I think we should consider an IR where we can place injured players whose salary won't count against our cap. A team's season shouldn't be severely punished by an injury to a high-salaried player, especially in this sport.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of an injured reserve, as long as it wouldn't be too much leg work for Danny/Steve.How does it work in the AHL? Say if you put a guy on IR, then fill that cap space with some other player. What happens if the player is back to healthy and you don't have room for him under the cap? Is it like the NHL where only the remaining cap for the season counts against the cap?

I would assume we can trade cap right now.I don;t know about during the auction. What is you thoughts on why you should not deal cap at that time. I have no problems with it either way, I am just curious.
- dont like that someone can just give away cap, once they use up their roster spaces. Sometimes it rewards poor managers who dont "budget" properly.- dont like that your setting up to get a player by saving cap space, know you have the most to bid on a player, and then right before that player gets nominated, suddenly another team trades for cap, and has the most to spend.- it seems to confuse people during the auction, and slows it down. Suddenly you have teams waiting to nominate because they are about to announce a trade. Just have the auction, no trading to make it go longer.I dont know if any of those are so-called good arguments. Just how I feel.
I like the idea of an injured reserve, as long as it wouldn't be too much leg work for Danny/Steve.How does it work in the AHL? Say if you put a guy on IR, then fill that cap space with some other player. What happens if the player is back to healthy and you don't have room for him under the cap? Is it like the NHL where only the remaining cap for the season counts against the cap?
The AHL is just a reserve. Doesnt need to be injured.I like the idea, but one note. In my RL baseball pool, player needs to be on DL. Later on in the year, this gets tricky as MLB teams dont use the DL as much.
- dont like that someone can just give away cap, once they use up their roster spaces. Sometimes it rewards poor managers who dont "budget" properly.- dont like that your setting up to get a player by saving cap space, know you have the most to bid on a player, and then right before that player gets nominated, suddenly another team trades for cap, and has the most to spend.- it seems to confuse people during the auction, and slows it down. Suddenly you have teams waiting to nominate because they are about to announce a trade. Just have the auction, no trading to make it go longer.I dont know if any of those are so-called good arguments. Just how I feel.
Hmm, makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me as well. I wouldn't have a problem with not allowing cap to be traded during the draft. I don't see why we can't trade leading up to the draft though.

Makes sense to me as well. I wouldn't have a problem with not allowing cap to be traded during the draft. I don't see why we can't trade leading up to the draft though.
I dont have a problem with trading now either, but would like at least a couple of days of frozen rosters+cap to be able to prep for the draft. Just me wishing. :)Most of my RL pools pretty much freeze all moves a week or so before the auction/draft, just feels like it gives everyone a good opp to prep and decide who's available, and who has $ to spend and so on.

To be honest, that makes perfect sense to me.disclaimer: I haven't been through many auction type drafts. Just last years FCBL draft, which this situation didn't really apply to, and this year's FCHL draft, which I didn't even know I was going to be a part of until 2 hours before.

The AHL is just a reserve. Doesnt need to be injured.I like the idea, but one note. In my RL baseball pool, player needs to be on DL. Later on in the year, this gets tricky as MLB teams dont use the DL as much.
We have an active roster that counts against the cap and a 5-man max reserve where the salaries don't count against cap. If you move a guy from reserve to active you must be sure to stay under cap. I agree with Arp that a player must be on actual DL to be placed on IR in pool.

Have I mentioned before how much I love this pool? I'm just so damn excited for baseball season to start, and I can't really say thats ever been the case before.

Have I mentioned before how much I love this pool? I'm just so damn excited for baseball season to start, and I can't really say thats ever been the case before.
I was going to type "ditto" but figured I'd quickly google ditto for an image.The first image for ditto was this:BethDitto_The_Gossip.jpg
I don't know if this makes much difference. In-season, cap doesn't matter much, no? I guess we could do this, which would effectively open up an extra roster spot for everyone, since at some point, everyone will have someone who is hurt!
Not sure I agree with this either! It does reward good budgeters, but I don't see why that's so great. If people budget poorly and leave themselves with extra or not enough cap, they might be punished or rewarded depending on the market. Just a risk you take.I agree it can slow down the auction, but I'd expect that to have minimal effect since it's a Yahoo auction.It does help, since you know how much your 'opponent' has left, but it also gives people who save cap a lot more power, which I don't think is to be encouraged.I may be in the minority here, but I don't think I'd vote for that rule.Not sure why I responded to two of Dubey's posts about this, since he was also just responding...but there you have it!
I don't know if this makes much difference. In-season, cap doesn't matter much, no? I guess we could do this, which would effectively open up an extra roster spot for everyone, since at some point, everyone will have someone who is hurt!
It makes a huge difference. My team for example. I'm

nun's-pussy

tight up against the cap and if a guy like Tulowitzki goes down for the season I don't have the room to add anyone. We can say tough luck, but I hate to have anyone's season hanging by a season-ending hangnail.

It makes a huge difference. My team for example. I'm

nun's-pussy

tight up against the cap and if a guy like Tulowitzki goes down for the season I don't have the room to add anyone. We can say tough luck, but I hate to have anyone's season hanging by a season-ending hangnail.

But it'd really be no different than if, I dunno, Colby Rasmus went down. All free agents are a buck.

Unless you wanted to make a trade for some help.I don't really feel strongly about it either way. I had Ellsbury out for the entire year last year taking up $9.50 in cap and it didn't cripple me.

Not sure I agree with this either! It does reward good budgeters, but I don't see why that's so great. If people budget poorly and leave themselves with extra or not enough cap, they might be punished or rewarded depending on the market. Just a risk you take.I agree it can slow down the auction, but I'd expect that to have minimal effect since it's a Yahoo auction.It does help, since you know how much your 'opponent' has left, but it also gives people who save cap a lot more power, which I don't think is to be encouraged.I may be in the minority here, but I don't think I'd vote for that rule.Not sure why I responded to two of Dubey's posts about this, since he was also just responding...but there you have it!
So, the current rule is that we CAN trade during cap?How do I go about asking us to change the rule then? Id like to have rosters+cap frozen 72hrs before the draft. I think maybe most of the pool would too, but cant say for sure.*** this has nothing to do with my team and its current situation. I believe this is just better all around for the pool, this one and FCHL. If anything, I guess Dan's point is that me having lots of cap means being able to trade is actually to my advantage. Personally, I dont care about advantage, Id just rather make the auction more straightforward, uncomplicated and smooth. My experience in FCHL tells me its not always the case when trading cap in auction.
So, the current rule is that we CAN trade during cap?How do I go about asking us to change the rule then? Id like to have rosters+cap frozen 72hrs before the draft. I think maybe most of the pool would too, but cant say for sure.*** this has nothing to do with my team and its current situation. I believe this is just better all around for the pool, this one and FCHL. If anything, I guess Dan's point is that me having lots of cap means being able to trade is actually to my advantage. Personally, I dont care about advantage, Id just rather make the auction more straightforward, uncomplicated and smooth. My experience in FCHL tells me its not always the case when trading cap in auction.
I'm not sure if the wording in the rules is a roster freeze. I have a feeling I was careless, which means any trading between now and then would require a rule change!I won't be around, but everyone feel free to have your say as to whether you'd like:a) rosters to be frozen (or not) a certain point before the auction. Whether it be 3 days or 10, or not at all, but that trading cap is not allowed during the auction.So far, sounds like majority would prefer at least no trading cap during the auction. I'll trust Steve or whoever to determine based on opinions what we should do. I have one vote, which I will place in the camp that trading should be allowed at all times.

I'm against trading also.Also I'm against having an IR since we do have bench spots. I have IR spots in another BB league but that is because every player on a team's roster counts. In that case, someone getting hurt would result in playing one less player until that player came back.In this league, we have a bench for that. If someone decides to use their bench to carry a bunch of rookies/guys with promise, then that is a trade-off versus another team that carries players in their 30's who actually play.

With regards to the rules regarding trading cap space, I propose that we set a deadline. Lets say 3days before, so midnight on Friday the 18th would be the deadline. No trading after that, until the auction is over.FOR:ArpJPGo BearsSteveDubey? (said against trading during auction, i think he was ok with 2/3 days before as well)AGAINST:DannyGanyone else wanna speak up? Im guessing if we get 7/8 FOR, the rule is set?