The Offical Edmonton Oilers Thread!

what? Do I need another reason to hate Healey? gee, he only got second star, and completely kept them in the game in the first period stopping two breakaways + a penalty shot, plus shut the door on several quality scoring chances in the dying minutes with the score 3-2.
I never like Healey. It was before last night game. What he said was that the lower tier teams had no goaltending. Then someone said how about that Devan kid in Edmonton. Healey then said if he was any good he would be playing every game. He is 50 50 on game nights.
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's the one on the right, isn't he?  

Based on talent...Colorado. Based on money...Edmonton.

Since Bryzgalov joined the team, they are unbeaten and have outscored the opposition 11-1. Ya, he hasn't played yet, but its obvious Ilya's presence in the room has made a world of difference.

Taylor Hall is out for the season with a slight tendon tear in ankle.
This f*cking sucks. No Crosby, no Malkin, no Hall, Ovechkin not himself.....I hate these injuries.I was really enjoying watching Oilers games recently, Hall was really picking it up. Seems like last few him and his line looked a little tired, though I havent watched a lot, just 15min here or there. I thought Devan played well yesterday and I caught a part of the 1st intermission and they were raving about his play. (not that I give it that much weight, but Im guessing it wasnt a homer thing)Personally, in the games Ive seen, he has outplayed Builn. Bulin has had some great games, just never when im watching.

Yeah, my personal bias aside, I don't think there is any question Devan has outplayed khabi this year.Khabibulin: 10-26-2 .893Devan: 9-9-6 .911

shit. I was worried when he went down last night. It didn't look good.The oilers lineup is hilariously bad right now with Penner gone, and Hemsky and Hall injured.
It'll help in the race for #1 overall.
Yeah, my personal bias aside, I don't think there is any question Devan has outplayed khabi this year.Khabibulin: 10-26-2 .893Devan: 9-9-6 .911
I knew the w-l records were slanted in his favour, but i didnt realize that now the sv% was so highly in his favour too.tbh, i look at sv% before i look at most other stats. I wonder how hard the Oilers will try to get rid of NK, or if they even can, in the offseason. still has a couple of yrs im guessing on the deal.
what? Do I need another reason to hate Healey? gee, he only got second star, and completely kept them in the game in the first period stopping two breakaways + a penalty shot, plus shut the door on several quality scoring chances in the dying minutes with the score 3-2.
If Healy doesnt like your brother its a good thing..Sort of like if Eklund says a player is gonna get traded he is good to go and buy a brand new house, cause its not happening..Healy is the biggest idiot on tv..
This f*cking sucks. No Crosby, no Malkin, no Hall, Ovechkin not himself.....I hate these injuries.I was really enjoying watching Oilers games recently, Hall was really picking it up. Seems like last few him and his line looked a little tired, though I havent watched a lot, just 15min here or there. I thought Devan played well yesterday and I caught a part of the 1st intermission and they were raving about his play. (not that I give it that much weight, but Im guessing it wasnt a homer thing)Personally, in the games Ive seen, he has outplayed Builn. Bulin has had some great games, just never when im watching.
Grabovski, Kessel, Kulemin just as exciting..Watch more Leafs games..#tigerblood #winning..:club:
If Healy doesnt like your brother its a good thing..Sort of like if Eklund says a player is gonna get traded he is good to go and buy a brand new house, cause its not happening..Healy is the biggest idiot on tv..Grabovski, Kessel, Kulemin just as exciting..Watch more Leafs games..#tigerblood #winning..:club:
you had me til this.actually, Im loving the Sheen stuff too. I just love a good train wreck, just feel bad for his kids though I guess.and yes, the Leafs are indeed fun to watch. I got to watch the 3rd last night, good stuff.
  • 1 month later...

This is my prediction for future top 6:Taylor Hall - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan EberleMagnus Paajarvi - Sam Gagner - Linus OmarkThat top line could be deadly.

This is my prediction for future top 6:Taylor Hall - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan EberleMagnus Paajarvi - Sam Gagner - Linus OmarkThat top line could be deadly.
Facing that top six 4 years from now is a pretty horrifying proposition.

'Grats on Devan being named to Team CanadaAlso, Glenn Healey, got news for ya. Vancouver was shut out only 4 times this season and Dubnyk was responsible for one of them, so **** you.The others were Rinne (Preds), Lundy (Rangers) and Khudobin (who was with the Wild at the time, but has since been traded to Boston). Not bad company, imo.

'Grats on Devan being named to Team CanadaAlso, Glenn Healey, got news for ya. Vancouver was shut out only 4 times this season and Dubnyk was responsible for one of them, so **** you.
"Fuck you Glenn Healey" pretty much gets the job done no matter what he's rambling about...the man is amazingly clueless.
"Fuck you Glenn Healey" pretty much gets the job done no matter what he's rambling about...the man is amazingly clueless.
Im glad we all agree..At first I thought it was my biased Leafs views and his obvious bias anti Leafs stance.But he is useless..At least Pierre McGuire adds some insight and excitement into the game..Even if its just providing the hometown and junior team of every single player on the ice.
At least Pierre McGuire adds some insight and excitement into the game..Even if its just providing the hometown and junior team of every single player on the ice.
Heh, I caught Craig Laughlin doing that Pierre-style last night..."Dan Girardi...boy he keeps getting better and better doesn't he? Young man from Welland, Ontario...played his junior hockey with the London Knights..." I'm like REALLY Craig? You have to dip into the Pierre well to find something to talk about?
Im glad we all agree..At first I thought it was my biased Leafs views and his obvious bias anti Leafs stance.But he is useless..At least Pierre McGuire adds some insight and excitement into the game..Even if its just providing the hometown and junior team of every single player on the ice.
I dont like Healy. It stems from his beyond obvious slant during the last lockout. Its not that I was pro-owners, I just hated how they put him on air, and how he was obviously just acting as a propaganda machine for the union. Your an analyst/reporter (at least I think thats what he is), show some objectivity! So maybe thats clouded my judgement. But I gotta say, this is the one guy I gotta agree with you on Serge. I dont think others' have the anti-Leaf bias you believe they do, but I think your right on Healy. Whenever I listen, hes just dogging every little thing the Leafs do. I dont know if its his way of getting an audience, but its beyond annoying.And your right on McGuire too. Way too much detail on the player. YA I KNOW HE WAS DRAFTED BY NASHVILLE, enough already!I wish they could all be Kelly Hrudey. I dont have a clue who he roots for/against, and I learn a lot from watching him.
I dont like Healy. It stems from his beyond obvious slant during the last lockout. Its not that I was pro-owners, I just hated how they put him on air, and how he was obviously just acting as a propaganda machine for the union. Your an analyst/reporter (at least I think thats what he is), show some objectivity! So maybe thats clouded my judgement. But I gotta say, this is the one guy I gotta agree with you on Serge. I dont think others' have the anti-Leaf bias you believe they do, but I think your right on Healy. Whenever I listen, hes just dogging every little thing the Leafs do. I dont know if its his way of getting an audience, but its beyond annoying.And your right on McGuire too. Way too much detail on the player. YA I KNOW HE WAS DRAFTED BY NASHVILLE, enough already!I wish they could all be Kelly Hrudey. I dont have a clue who he roots for/against, and I learn a lot from watching him.
I love Kelly Hrudey.
I love Kelly Hrudey.
I think we all do.Does CBC listen to the masses? We hate Healy, Love Hrudey..
I'd take Glen Healey over Joe Bowen any day!
Because you are a fan of the team that is going to lose 5-1 tonight.
Because you are a fan of the team that is going to lose 5-1 tonight.
No, I just can't stand listening to him have aural sex with the Leafs every game.
  • 2 months later...
why?not a big Captain Canada fan?
He's signed for a another year to play with the Los Angeles Kings. It just seems a little scummy to me to be under contract with one team and talking about how you'd like to play for another.
He's signed for a another year to play with the Los Angeles Kings. It just seems a little scummy to me to be under contract with one team and talking about how you'd like to play for another.
you couldnt be more wrong.Its only scummy if your looking to leave Edmonton for another country where they dont know real hockey.Wanting to playing in Canada, only shows you have heart+grit and are a real hockey player, and not some Euro-trash.

It was a story dug up my Bob MacKenzie, and apparently there were talks between Edmonton and Los Angeles about a deal. Smyth has a no movement clause, so he'd have to agree to it. I'm sure that's what Mac found out. Smyth denied that story, obviously, since he could still stay in LA and obviously doesn't want to turn off the fans there.Don't see anything wrong with what anybody did here.

It was a story dug up my Bob MacKenzie, and apparently there were talks between Edmonton and Los Angeles about a deal. Smyth has a no movement clause, so he'd have to agree to it. I'm sure that's what Mac found out. Smyth denied that story, obviously, since he could still stay in LA and obviously doesn't want to turn off the fans there.Don't see anything wrong with what anybody did here.
I don't see anything wrong either if it's true that Smyth didn't say that he wanted to play with Edmonton, but I think it's scummy if he did.