$2/$4 Live Question Scared Money

Sorry just posted...but I am not sure if this is the right sectionHey All,I am new to this so I'll try me best to articulate.My friend is playing a home game when the following hand comes up just before time to go home...Hero is UTG ($900) with 3h3c. he limps $4UTG +1 callsUTG +2 callsMP (Villian-$800) raises to $50 (very loose)everybody else folds...friend calls UTG +1 and UTG + 2 fold...Pot = $114flop is 8s 9s 3dhero checksvillian bets $50hero-cr to $150villian-shoves his stackhero-folds (after 3 min of thinking) showing the setvillian-????(tell you later)hero tells me after...that the money was a factor in his decision...he said he could walk away up $700 or if he loses the pot down $100..and there was only 15 min left to playI told him no way you fold that hand...if he as a set of 8's or 9's so be it...but you cant play W SCARED MONEY....thoughts?guesses what villian was holding?

Sorry just posted...but I am not sure if this is the right sectionHey All,I am new to this so I'll try me best to articulate.My friend is playing a home game when the following hand comes up just before time to go home...Hero is UTG ($900) with 3h3c. he limps $4UTG +1 callsUTG +2 callsMP (Villian-$800) raises to $50 (very loose)everybody else folds...friend calls UTG +1 and UTG + 2 fold...Pot = $114flop is 8s 9s 3dhero checksvillian bets $50hero-cr to $150villian-shoves his stackhero-folds (after 3 min of thinking) showing the setvillian-????(tell you later)hero tells me after...that the money was a factor in his decision...he said he could walk away up $700 or if he loses the pot down $100..and there was only 15 min left to playI told him no way you fold that hand...if he as a set of 8's or 9's so be it...but you cant play W SCARED MONEY....thoughts?guesses what villian was holding?
Can't get the money in fast enough. If the money is playing that big a role in your decision making then you should not be playing. That is a next to dream flop for your "friend" Why are you calling the re-raise pf if you are going to lay down after hitting. This was the wrong decision all the way. Your crushing the villains overpair imo. Snap call.

Obviously the spade or straight is going to come, but he has to call.lol. He should raise or fold preflop. And I wouldn't call a 11.5 bb raise preflop with 33. but that's me...

This hand is so bad it's ridiculous. Hero should easily fold preflop to a 50 dollar raise. Hero should then bet/shove on this board against a PASSIVE player, let alone an agressive one.

I'm probably the shittiest poker player on the planet but the question he needs to ask himself is "Ok, why did i call with 33?" Of course the answer should be "to catch another 3 and win a big pot" He caught what he wanted and ran away, he should have just folded pre-flop if he thought he wouldnt call with the set.The other guy probably knew your friend was scared money on the last hand and just stole his $50 with the worst hand. If he had pocket 8's or 9's then grats to him. But i'd guess an overpair or the nut flush draw is what he had.

Lol, did he call the $50 preflop hoping to flop quads?
No, I think he was only looking to call if a straight flush formed around one of his threes.
No, I think he was only looking to call if a straight flush formed around one of his threes.
I said the same thing....He should of shoved after villian's RRIts a pretty dumb play by him....trust me he regrets his playBTW villian had AA

I am thoroughly impressed that your friend was able to build such a nice stack with the same mind that told him to fold this hand after the flop.

There are rare times to fold a set on the flop. This is not one of them, because we are not remarkably deep, the board offers lots of draws and thus encourages action from lesser holdings, and we're not playing a multiway pot.