The Offical Edmonton Oilers Thread!

Both of those trades would be great for Edmonton, but probably not realistic. hmm, Maybe the second one, though I think Phoenix is pretty high on Hanzal.

I don't see St. Louis giving Backes or Oshie back as part of that first deal. Maybe Berglund or Perron?

I would bet anything that if they choose to trade a Hall/Yakupov, the return would be more then we expect. I think the bidding will go through the roof.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's the one on the right, isn't he?  

Based on talent...Colorado. Based on money...Edmonton.

Since Bryzgalov joined the team, they are unbeaten and have outscored the opposition 11-1. Ya, he hasn't played yet, but its obvious Ilya's presence in the room has made a world of difference.

This is a great conversation and great speculation, unfortunately in this day of UFA, RFA, salary caps, hockey trades like this are very rare..Hopefully it can happen , as its fun to see as fans..But its tough.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this was posted before, but its really cool interview with Devan..Best answer is the first one...Apparently Dubey bullied him into cheering for the Leafs..LOVE IT:

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, She's not due till Aug 1st. I am an uncle already though, My sister has a 3 year old daughter.

Looks like it might be up to you and the wife to make the first boy :)

Both of those trades would be great for Edmonton, but probably not realistic. hmm, Maybe the second one, though I think Phoenix is pretty high on Hanzal.

I don't see St. Louis giving Backes or Oshie back as part of that first deal. Maybe Berglund or Perron?

don't see STL or PHX making either of those trades.

zach was referring to backes or oshie, I don't think he was offhandedly dismissing bergy/perron. good calls by all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The two smartest betters I follow on twitter have picked Edmonton on their futures. For one guy, it is his only play (to win the Stanley Cup) - for the other, he picked the Rangers in the East and Oilers in the West.

The two smartest betters I follow on twitter have picked Edmonton on their futures. For one guy, it is his only play (to win the Stanley Cup) - for the other, he picked the Rangers in the East and Oilers in the West.

MDG what are you talking about. I never picked anyone to win the Cup yet.

Are you telling me smart betters are picking Edmonton to win the Cup *this* year?

Yes! I know, surprised me too. But the one guy in particular is friggin ridiculous about these futures, and hockey might be his best sport. Obviously he didn't call them favourites, but took them around 35:1 I believe.

unrelated to the RNH signing and Danny's story, I was actually planning on bumping this thread to say that this is the year I think the Oilers will finally be competing for, and probably making the playoffs.

All the kids are a year older, which helps. Perron and Ference were excellent pickups. But the big X factor is Dallas Eakins. I think he is the first coach in recent memory who will actually demand accountability from a few guys who desperately need accountability. I love what he did with the young kids on the Marlies, and I think he was the perfect coach to bring into this dressing room at this time.

unrelated to the RNH signing and Danny's story, I was actually planning on bumping this thread to say that this is the year I think the Oilers will finally be competing for, and probably making the playoffs.

All the kids are a year older, which helps. Perron and Ference were excellent pickups. But the big X factor is Dallas Eakins. I think he is the first coach in recent memory who will actually demand accountability from a few guys who desperately need accountability. I love what he did with the young kids on the Marlies, and I think he was the perfect coach to bring into this dressing room at this time.

How do you feel about their goaltending? :)

Right now I can get Edmonton at 34:1 on the Atlantic version of pro-line. Might drop a bit.

They have some above-market odds on other things too I'm looking at:

Rangers to win the East at 15:1, Stars to win the West at 26:1. In the NFL, you can get Seattle to win the Conference at 4 and Super Bowl at 7.