I'm not sure this is a problem, and I'm not even sure it is accurrate, but it seems that way.When I'm ready to quit and I'm happy that I made a nice win, I usually decide to play util the blinds get back to me, and it seems like I end up in a hand where I lose a few bets much more often than I win a hand. For instance, when I plan on quitting, in those last few hands, I'll get dealt AK, raise, miss the flop completely, and eventually lose the hand, giving away some of the profit I hoped to bank.It doesn't seem like a leak to see hands for free, and I know that I'm playing the hands correctly. Maybe I win as much as I lose, but it sure seems like the bad result happens much more than the good one. I'm at the point that in my last orbit I'm hopnig for hands that are easy to fold.Peace,Opie
I've run into this scenario before on many occasions. The only thing to do is play the hand out with as few mistakes as possible and whatever happens, happens. Don't focus on the fact you lost a couple of bets if you played the hand correctly, the bottom line is you play the hand proper.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing live 3/6 or 4/8 LHE, thinking that the other players think and play the way I do, and yet being constantly amazed at the atrocious hands they flip over and drag a pot.....

It's been said before but I definitely think one of the real problems I have run into lately is the fact that I have not been critically thinking about hands. Failing to take into consideration my opponents range of hands has been at the root of this as of late. With my focus switched to putting in more volume and hence playing more tables, this element of my game has been severely lacking. I have made a conscious effort over the last few weeks to address this and the results have been much better. Its always good to step back and look at things you may be doing wrong, learning from mistakes and making the effort to correct them pays major dividends.

Discipline is one of mine. I find that sometimes, I start to be really loose, ie opening 34s UTG in a $100NL FR game if the cards have been dead for me for a bit. Usually, this also comes after I've played more than 2 hours continuous. Once I notice it, I'll force myself to quit playing. Make a hot drink and have a couple of cigarettes. It helps for my poker (not health though...).

My biggest mistake is not sticking with my best games. For some reason I get bored with turbo sit n gos and play in other games that I'm not as good at.

The main issue I am having right now is playing deepstack usually have reaching the money. Once I've been playing a tournament for 3-4+ hours I notice my play can greatly deteriorate. This is especially true after I have been card dead for awhile and am seeing other people at the table betting and raising each hand. Even worse when I have a big stack and this is going on.Lately this has been the cause of me busting out of a few tournaments with only a small cash that I know for a fact I could have went much deeper in. It's quite frustrating, as after the hand is over, I am pretty angry with myself for making such dumb moves when I'm certain I know better.I really don't know how to get around this. I've never really been a patient person by nature and adjusting myself to the degree that I already have has taken a LOT of time. I suppose I will just have to learn from my mistakes.

No one ever wins with JJ!
so true lolI think, the one thing I find the most funny part of poker stat tracking is looking at what I make live vs on line play, profit wise and , I definitely see my profits go down the drain playing on line, in particularity nlhe big tournaments , turbo's and stud are fine, some sng 18 mans are fine but everything else just kills me. I see my profit ratio go to hell. I had some coaching, even poker VT and I try to fix my leaks and still suck lol. I just lose focus after 3-4 hours. or get pissed off when I get donked upon when someone donked calls me with some 72 crap and hits when I have KK or AA,( not mentioning any names here like nutzzcase or my other dog friend from Chi town lol Max ) just saying there are tons out there. donkey ass players