Palin Is Starting To Get On My Nerves

David Frum: Good riddance to Sarah PalinDavid Frum really doesn't think much of Palin and as usual I agree with him.
Palin will never become a party elder stateswoman. Over the past three years, it became apparent to all but a handful of cultists that her only interests were money and celebrity. She had no concept of public service, and no capacity to serve even if she had wished to do so. Soon even those last cultists will quietly abandon the argument. We talk often these days about makers and takers. Sarah Palin was the ultimate taker. She abandoned her post as governor of Alaska to cash in on lectures and TV. She squeezed her supporters for political donations and spent the money on herself. To adapt an old phrase, she seen her opportunities and she took ‘em. In the end, she exploited, abused, or embarrassed almost everyone who had believed in her. Most embarrassing of all: she was never even a very good con artist. Everything that was false and petty and unqualified in her was visible within the first minutes of encountering her. The people she fooled were people who passionately wished to be fooled. To that extent, what was important in her story was not the faults and failings of Sarah Palin. There have always been grifters in politics. What was important in her story was the revelation of conservatism’s lack of antibodies against somebody with the faults and failings of Sarah Palin. That’s the story that should trouble us still
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Frum really doesn't think much of Palin and as usual I agree with him.
David Frum's Q rating = .005Sarah Palin's Q Rating = 86Sour grapes?
What was important in her story was the revelation of conservatism’s lack of antibodies against somebody with the faults and failings of Sarah Palin.
Uh, I don't really think this problem is unique to conservatives. Has he noticed who the president is?
Sara Palin is not the president.
That's exactly my point. Palin has something like 3% support among Republicans. Obama had something like 80% support among Democrats even after a year in office. So what's that about lacking antibodies against this kind of thing?
That's exactly my point. Palin has something like 3% support among Republicans. Obama had something like 80% support among Democrats even after a year in office. So what's that about lacking antibodies against this kind of thing?
Maybe I wasn't clear. Barak Obama is not Sarah Palin.
Maybe I wasn't clear. Barak Obama is not Sarah Palin.
He's certainly shown no sign of competence since he's been in office; he appears to lack even a rudimentary understanding of economics.
He's certainly shown no sign of competence since he's been in office; he appears to lack even a rudimentary understanding of economics.
it's been fun watching you go off the deep end. the problem is you disagree with the economics system embraced by the VAST majority of business schools in this country; it's not that Obama doesn't understand it.Also, he's pretty competent at killing terrorists.As for Frum's article, that's not news. Anyone who has been paying attention knows Sarah Palin has been on an extended money grab since she quit being Governor. Tbh, I'm a lot more impressed than I am outraged. Palin may not be book smart but she is incredibly street smart and she built her own little media fiefdom out of thin air. If the rednecks of America want to waste the tiny fraction of the wealth that has trickled down to them from our plutocrat rulers on Sarah Palin, that is their problem.