The Offical Edmonton Oilers Thread!

The official Edmonton Oilers websiteoilers.jpgThis is the thread for all the new updates and game results for everyones favorite 30th placed NHL team!As it has been well documented Devon Dubnyk finally gets his first of many NHL wins in the SO against Detriot. Gratz buddyJorda Eberle scored on his first shift with the Falcons and added one assist, finished Even in the OT loss.Patrick O'Sullivan will likly play on sunday vs SJ. He had a fingernail torn right off his hand. Thats what people do to others to torture them so I can only imagine the pain that caused.Oilers are 0-2-1 vs SJ this year.
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's the one on the right, isn't he?  

Based on talent...Colorado. Based on money...Edmonton.

Since Bryzgalov joined the team, they are unbeaten and have outscored the opposition 11-1. Ya, he hasn't played yet, but its obvious Ilya's presence in the room has made a world of difference.

As it has been well documented Devon Dubnyk finally gets his first of many NHL wins in the SO against Detriot. Gratz buddy
As has also been documented, Dubnyk is the brother of FCP poster, Dubey. The Dubey brothers!* Congrats. Next step...get Devon to start an insider blog, on what it is like playing on a last-place team with so many exciting young players. And Shawn Horcoff.*courtesy of digitalmonkey

Ahh, the long overdue oilers thread!Oilers played two very good games on the weekend against two very good teams. I hope they can keep it going for Tuesday's game against the canucks!

Ahh, the long overdue oilers thread!Oilers played two very good games on the weekend against two very good teams. I hope they can keep it going for Tuesday's game against the canucks!
I agree, I put this thing off for too long.What I want to know is where was the skill they showed vs SJ last night the other 65 games of the year?Eberle has 3g 3a +3 in 3 games with the falcons so far.
I agree, I put this thing off for too long.What I want to know is where was the skill they showed vs SJ last night the other 65 games of the year?Eberle has 3g 3a +3 in 3 games with the falcons so far.
I kinda think they might consider bringing Eberle up for the last 9 games or whatever amount it is that doesn't take one year off of his contract.That's what I would do. I certainly would never waist a year of his contract on this team, though.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd..._medium=twitterGoalie Devan Dubnyk(notes) has an infectious gastrointestinal disorder, which is gross and will also potentially keep him off the Edmonton bench tonight. So Coach Pat Quinn said "the search is on" for an Edmonton backup, according to the Edmonton Journal
You need to be tall enough to fit into his equipment. He's 6'5".

yeah, so "infectious gastrointestinal disorder" = flu I guess.Talked to him this morning after he got back from the doctor, he was told it was a stomach flu.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd..._medium=twitterGoalie Devan Dubnyk(notes) has an infectious gastrointestinal disorder, which is gross and will also potentially keep him off the Edmonton bench tonight. So Coach Pat Quinn said "the search is on" for an Edmonton backup, according to the Edmonton Journal
We have signed the goalies of the UofA Golden Bears before, might end up doing it again.To go with Dubnyk, O'Sullivan and Peckham are also out. Dean Arsene will draw in.Van vs Edm is always a good physical hockey game so this should be a good one to watch.
The golden bears are out east or something, and there wasn't enough time to even call up someone from the ahl.
Your right they are out east for CIS games. The UofC however wasn't and they signed Nathan Deobald.
I love these situations, where a guy gets called up just for a day or two. What do they make, $10K?
whats the NHL minimum? $600k? I wonder if it applies for all short term contracts as well.if they get the $600k, thats like 3k a day Im guessing.

Actually, if I remember correctly, players on one day contracts don't make any money.I remember when they called up that UBC kid to backup Cloutier in Vancouver one time, and he mentioned in an interview that he didn't get paid.

Actually, if I remember correctly, players on one day contracts don't make any money.I remember when they called up that UBC kid to backup Cloutier in Vancouver one time, and he mentioned in an interview that he didn't get paid.
That sucks, but I think you're right. I'm more thinking of the guys on minor-league contracts who get called up for a day or two. I'm almost certain they get the NHL minimum for the call-up, even if it is just a bus ride back and forth.
That sucks, but I think you're right. I'm more thinking of the guys on minor-league contracts who get called up for a day or two. I'm almost certain they get the NHL minimum for the call-up, even if it is just a bus ride back and forth.
Well, you can't get called up from the minors unless you have an NHL contract, but since most of the guys are on 2-ways, their contract goes from 50k to 500k for a few days, which is a pretty big deal to most guys.

It works like this. You need an NHL contract to play or practice in the NHL. You get paid on the number of DAYS you're on the NHL roster. If you're in the minors with a 2 way deal, you get paid based on your NHL-level contract.They go by the number of days in the NHL season, which this year is 193. If you get called up, you'd get 1/193rd of your NHL contract per day you're on the roster. I'm sure there are more detailed definitions of certain things, but that's the gist of it.So yeah, for some minor leaguers on 2-ways, they're going from 50k/year to making 550k/193 per day (or whatever their deal calls for), which is $2,849.74 per day.

That would be more than I make in a day.
after taxes, groupies drinks, separate phone account...It only works out to $359. 87

In these situations they are singed on what is called an"Amateur Tryout Contract" and they are not paid but needless t say expenses are covered, and they get to keep there jersey.This way they do not loose armature eligibility.

In these situations they are singed on what is called an"Amateur Tryout Contract" and they are not paid but needless t say expenses are covered, and they get to keep there jersey.This way they do not loose armature eligibility.
Has anyone ever signed to a tryout contract mid season stayed with the team for more then 1-2 games?

Edmonton is 3-0 vs Detriot and looking to sweep the season series. This would be the only team we did this to this season.

They beat us like a rented mule. They just slap us every time we play them and I'm not joking here. We're usually down two goals, six minutes in. I hope they let us touch the puck.