Was This Played Correctly? Newbie Poster

Since I am a new poster, I will give a little background first. I have been playing live/online off and on for about 10 years. A few months ago I decided to actually play poker instead of gambling with poker. I am on Poker VT and have been reading the forums and learning alot. Here is a hand that I played earlier today and got criticized by the loser on how I played it. Here is the hand. I did not have a read on the guy because this was the 10th hand or so after I sat down. Corsa65 is me.Cake PokerHand#2191011513000776 - Chelsea (6-Max) 11513 -- $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em -- 2010/04/05 - 11:30:10Seat 1: MrKy***1 ($128.25 in chips) Seat 2: tigh***2 ($93.35 in chips) Seat 3: murk***3 ($79.30 in chips) Seat 8: regi***8 ($98.50 in chips) Seat 9: snak***9 ($18.50 in chips) Seat 10: Corsa65 ($121.50 in chips) DEALERMrKy***1: posts small blind $0.50tigh***2: posts big blind $1Dealt to Corsa65 [9d,8d]murk***3: foldsregi***8: foldssnak***9: raises to $2Corsa65: calls $2MrKy***1: calls $1.50tigh***2: calls $1*** FLOP *** [6d,6s,7s]MrKy***1: bets $3tigh***2: foldssnak***9: foldsCorsa65: raises to $9MrKy***1: calls $6*** TURN *** [3d]MrKy***1: checksCorsa65: checks*** RIVER *** [9s]MrKy***1: checksCorsa65: bets $13MrKy***1: raises to $41Corsa65: calls $28***SHOW DOWN***MrKy***1: shows [8s 8c] (Two Pairs, Eights and Sixes )Corsa65: shows [9d 8d] (Two Pairs, Nines and Sixes )Corsa65: wins $105 with Two Pairs, Nines and Sixes This is the chatter we had afterwards:MrKy***1 chats: "well good call i guess"Corsa65 chats: "thought you missed the flush"Corsa65 chats: "your bet size was off a bit"MrKy***1 chats: "you are stupid?"MrKy***1 chats: "the flush came on the river"MrKy***1 chats: "knew you had this hand"Corsa65 chats: "yes, but only 4 card. you check on turn, then represent flush"MrKy***1 chats: "i knew you are thin value"His Pre-Flop bet and flop betting made me think flush or high pair. When he checked the turn, I felt he was weak with flush draw only. His check/raise and bet size on the river just felt suspect. First Did I play this hand badly and get extremly lucky, or was my read good and he played bad. Second, what does he mean by "i knew you are thin value".Thanks!!CorvairShaggy

1. Welcome to the forum.2. We have dedicated sections for Strat posts, depending on the game you're playing. Post these in the appropriate section for better feedback. 3. I bet the turn because we don't have a made hand yet, and we can get non-spade Ax combos to fold. River is a snapcall against the worst bluff ever, or most passively played 1010 ever.

eventually theyll run out of people and have to
Has anyone else noticed the huge amount of epic first post threads lately? I swear to god everytime I log on there is a new one that makes me laugh for about 20 min straight. Not so much this one, though :(Not really sure why I quoted Lurbz there. Didn't mean to.
Has anyone else noticed the huge amount of epic first post threads lately? I swear to god everytime I log on there is a new one that makes me laugh for about 20 min straight. Not so much this one, though :(Not really sure why I quoted Lurbz there. Didn't mean to.
because quoting me usually means someone is trying to make a joke about me, therefore more people will read your post anticipating a humorous response to something i said previously