Isildur1 Gets Staked By Tonyg...

Don't know if anyone started a thread about this yet but seems to be an interesting situation a brewin....Poker News Article on Isildur1 and Tony G

Isildur1 Accepts Tony G's Staking Offer for PartyPoker Big Game IVMarch 31, 2010, Matthew ParvisThe world will finally get to cast eyes on the man of international poker mystery, Isildur1; the online poker player who has been the talk of the town for months has accepted Tony G's staking offer and will play against some of the world's best in London for the PartyPoker Big Game IV.PartyPoker's Big Game IV is slated to take place at the Les Ambassadeurs club in Mayfair, London, from April 11 through 13. Isildur1 will sit down in the cash game, which runs for 48 hours straight, to face off against Tony G himself, Luke Schwartz, Phil Laak, Jennifer Tilly, Isaac Haxton and others.A blog from Tony G is expected at some point later today with details, but when initially offered , "The G" not only offered to stake Isildur1 in the game, but also to pay for his flights, hotels and expenses while in town. It's unclear whether Isildur1 will be revealing his identity, or whether he will be wearing a mask or disguise.One thing is clear: an appearance by Isildur1 makes the upcoming PartyPoker Big Game IV one of the most anticipated events in recent memory.

I'm thinking something along the lines of this..buckethead.jpg

I thought it had been revealed that Isildur1 is Viktor Blum?
It's going to remind me of that show that FOX had that reveals magicians secrets w/ that dude that wears a mask, "as to not reveal his identity".
Isn't it in bad form to stake a player for a game that you will be sitting in on?
I dunno for sure but I'd assume that'd be the case. I wouldn't like that if I was one of the other players.
Isn't it in bad form to stake a player for a game that you will be sitting in on?
Tilly has been doing this for years. I don't think people would really care. Whatever it takes to get Jennifer in the game.
not unless anyone has any objections and you make sure to tell the table prior .. wasnt benyamine staked by patrick on alot of the hsp shows ? and also a couple others like illari
Tilly has been doing this for years. I don't think people would really care. Whatever it takes to get Jennifer in the game.
Who stakes tilly?
Sam Simon
FYPAlso, how big is this game going to be. 25-50? 200-400? Most of the people listed don't play legitimately high stakes cash games except laak when he super nits it up on HSP once a year. There was a british cash game show a year ago or so that was 25-50 with some of these same players on it and it was painfully boring.
FYPAlso, how big is this game going to be. 25-50? 200-400? Most of the people listed don't play legitimately high stakes cash games except laak when he super nits it up on HSP once a year. There was a british cash game show a year ago or so that was 25-50 with some of these same players on it and it was painfully boring.
it's usally 25-50

I'm surprized he agreed to do this after not revealing his name for so long.