do we need a low?PokerStars Game #42463758714: Tournament #259401664, $2.00+$0.20 USD Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit - Level XXIV (2000/4000) - 2010/04/10 12:49:59 ETTable '259401664 19' 9-max Seat #9 is the buttonSeat 2: PuzzleX3 (53862 in chips) Seat 3: IamiN4u (61752 in chips) Seat 4: foxpaus (22988 in chips) Seat 5: RiverPaysMe (64323 in chips) Seat 6: pseudologia (12760 in chips) Seat 7: Laskur (113684 in chips) Seat 8: lolina mae (41409 in chips) Seat 9: pittgunn (69516 in chips) PuzzleX3: posts small blind 2000IamiN4u: posts big blind 4000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to IamiN4u [Kh Jd Ks 4h]foxpaus: folds RiverPaysMe: folds pseudologia: folds Laskur: folds lolina mae: raises 10000 to 14000pittgunn: folds PuzzleX3: foldsIamiN4u:?????

ughghhh gross, i wanna say we are praying for half so i say yes, but i think we may be just deep enough to take a flop. I hate just chasing high's. nit fold pre or take the flop and see.

I folded but i think it's very close (haven't done the math though) espcially since most people will raise A2xx a lot in that position.btw if someone is kind enough to link an omaha 8 odds calculator, i would appreciate it :club:.

This is like super definite fold AINEC unless you have a read that this person is willing to raise A4C in the CU.KK is cute and all, but you are single suited an only running one way. Awful place to get 16% of your chips in the middle OOP. The later into these tournies one gets, the far shallower the stacks get vs. blinds. There's no way I'm committing this much of my stack preflop without ANY sort of low draw. It just won't happen, and I'm pretty sure it's bad business however you slice it. I'd love to see the #'s to prove me wrong, but even with an expanded range inc any low draw, we're puttnig ourselves in a precarious spot for sure.

This is like super definite fold AINEC unless you have a read that this person is willing to raise A4C in the CU.KK is cute and all, but you are single suited an only running one way. Awful place to get 16% of your chips in the middle OOP. The later into these tournies one gets, the far shallower the stacks get vs. blinds. There's no way I'm committing this much of my stack preflop without ANY sort of low draw. It just won't happen, and I'm pretty sure it's bad business however you slice it. I'd love to see the #'s to prove me wrong, but even with an expanded range inc any low draw, we're puttnig ourselves in a precarious spot for sure.
I was wrong, I've run some hands ( 4 low cards, 2 low and 2 high cards, 4 high cards) overall I have 36% to scoop (+-3%)and im getting 2-1 so this is a fold. I actuallly folded because I thought it would be really hard to play the hand out of position and shoving seemed too spewy.
  • 3 weeks later...
I was wrong, I've run some hands ( 4 low cards, 2 low and 2 high cards, 4 high cards) overall I have 36% to scoop (+-3%)and im getting 2-1 so this is a fold. I actuallly folded because I thought it would be really hard to play the hand out of position and shoving seemed too spewy.
The additional factor you need to think about is what happens when the flop comes down T 7 3 rainbow and the villain open shoves. You have no clue where you stand as far as the one side of the pot you are playing for is. This is the perilous area where you begin to justify a call in your head because you are ahead now, even though your equity in the pot has plummeted vs. any low draw with paired board, which is typically your opponents bulk of range. Not only is the starting price sketchy preflop, the reverse implied odds create a very thin place to be wading around.
  • 2 years later...

very easy fold but with a decent low to go with your kings you can jam and hope for a fold but be flipping or decent fav vs the vast majority of this late position raisers range when you get in...