• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HMMM we are closer

Bye Santos.
Sergio Santos traded for Nestor Molina.Good trade structure for both - trading from strength to fill a weakness. Molina immediately becomes the White Sox best pitching prospect (if you don't count Addison Reed) and Santos is the Jays new closer.Both are interesting players - converted guys so they're a little old, but have been pitching for such a short time, you have to consider them to have some serious upside too, on top of fantastic 2011 results. Then again, both have only had one good season, so there's lots of risk.Scouts don't seem to love Molina. His stats don't lie, but the Florida State League is a great pitcher's league too. He'll need another excellent year to be considered a 'top' prospect. Glad the Jays traded him, mostly because we're lucky to have a ton of similar young arms.I just hope Santos is as good as he was last year. Those are some solid stats. He may not be Rivera, but with that contract, he only needs to be serviceable. If he's anywhere near as good as last year, he is a sensational bargain. The three reasonable option years make that a really fantastic contract.From the Jays perspective, another great trade. Avoided an expensive FA with questions, picked up a good closer with upside to be a great one, are paying him less over the next 3 years than most teams pay their 3rd best reliever, and have 3 option years which will be bargains if he doesn't falter.
  • 2 weeks later...

Darvish posting period has ended. Technically, no results until Tuesday, but will probably get leaked before then. Don't see why not - the Japanese team has until Tuesday to accept or decline a bid - there is no negotiation - at this point they already have decided what amount it will take...according to rumours, they'd take something a helluva lot lower than they're going to get. Why not just announce it ASAP?Rumours are flying today that the Jays are the high bidders. I'm not getting too hopeful though - seems like in the AA generation, every player is rumoured to be going to the Jays...and the only signings/trades we actually make are ones no one hears about before they happen.He'd be a great fit for the Jays, and hopefully would encourage attendance as well. Would love to see him or Fielder signed, but neither will be cheap, and there are too many people interested in both to say I'd be disappointed if we got neither.

Looks like he signed with the Rangers. So no, he sucks. And whatever idiot in Toronto's office or wherever starting rumours that Toronto is a serious bidder/trade partner for every significant player really needs to shut the hell up.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like Izturis/Bonifacio a lot. Izturis can play 2B/SS/3B, Bonifacio can play pretty much anywhere. Very strong utility guys, who I also wouldn't hate to see starting if someone gets hurt, needs a day off, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

that post comes off too harsh because I love Jose Reyes. I was doubly mad because I found out about Jose and Kobe at almost the same time.

Jose get well soon I love you and I'm sorry.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...