The Offical Edmonton Oilers Thread!

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's the one on the right, isn't he?  

Based on talent...Colorado. Based on money...Edmonton.

Since Bryzgalov joined the team, they are unbeaten and have outscored the opposition 11-1. Ya, he hasn't played yet, but its obvious Ilya's presence in the room has made a world of difference.

Its only scummy if your looking to leave Edmonton for another country where they dont know real hockey.
Heyyyyyyyyyyy......<---------------------
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

This guy on twitter, wanna be Eklund is reporting there are talks to send PK SUBBAN to Edmonton for Yakupov..

Hockey insider something is his name..Start a twitter war with Aaron Ward.

Im not linking anything...I am lazy..Suck it

• 2 months later...

Looking to make a big trade in my keeper league..Kessel and Kopitar for Ryan Nugent Hopkins and draft pick

Its basically two rent a players for a long term keeper and high draft pick.

Where do you see the Nugent-Hopkins in a couple of years?

Is this the AHL-like pool, so G=1 A=.5?

I think Nugent Hopkins is a great get in this kind of trade, but he will be more of an assist guy then a goal scorer. Still, in 2yrs, I say he could be a 25gl+55assist guy, and a top 10 pts scorer in the NHL. Some think he is already top 20, I'm not so sure, but probably close. And in 2yrs time will be the height of his stardom, so perfect player for you if you think thats your window of opportunity to contend.

If you have no hope for this year, and Kess+Kopi are for just this year, take the deal now. Im not loving Kopi this year, and could see Kessel being a little off last years pace this year.

The pick is just a bonus. Do it, and pat yourself on the back for getting that good of a keeper.

Is this the AHL-like pool, so G=1 A=.5?

I think Nugent Hopkins is a great get in this kind of trade, but he will be more of an assist guy then a goal scorer. Still, in 2yrs, I say he could be a 25gl+55assist guy, and a top 10 pts scorer in the NHL. Some think he is already top 20, I'm not so sure, but probably close. And in 2yrs time will be the height of his stardom, so perfect player for you if you think thats your window of opportunity to contend.

If you have no hope for this year, and Kess+Kopi are for just this year, take the deal now. Im not loving Kopi this year, and could see Kessel being a little off last years pace this year.

The pick is just a bonus. Do it, and pat yourself on the back for getting that good of a keeper.

Thanks ARP, its exactly AHL rules...Sort of analysis I was looking for to pull the trigger

yeah RNH is an elite talent, but you can probably expect more like Joe Thornton numbers than Steven Stamkos.I think he's probably a 65 point player now, but will be an 80-95 point player in a couple years when he fills out a bit.

I agree with Arp and Dave.

BTW, nice to see you managing your team with your head rather than your heart, Serge. It's not always easy.

Its a lot easy to tank in a shorter season..

:)

Its a lot easy to tank in a shorter season..

:)

Thats funny, I thought it would be tougher. Shorter sched=anything could happen.

With a shorter schedule, I wouldnt be as eager to trade for a rental, since it doesnt help me for that many games. So, in turn, less top keepers available and then your less likely to "dump/tank". Will be interesting to see how it plays out in AHL.

yeah they were saying last night that he could conceivably win ROTY in the AHL and NHL.

I dont think so based on AHL logic. I remember this strange thing:

October AHL Player of the Month: rookie Justin Schultz

October AHL Rookie of the Month: Mikael Granlund

Guess they like to spread the love around.

• 1 month later...

and 18 shots against.

This team is ****ing awful. Also, they are not a "young and exciting team" as so many people who obviously don't spend any time watching the oilers love to say. Young? yes. Exciting? God no.

and 18 shots against.

This team is ****ing awful. Also, they are not a "young and exciting team" as so many people who obviously don't spend any time watching the oilers love to say. Young? yes. Exciting? God no.

Now they have Mike Brown to knock some sense into them..