Played in a home game last night and had this hand come upStacksHero: 40 utgVillian # 1: 20 hes on buttonVillian # 2: 25 hes in sbVillian 1 and 2 know each other very well and 2 consistently wins money off 1 every time this game is played. Everyone makes comments on how 2 "owns" 1, and they like to clash heads a lot.Were 6 handedHero straddles to 1folds around to button, villian 1 who makes it 2villian 2 in sb makes it 4hero looks at 88 and ?????

Folds. You're not deep enough to set mine and 3 way 88 will rarely have any showdown value.
how many big blinds deep would you want to be here to call?
how many big blinds deep would you want to be here to call?
The general rule for set mining is that you want the effective stacks to be 10-15 times the size of the raise you are calling pre-flop.So to call the $3 you would want $30 - $45 behind. Seeing as the guys will only have $16 and $21, it just won't be profitable imoThe reason for this is that you will flop a set 1 in 8 times (approx) and even when you do:1) You will not always win their entire stack2) You will not be guaranteed to have the best hand (draws will complete on turn/river, set-over-set rarely happens but it does)GL
Don't straddle like a tard and this hand works out a lot better
live straddle of 4x BB? it is usually 2X from what i understand
live straddle of 4x BB? it is usually 2X from what i understand
A lot of places you can straddle as much as you want...The current record at the place I play 1/2 is a $100 straddle with a $250 double straddle (and no, they weren't blind all ins)