Biatch's Barbershop (spring Edition)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Official.   I signed the papers today and purchased a 2015 Toyota Corolla Sports Model. It's pretty much the same as the regular Corolla, except its a little more sporty, sporty seats, backup c

I have a 55" Vizio LCD and it's perfect. I don't think we sit far away enough but it's great. Sometimes I wonder if I should have gone even bigger.

Dale, do you recall how much you paid? Do you think plasma is better than LCD?I dont care about the sound of this tv, Im probably gonna wear headphones when I watch most of the time, to not wake up others.Chris, do you recall how far they recommended, or how you have it set up now for optimum distance? I think Id be about 10ft away. Im thinking 46" is good for that, maybe even 42.The room is too small IMO for anything 50" or higher. Essentially its an average size bedroom. I already have the 55" in the family room, this is #2, hoping for a sharper picture and I want to sit closer to this tv. (im too far from the big screen, big family room)

All I've ever heard is how LCD is better than Plasma, but I can't say I have any experience with Plasma, just going off what I've been told, especially when I was shopping for a tv a few years ago.

Dale, do you recall how much you paid? Do you think plasma is better than LCD?I dont care about the sound of this tv, Im probably gonna wear headphones when I watch most of the time, to not wake up others.Chris, do you recall how far they recommended, or how you have it set up now for optimum distance? I think Id be about 10ft away. Im thinking 46" is good for that, maybe even 42.
I think Bob in his spare time has a PHD in television and audio equipment.Best to get his 2 cents.
Dale, do you recall how much you paid? Do you think plasma is better than LCD?I dont care about the sound of this tv, Im probably gonna wear headphones when I watch most of the time, to not wake up others.Chris, do you recall how far they recommended, or how you have it set up now for optimum distance? I think Id be about 10ft away. Im thinking 46" is good for that, maybe even 42.
I think I got it for $1200, but I'm way up here in Sudbury. You can probably find it for a better price.http://www.pcworld.com/article/137429-2/lc...ht_for_you.htmlImage burn-in doesn't seem to be a problem unless someone is stupid about things.

I have four HD tvs in my house.... 3 plasma and 1 LCD. The LCD is the highest end TV (Samsung) and it's spectacular. You can see the screen from any angle (although I find it's the same with the plasmas) but the picture quality is sick. Someone who knows more about TV's can address this better, but I was told the plasmas have a higher refresh rate so their better for sports, but I actually find a little drag and blur on the plasmas that I dont get on the LCD. As for distance, here's a chart: http://www.dtvcity.com/lcdtv/lcdscreensize.html

Someone who knows more about TV's can address this better, but I was told the plasmas have a higher refresh rate so their better for sports, but I actually find a little drag and blur on the plasmas that I dont get on the LCD.
this is exactly what I had heard, and why Im on here asking you guys. As fellow hockey/sports viewers, I figure you can give me a more honest+accurate opinion on the things that matter to me. I go to Future Shop, and the kid there tells me its awesome for Halo, and that means nothing to me.(no offense to those of you into gaming!)
this is exactly what I had heard, and why Im on here asking you guys. As fellow hockey/sports viewers, I figure you can give me a more honest+accurate opinion on the things that matter to me. I go to Future Shop, and the kid there tells me its awesome for Halo, and that means nothing to me.(no offense to those of you into gaming!)
Well I can tell you that anything in HD (sports included) looks absolutely incredible on my TV. I find no blur or drag whatsoever.

Same here. I've never noticed any drag or lag or anything, even as fast paced as hockey.I have a 42" Sharp Aquos LCD from at least 2.5 years ago, maybe more. It's absolutely gorgeous in HD.

I have a 2.5 year old Samsung 37" LCD that has caused me no problems. Halo looks amazing on it!I would love a plasma but at the time I would never have been able to watch it on a sunny day without buying black curtains.

One of the factors that pushed me toward a Plasma was the durability of the screen. A plasma screen is much more solid than an LCD screen. Go to the store and check it out for yourself. This is VERY important if you have kids (or throw remotes).

One of the factors that pushed me toward a Plasma was the durability of the screen. A plasma screen is much more solid than an LCD screen. Go to the store and check it out for yourself. This is VERY important if you have kids (or throw remotes).
My 3 year old just missed our 46 inch LCD Samsung by mere inches. She threw a Zhu Zhu pet.
There will be very little remote throwing this year..Last night was a good start..
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi. I've placed a large large wager on the Chicago Bears -3 vs the Redskins. It is on FOX. If the Bears win, I shall give you all imaginary high fives. It shall be wonderful. If the Redskins win, I shall retire from everything. Miss you allxoxo-biatch

Hi. I've placed a large large wager on the Chicago Bears -3 vs the Redskins. It is on FOX. If the Bears win, I shall give you all imaginary high fives. It shall be wonderful. If the Redskins win, I shall retire from everything. Miss you allxoxo-biatch
what if the likely scenario of Chicago -3 push happens?
  • 1 year later...

The goalies have proven they suck, Bryzgalaoaofawjov is in a game he might even be injured in, 87% of the public backing the over. Therefore... *gulp* big bet on the UNDER 7. Story of the day: Greg Zaun thinks I'm a chick. My followers are increasing though, up to 640 now! photo.png

under is also paying +110 on bet 365.me and some friends are going up for a couple jays game this year too, we're gunna go to a bar, and text greg zaun to meet us there. one of my friends is blonde, she doesnt look like my pic, but is still hot, and we all think it would be funny.

todd furman, head bookie at Caesar's, one of the most popular bookies, he's always on ESPN and stuff with Chad Millman, tweeted me and said the bookies really need the under tonight.

The goalies have proven they suck, Bryzgalaoaofawjov is in a game he might even be injured in, 87% of the public backing the over. Therefore... *gulp* big bet on the UNDER 7. Story of the day: Greg Zaun thinks I'm a chick. My followers are increasing though, up to 640 now! photo.png
That is awesome. My twitter name is "Zauntourage."
todd furman, head bookie at Caesar's, one of the most popular bookies, he's always on ESPN and stuff with Chad Millman, tweeted me and said the bookies really need the under tonight.
That is pretty cool actually.