Palin Is Starting To Get On My Nerves

She won't really run, but she certainly wants people to think that there's a chance that she'll run for some time to enhance her brand.She's not so stupid to think that she has a chance in a general election, right? I mean, she quit her job as governor of a state with less people than Brooklyn to do a reality TV show.
There's talk of her moving to Arizona and running for office here. This is frightening because Arizona is doing it's best to battle places like Texas and Kentucky for most-religious-bigoted-misogynistic-idiot gub'ment electin' state.
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/on...idnight-ride-/1Sarah Palin gives her account of Paul Revere's rideHe who warned, uh, the … the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringin' those bells and, um, by makin' sure that as he's ridin' his horse through town to send those warnin' shots and bells that, uh, we were gonna be secure and we were gonna be free … and we were gonna be armed.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/on...idnight-ride-/1Sarah Palin gives her account of Paul Revere's rideHe who warned, uh, the … the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringin' those bells and, um, by makin' sure that as he's ridin' his horse through town to send those warnin' shots and bells that, uh, we were gonna be secure and we were gonna be free … and we were gonna be armed.
She really is the comedic gift that keeps on giving.
Sarah Palin gives her account of Paul Revere's ride
It's about as accurate as what most people think is accurate.*Listen my children and you shall hearOf the midnight ride of Paul RevereBut don't listen too long 'fore you go grab a musketcuz Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck wit."*According to Cracked.Edit: This post should in no way be construed as a defense of Sarah Palin. Whatever it is she was saying there was awful.
THAT WASN'T THE STUPIDEST THING SHE SAID TODAY, while visiting historic and, uh, history-filled, uh, Boston.
It was there that Palin, responding to reporters’ questions, happily fired away at Romney with some of the sharpest comments of her unusual tour, which she insists is designed only to highlight America’s great historical sites. Blasting the former Massachusetts governor’s 2006 universal health care law, which is a model for President Obama’s law, she said Romney would have a “big challenge’’ appealing to Tea Party activists, who “are pretty strident in a good way.’’“It’s tough for a lot of us independent Americans to accept [the mandate] because we have great faith in the private sector and our own families and our own businessmen and women making decisions for ourselves — not any level of government telling us what to do,’’ she said. “In my opinion, any mandate coming from government is not a good thing.’’
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/articl...ston_nh/?page=2Either that's slightly out of context and she is talking only about healthcare in that last line, or else she doesn't know what the word mandate means, or else she just says things that sound right-wingy and smartsy and she actually is that stupid.When she runs her slogan should be, "Palin for President: She'll put a stop to government!"
No, no... I think the whole Revere warning the British and warnin' shots and bells stuff was more stupid.
Video of her history lesson

The dumbest thing she said was that time she said there were 57 states... that was hilarious.

Either that's slightly out of context and she is talking only about healthcare in that last line
Uh, that's what she said IN context.Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of hers, but I don't randomly hate her and pick apart every sentence like so many people do.This hobby of trying to spin everything she says into proof of stupidity is a bit ridiculous.
Uh, that's what she said IN context.Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of hers, but I don't randomly hate her and pick apart every sentence like so many people do.This hobby of trying to spin everything she says into proof of stupidity is a bit ridiculous.
Yeah, there is more than enough you don't have to spin.
But she's an interesting case, right? Because she's on the verge of running for President (or possibly doing so). So, we need some means of judging whether she's worthy of the job. But she has long since resigned as governor, and she was the governor of the 4th smallest state (in population). She is in essence a professional tv personality and speaker. Her job is sound bytes. If we can't judge her based on those, what is left?This quote isn't so much about what she said. I don't blame a person for not knowing the details of Paul Revere. It's about the fact that she did absolutely no back research and then, having done no research, she still felt comfortable BSing in front of cameras in an attempt make an awkward statement about gun control. It's the fact that she just doesn't care about the fact that she's ignorant of things, and she doesn't care with a passion.
Uh, that's what she said IN context.
Yes but it's still unclear if she meant, 'Any mandate coming from the government about health care is not a good thing,' or if she actually meant, 'Any mandate coming from the government is not a good thing.'
In my opinion, any mandate coming from government is not a good thing.
The fact that she says any mandate makes it unclear that (or if) she is still talking about healthcare. When I said I wonder if it was in context, what I mean is that obviously she kept talking. She probably said hundreds and hundreds of words and reporters wrote down a few dozen, so it's tough to tell the full context of her statement.
But she's an interesting case, right? Because she's on the verge of running for President (or possibly doing so). So, we need some means of judging whether she's worthy of the job. But she has long since resigned as governor, and she was the governor of the 4th smallest state (in population). She is in essence a professional tv personality and speaker. Her job is sound bytes. If we can't judge her based on those, what is left?This quote isn't so much about what she said. I don't blame a person for not knowing the details of Paul Revere. It's about the fact that she did absolutely no back research and then, having done no research, she still felt comfortable BSing in front of cameras in an attempt make an awkward statement about gun control. It's the fact that she just doesn't care about the fact that she's ignorant of things, and she doesn't care with a passion.
The thing to judge her by is the other 99% of what she says that can't be characterized as a slip of the tongue. If the media played over and over every mis-speak by Obama and/or Biden, they would look like total idiots.As Cane said, with all the crazy she talks, acting like those slip-of-the-tongue moments matter is a bit silly.
The thing to judge her by is the other 99% of what she says that can't be characterized as a slip of the tongue. If the media played over and over every mis-speak by Obama and/or Biden, they would look like total idiots.As Cane said, with all the crazy she talks, acting like those slip-of-the-tongue moments matter is a bit silly.
You're assuming it was a "slip-of-the-tongue".
You're assuming it was a "slip-of-the-tongue".
Well, the whole thing was sort of rambling, like she got off the prepared remarks and couldn't get back on track. So no, I don't think she's stupid enough to not know which side Paul Revere was on, I think she just forgot what she was talking about -- something that anyone who talks in public as much as politicians will do eventually.Anyway, this whole incident is nonsense compared to some of her crazy political positions.

Well Palin herself says it was not a slip of the tongue:Palin: I didn't mess up Paul Revere historyhttp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43285196/ns/politics/Sarah Palin insisted Sunday that history was on her side when she claimed that Paul Revere's famous ride was intended to warn both British soldiers and his fellow colonists."You realize that you messed up about Paul Revere, don't you?" "Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace asked the potential 2012 presidential candidate."I didn't mess up about Paul Revere," replied Palin, a paid contributor to the network."Part of his ride was to warn the British that were already there. That, hey, you're not going to succeed. You're not going to take American arms. You are not going to beat our own well-armed persons, individual, private militia that we have," she added. "He did warn the British."

"He did warn the British."
"The British are coming! The British are coming! Oh hey here's some British people. More of your people are coming and they are on your side, but we're gonna like kick all of your asses so beware!"
Well Palin herself says it was not a slip of the tongue:Palin: I didn't mess up Paul Revere historyhttp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43285196/ns/politics/Sarah Palin insisted Sunday that history was on her side when she claimed that Paul Revere's famous ride was intended to warn both British soldiers and his fellow colonists."You realize that you messed up about Paul Revere, don't you?" "Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace asked the potential 2012 presidential candidate."I didn't mess up about Paul Revere," replied Palin, a paid contributor to the network."Part of his ride was to warn the British that were already there. That, hey, you're not going to succeed. You're not going to take American arms. You are not going to beat our own well-armed persons, individual, private militia that we have," she added. "He did warn the British."
Well that's an ... um.... interesting premise.

I mean can we all admit she should not be President officially or really hold any office ever again? Anyone with a lick of sense would take 5 f-ing minutes to look up the actual Paul Revere story so as to not get it completely wrong a 2nd time. She's a quitter and she doesn't believe in preparation. It's sad because she appeals to a large segment of America and she could do a lot of good if she wasn't a complete moron.To be so confidently wrong is a sight to behold. Warning the British was the opposite of what Paul Revere did!

I mean can we all admit she should not be President officially or really hold any office ever again? Anyone with a lick of sense would take 5 f-ing minutes to look up the actual Paul Revere story so as to not get it completely wrong a 2nd time. She's a quitter and she doesn't believe in preparation. It's sad because she appeals to a large segment of America and she could do a lot of good if she wasn't a complete moron.To be so confidently wrong is a sight to behold. Warning the British was the opposite of what Paul Revere did!
I wouldn't vote for her for City Dog Catcher and would greatly prefer it if she'd shut her goddamn mouth and fade back into complete and utter obscurity. How anyone this utterly clueless gained any political prominence whatsoever speaks volumes about the profession as a whole. If the GOP runs her as anything in 2012 they deserve the Reagan/Mondale style ass whupping they're going to receive.
I mean can we all admit she should not be President officially or really hold any office ever again?
Yes, i can agree to this, it has very little do with her comments on this particular topic...she doesn't isn't a president in my opinion.
I wouldn't vote for her for City Dog Catcher and would greatly prefer it if she'd shut her goddamn mouth and fade back into complete and utter obscurity. How anyone this utterly clueless gained any political prominence whatsoever speaks volumes about the profession as a whole. If the GOP runs her as anything in 2012 they deserve the Reagan/Mondale style ass whupping they're going to receive.
they won't run her...no shot.