? pull your head out of the sand. People are finally realizing that there is no substance to Obama and when the layers start to unwind everything becomes in doubt...do i think he was born here? problably but I don't believe for a minute it matters to Obama, I don't believe for a minute the NY times, washington post, MSN or the rest of the media would report it. Granted Fox would and seeing how they have not proven anything I guess he was.The American public doesn't trust this President, he was elected in a moment of weakness by a ground swell from the stupid and well inteneded....being led by extreme left they were dumb enough to follow and they are not happy with what they have gotten. It was certainly predicatable and here we are. You can only sell chicken shit and call chicken salad fo so long before the public figures it out. With help of the state controled media Barak got elected...but the clock is ticking.I love desparate scared liberals....tick tick tick
Jeez, dude, do you ever relax? Are you always so filled with spiteful generalizations, and so little substance. Reading your posts is hardly ever rewarding.
Jeez, dude, do you ever relax? Are you always so filled with spiteful generalizations, and so little substance. Reading your posts is hardly ever rewarding.
SEE YOU IN NOVEMBER BRAH
I am relaxed but thanks for the concern. i am actually concerned for the little guys that get screwed by the Democrats. Think about it, my standard of living hasn't changed at all, i made roughly 15 percent less in 09 then 08 but it doesn't change anything. i have been lucky to take this opportunity to purchase several distressed properties at roughly 40 to 50 percent of the appraisal and two them turned a profit the first month i had them. I had a good manger there and wanted him happy and productive.This is why i pay my people more then the going rate!! The manager of the facility i just bought got a 6k raise the day i bought it and a bonus plan to make 10k more if he hits the goals.i learned along time ago the better off the middle class is, the better off the rich are going to be and the wealthy...well that is a place i hope to see someday!!
Ok, so he is from America but the media would not report it if he was not except for Fox and if the public (or more accurately 55% of the public) does not trust him.....it is ok that a bunch of lies are floating around about him that have been debunked? And that makes liberals desperate and scared? We are not the ones running around telling people the sky is falling and America is being stolen.None of what you wrote makes sense.
i learned along time ago the better off the middle class is, the better off the rich are going to be and the wealthy...well that is a place i hope to see someday!!
Well, I agree with this. But I just don't agree with the fact that the little guy has been screwed by the Democrats. The stimulus, unemployment extensions, and healthcare are all aimed at helping out the less fortunate.It's the rich who are going to get stuck with the bill in a few years and have their taxes hicked to pay off Obama's debt. But, that's been the plan the whole time, pretty much.
Well, I agree with this. But I just don't agree with the fact that the little guy has been screwed by the Democrats. The stimulus, unemployment extensions, and healthcare are all aimed at helping out the less fortunate.It's the rich who are going to get stuck with the bill in a few years and have their taxes hicked to pay off Obama's debt. But, that's been the plan the whole time, pretty much.
A wiie man once said, the poor have been voting democratic for 50 years and they are still poor...